[WIP] World of Warcraft - Weapons Import

Currently' date=' I'm hunting down the tool that will allow me to export the files that make up the WoW dungeons and landscape. I've found tools that either don't work, or have no instruction at all and no GUI.

[/quote']

have you tried this out?

http://code.google.com/p/wowmodelviewer/downloads/detail?name=WMV_Installer_v0703_Win32.msi&can=2&q=

I've been using it. WMV likes to crash A LOT when I even try to look at the WMOs.

I went back to clean up the Greatsword of the Ebon Blade and Apolyon, the Soul-Render. Both now also glows where they did in WoW. Apolyon doesn't have the fellfire particle effects yet, and no blood set up yet.

2012-03-02_00004.jpg

2012-03-02_00005.jpg

2012-03-02_00006.jpg

I still have clean up Rimefang's Claw and Muramasa. Once I do I will be working on Shadowmourne, then Zin'rhok, and the Grandmarshal's Claymore. If the original requesters no-longer want them, I'll be working on either fixing the shields I've done, or adding Hellfire Ramparts.

In regards to WoW dungeons vs. Skyrim dungeons: I think I will have to severely reduce the population density. The packs of mobs are just so close to each other. Alternatively I could make custom NPCs with lower awareness of their surroundings.

That Apolyon...my god!

These are the best rips for WoW I've seen, since they aren't flourescent colors, in a funky language, or given absurd stats/enchants. I also love how you're picking up the stylish models instead of recoloring twenty thousand different variants of frostmourne too! Spectacular work; I'll be looking for updates every chance I have!

If I may offer a suggestion/beg for a request, could you rip any of the following?

"Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps", Raid-Finder variant (blue)

"Citadel Enforcer's Claymore" from Icecrown Citadel

"Kalimdor's Revenge" From Ahn'Qiraj 40

"Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter" from Icecrown Citadel

"Devastation" from Tempest Keep; The Eye

Thanks.

And for a look at a night.

2012-03-03_00001.jpg

2012-03-03_00003.jpg

ETA: In regards to weapon enchants. I will eventually creating custom enchants and modifying the weapons to bring them in-line with their WoW counterparts. That way they aren't just generic weapons, but have flavor beyond the models.

Thanks.

Sometime tomorrow or the day after I will be releasing the weapons I've got 90% done.

Hopefully I will be done with Grand Marshal's Claymore and Zin'rhok by then.

After that I will stop work on weapons and work on either monsters or dungeons.

That's right I am going to be adding WoW monsters. I hope.

As for dungeons, I don't want to recreate WoW dungeons, I want to straight import them, eventually adding entire zones. Starting with Outland. I figure the massive difference in the scenery would make more sense if you travel through a portal.

Thanks.

Sometime tomorrow or the day after I will be releasing the weapons I've got 90% done.

Hopefully I will be done with Grand Marshal's Claymore and Zin'rhok by then.

After that I will stop work on weapons and work on either monsters or dungeons.

That's right I am going to be adding WoW monsters. I hope.

As for dungeons' date=' I don't want to recreate WoW dungeons, I want to straight import them, eventually adding entire zones. Starting with Outland. I figure the massive difference in the scenery would make more sense if you travel through a portal.

[/quote']

IF possible, that sounds amazing. The time that would require would be....well, I can't even imagine.

But that sounds incredible. I wish you luck!

Zin'Rohk, Destroyer of Worlds is done. There is a persistent problem with Vanilla models in which the faces catch too much light. I blame the coarseness of the mesh on that.

2012-03-04_00020.jpg

2012-03-04_00021.jpg

Haha fair enough.

I can't imagine that would be an easy task, porting an entire location. I just had a funny thought, sometimes ported models have lightning issues...Just with a weapon model...What will happen when you try to port an entire location?

Ok, the sheer number of meshes in Hellfire Ramparts means OMFG just adding the dungeon itself will take a long time. I;m also missing parts of it.

And I still want to get some armor done. Since I play primarily male characters, I feel shabby compared to my followers that are decked out into epic finery, also there are some epic pauldrons I want.

And I want to ride about on a kodo and a garishly colored hawkstrider.

And I think someone, probably me, needs to make a guide to ripping wow models. The thing is, there are too many weapons to rip all the ones everyone wants. According to WoWhead, there are 1,856 epic weapons.

Ok' date=' the sheer number of meshes in Hellfire Ramparts means OMFG just adding the dungeon itself will take a long time. I;m also missing parts of it.

And I still want to get some armor done. Since I play primarily male characters, I feel shabby compared to my followers that are decked out into epic finery, also there are some epic pauldrons I want.

And I want to ride about on a kodo and a garishly colored hawkstrider.

And I think someone, probably me, needs to make a guide to ripping wow models. The thing is, there are too many weapons to rip all the ones everyone wants. According to WoWhead, there are 1,856 epic weapons.

[/quote']

Edit: and that armor above looks SICK.

Yeah, if you were not the only one currently attempting a mass conversion, it could probably be done. BUT, there is a point when you have to ask yourself "Is it worth portign all this over from WoW, when you can just go play WoW?"

I mean weapons and armor are great, but if you had the area, armor, weapons, etc...it would just be a single player WoW game, in the skyrim engine lol.