Vanilla Houses Won't Reset from Overhaul Mods

RunicGray

Hi guys,

I've been trying to rack my brain around this for aaaages, and I just can't get it to work. So I thought someone more experienced/knowledgeable than I could either point me in the right direction or tell me my game just won't let it happen.

I use Hearthfires. Following some playaround, I've been trying to find a good house for my family to live in - it seems the kids and spouse like Solitude the best. Hey, I already own it! Great! I just needed the children's bedroom. So I go to buy it, and I get the bug where I can't buy the addition. I know the unofficial patch is meant to fix this, but something afterwards seems to be overwriting it. I HAVE managed to fix this by making a singular .esp that patches it, loaded late in the load order. So I was able to buy the children's bedroom.

However, when I went to check the kids' bedroom, I can see that the bookcase is still where it was - I can just about see the door behind it. This is my first indication that something hasn't reset properly - because this is even just the vanilla/DLC stuff at this point. I use markfordelete to get rid of the bookcase and misc stuff in the way, save, reload and all seems well.

Before I move my family in, I decide I'd like an overhaul to Proudspire Manor - lots of mods have expanded it, added auto-sort, etc. I load one in and - whoa, not right at all. The vanilla house and mod house have merged. I can't even go up the stairs because the new house mod changes where the floor is and it just cuts the stairway off. Reading the Troubleshooting, it says to go to another interior of the game, use "pcb", then enter, then "resetinterior solitudeproudspiremanor". At this point, two mods gave me differing instructions, but I tried both - one said that was enough, and another said to type "pcb" and hit enter again, before going to check if the house is right.

Upon entering the house, I can tell the reset has worked on the items, as items that I had pilfered before have respawned. But the actual structure is the same - unusable.

So I'm not sure what's happened here - if one of my mod's has fudged it, if the save file has just been going on too long and the scripts have finally piled up, etc. Or if I'm just not using the pcb, resetinterior console commands correctly?

Save file is 12.804 mb, 90:21 hours clocked. I use BOSS on this playthrough because it was started before LOOT came out and LOOT changes the order so much, the game won't load. So I've had to carry on with BOSS and manually sorting for unrecognised plugins.

