Custom follower outfits

It's about time that I asked this, since I don't want to give up two of my followers this time; I have Mirai, the Girl With the Dragon Heart and Sofia, the comedian. Both are the ones from the Nexus.

The first problem I am dealing with is Mirai's unwillingness to equip a chest peice that I crafted for her.

The gloves and boots, she equipped just fine, and they both appear on her body in the game. For the chest peice, however, she auto-equips a roughspun tunic, and it doesn't show in her inventory.

The problem with Sofia, I think, is that I have to drag and drop the custom aromor files into her folder or whatever (yes it was custom armor from the same mod that Mirai wouldn't rquip). The procedure for this confuses me. If I had it explained to me and then did it myself, I would likely not need to ask again.

While I'm here, does anyone know how to remove strap-ons from NPCs? Both Lydia and Sofia, while trying to figure out how to remove SD+ iron collar (yes I appear to be having difficulty, but nothing game-breaking atm), had some fun, and now they both have a Calyps strap-on equipped that doesn't show in their inventories.

Like I said, I don't want to give them up because I don't know how to fix the problems. Thanks, folks.

PS. Do I need to put custom body files in Sofia's folder to make her naked?

Pick up one of the mods that lets you make adjustments to followers in game, I use Amazing Follower Tweaks myself. This will let you change the items that are part of their outfit which A- are given preference over other items and B- can't be seen in their inventory normally unless you have the top perk in pickpocket. You will also be able to see all the items in their inventory and allows you to make a number of other adjustments to them and adds additional commands.

As for making the npc nude, if you remove all of her clothing does she have a body that includes underwear? If so you can replace the textures and meshes of the body with a nude one, just make sure you have the files named the same.

OK. Update on Mirai: I enchanted some custom armor, she actually eqquipped it, but she is nekkid in the slots I gave her. I went from one extreme to the next.

Try opening up her esp in TES5edit and remove her outfit settings, (not her inventory).

She'll be naked when you meet her but just stick some clothing on her and she'll wear anything regardless since the outfit won't have priority since it's not there.

I do that with some followers that have outfits that have higher stats but I want them to wear other things.

OK. Update on Mirai: I enchanted some custom armor, she actually eqquipped it, but she is nekkid in the slots I gave her. I went from one extreme to the next.

Try opening up her esp in TES5edit and remove her outfit settings, (not her inventory).

She'll be naked when you meet her but just stick some clothing on her and she'll wear anything regardless since the outfit won't have priority since it's not there.

I do that with some followers that have outfits that have higher stats but I want them to wear other things.

Is there a good tutorial for TES5edit to do this? 

In addition to remove outfit setting, I am also curious if it is easy to have custom follower use default body in addition to removing outfits.  I got a Chinese follower mod where the faces and body/cloth don't match at all, aesthetically as well as there are seams everywhere.  I am not familiar with the way this mod was created where everything (body, hand, feet, clothing, cloth etc) has its own folder.  I want to see if I can remove all those dependency to ease my way of learning TEST5edit.  I apologize if OP feels I am hijacking the thread.

Using ATF, I did get Mirai to equip custom armors. The problem now is she's naked despite her armor. I think maybe these followers aren't compatible with the custom armors, since they use default body types that were used the build them in the first place. I think I'll try to overwrite those bodies when I play next.

Archived