Deadly Reflex is giving me a headache

I'm at my wit's end here. I've done everything when it comes to installing Deadly Reflex, looking up multiple guides on how to install it, and NOTHING works. Every time, clicking "new game" has no effect, making me stuck in the main menu, or loading a game crashes it.

v5 used to work for me, but now it's having the same issues, as well. No idea why, as it is the EXACT SAME install method I used last time.

I manually drop them into my Data folder, along with all the requirements. And, before you suggest it, no, I'm not going to try a mod manager. I've seen this mod work perfectly without one.

I've brought this up multiple times on the Nexus, and searched it over, and over, and over again, to get no answer.

First off,just about a month ago went back to oblivion so Im still pretty new about mods.

I downloaded DR6 beta and followed the instructions.Just like you the game wont even start.I deleted the DR6-Nifse patch and the game starts but lags alot and crashes everytime I use the throw button.

So I decided to find help and found and helpful thread.

1.Downgrade Nifse to v1.0b(apparently the mod was created using this version)

2.Use OBMM NOT TO INSTALL THE MOD but to change the load order of combat.esp to last

I followed this instructions and don"t give a f*** about the rest and the game loaded with a more stable fps and it rarely crashes(it still does from time to time dont know why)

So inspite all of the bull**** of patches and just downright crappy unfinished mod,I advise you not to use it and download combat mods individually such as the ability to bash mod(MY OPINION MATTERS RIGHT)

Hope this fixes it and u dont regret the crappy 1st person animations,lots of bugs and trash files that crashes the game.

Don't see why it would corrupt OBSE as it didn't a couple months ago.

Won't. Just not going to, if I can manually put them in my folder, and enable them using the "Data Files" function that Bethesda gives you, what's the use of installing a new program? Last time I tried OBMM it didn't work, anyway.

How do you sort your mods (ESM/ESP) ? No OBMM no WryeBash . The Bethesda OblivionLauncher does not sort (only first esm then esp in alphabetical order )

Why there a programs like BOSS (Better Oblivion sorting System ) or LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool)

With wrong load order Mods do not work or CTD at game start.

You flat out MUST use a third party mod organizer.  Your other choice is to delete your mods and play vanilla.  The games tools don't allow you to sort anything, they just enable plugins.  That won't work worth a shit for most plugins....especially ones that are load order sensitive (which is most of them).

One thing that many folks forget to do is to delete your oblivion.ini file and then start the game to generate a new one.  Making major changes to your game can often corrupt the oblivion.ini file and then you have all sorts of issues.

Cheers,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

It was only DR that has the problems, not all of Oblivion. Just used Wrye Bash and it worked.

That's exactly what the mod manager is for. Pretty much any mod works fine if you don't have any other mod interfering.

I presume you didn't want to use any mod manager because you don't want anything else corrupting your system, which I totally can understand, but when there are dozens~hundreds of mods that are supposed to get along with each other, it becomes a whole different story. The default Oblivion launcher wasn't made to intervene in the mod conflicts.

Archived