Load Order here:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
AzarHair.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
AsharaMerchantNPC.esm
DynamicLoot.esm
GeneralStores.esm
GeneralDisplays.esm
GeneralDisplays - DG.esm
GeneralDisplays - DB.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SPIKE.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
Hearthfire - Roadside Shrine.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp [Active by Archive]
HighResTexturePack02.esp  [Active by Archive]
HighResTexturePack03.esp [Active by Archive]
Brawl Bugs CE.esp [Active by Archive]
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Active by Archive]
Eligible Bachelors.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_NonPlayableOverride.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
Patch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS kids.esp
Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS kids.esp
getSnowyV3.esp
Morning Fogs.esp
Rainbows.esp
SplashofRain.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Ars Metallica.esp
Ars Metallica - Dawnguard.esp
Auto Unequip Arrows.esp
Catsofskyrim.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Dogsofskyrim.esp
DragonCrownCraftable.esp
EbonyCrownCraftable.esp
ElvenCrownCraftable.esp
FISS.esp
GlassCrownCraftable.esp
HearthFireStores(GS).esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
LivelyLovelyScreenie.esp
LustyArgonianMaid&SultryArgonianBard.esp
Point The Way.esp
Real Clouds.esp
ShootingStars.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SSAssist.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
WetandCold - Holidays.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
Footprints.esp
RaceMenu.esp
towConversation.esp
SkyUI.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
TakeNotes.esp
towPov.esp
chfshVariousActions.esp
chfshPlayerVoicesets.esp
AsharaRomanticOutfit.esp
NS_NobleDress.esp
Cloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
DaedricCrownCraftable.esp
DragonPlateCrownCraftable.esp
Dread Huntress Armor.esp
DynamicLoot_DB.esp
DynamicLoot_DG.esp
Guild Duelist Armor.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
DynamicLoot_ImmersiveArmors&Weapons.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.esp
DynamicLoot_LoreWeaponExpansion.esp
NobleWeddingDressByUrshi.esp
NRzJournal.esp
PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
PrvtI_HeavyArmory_DG_Addon.esp
DynamicLoot_HeavyArmoryDBDG.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp
WarmongerArmory_LeveledList.esp
DynamicLoot_WarmongerArmoryLL.esp
Scarves! Skyrim Edition!.esp
VelvetRobesandCloaks.esp
The Unclaimed Delivery.esp
Bards&Merchants.esp
Castle Strunmah.esp
Cathedral.esp
Vetrheim.esp
CZHCAD.esp
CZHCAD_DG.esp
CZHCAD_HF.esp
ElysiumEstate.esp
ElysiumEstate-DG.esp
ElysiumEstate-HF.esp
ElysiumEstate-DB.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
Proudspire Manor Childroom Fix.esp
[This is the patch I made - all it does it adjust the questline/dialogue where you buy the children's bedrooms and properly sets it to Childrens Room - it's set to Bedroom in Heathfires, for some reason.]
SoLo Solace.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
thereserve.esp
female mannequins.esp
Babette.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC.esp
SkyNotebook.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Storefront.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
ELE-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE DG-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE HF-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE DB-Interior Lighting.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
FNISspells.esp
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
GuildStarter.esp
Cazy Hairs-by zzjay.esp
Fh hairs-by zzjay.esp
LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
LunariRace.esp
OrientalRace.esp
TemptressVixen.esp
3DNPC.esp
Aranya.esp
MindiFollower.esp
SRIlta.esp
SRIsaka.esp
SRKirsikka.esp
SRMaisa.esp
SRSarasta.esp
FollowerEthreleThelus.esp
CerwidenCompanion.esp
Better Revyn Sadri - Azar Hair.esp
Custom Family Home.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
DynamicAutoSort.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
TTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp
ImmersiveWater3.esp
MoonGlow.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Just a bit of a bump and an update. I've not been able to fix the issue, but using some freecam and free collision, I've been able to make out parts that are still left over from the vanilla house and manually markfordelete them. This worked for a bit, until I closed Skyrim to the desktop and then came back to it. I found loading some of my saves where I had markfordelete-d some things and then saved once I saw they were gone, they were now magically back. Not so bad for things like old weapon racks still on the walls - a bit annoying when it's a wall that cuts off the new house sections. So it's a SORT OF workaround, but not a few good one - I imagine it would be impossible for families/companions to use it correctly.

I've included a couple screenshots of what exactly has happened. In the Modded halves of the pictures, you can see that the rooms have changed, but some elements still remain - namely the stairs and the wall to their left - these are meant to be gone in the new mod, as a new stairwell has been included just on the other side of that wall. As I've said, I can manually markfordelete it, but it just keeps coming back after I've quit to desktop and started the game back up later on.

post-267501-0-92241100-1407756250_thumb.jpgpost-267501-0-10278400-1407756259_thumb.jpg

Uhmm, the first thing I'd worry about is why the load order LOOT gives you doesn't start the game.

USE TES5Edit against the load order LOOT gives you, it will highlight any missing dependencies and load order discrepancies.

BOSS is not getting updated anymore, and cannot give you a working load order.

If you have uninstalled a mod that  changes player homes, chances are traces of it are still embedded in your saves.

Use SaveCleaner from Nexus, using the options "Fix all #->s" and "Fix Script Instances", then save with a backup.

I'll have to give TES5Edit a shot with the LOOT order - I don't think it's missing dependencies, but maybe the change in order of masters?

I've also just had a thought of another mod that could be conflicting, which is ELFX and ELE, which are required for my ENB. I know they touch on all of the lighting of the game, so I wonder if they're messing with the cells in general? I'll have to deactivate them and give it a shot.

Small update. I tried to turn off ELE and ELFX - the save game wasn't having any of that. So I can't check whether that's a problem or not. I did, however, download an overhaul for Breezehome and with the exception of a few errant plates on the floor, the overhaul worked just fine! So I don't know what's going on. I think I will have to give up on an improved Proudspire Manor for this playthrough.

Archived