wow Aela as an elf, where there is this.

it's not a mod

it's a copy paste of that head

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33560-adenzs-follower/

on aela head, that i find with

http://www.skyrimsearch.com/actors.php?a=0&d=0&CID=ysolda

Is this something easy to do?  I am not talking about CK easy but dropping and replacing a single file easy.  There are some NPC heads I would really like to change to something else I found in a custom follower mod.

it's just copy paste

open the new head with nifscope

open the vanilla head with nifscope

copy paste nitrishapedata from new to vanilla

for the hair you need the texture path too, so 2 copy paste, or copy paste the nitrishape then rename with vanilla name

wow Aela as an elf, where there is this.

it's not a mod

it's a copy paste of that head

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33560-adenzs-follower/

on aela head, that i find with

http://www.skyrimsearch.com/actors.php?a=0&d=0&CID=ysolda

Is this something easy to do?  I am not talking about CK easy but dropping and replacing a single file easy.  There are some NPC heads I would really like to change to something else I found in a custom follower mod.

for many modding is a simple thing, for me it is a huge problem constitute.

I have absolutely no knowledge of english, I do not speak a word and modding is English now required once.

it's just copy paste

for the hair you need the texture path too, so 2 copy paste, or copy paste the nitrishape then rename with vanilla name

I'm doing all this without a modding program, usually it does not work, as I said no modding experience.

here are a few of my changes.

Drow races for CHSBHC

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3318335570662475603/144DF753A769B73EB091360B6EDE599942FD326F/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318335570662482640/6A7E583942348E5C2EE1D58318A8D18A853E372A/

Moonshadow Elves

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3318335570547764997/28C17677E8BCA59C53508998FC47B3678E2591D9/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318335570547729724/4864C7431077812CB31B8EB98CB63E48910640C6/

So......

Without standalone: people complain about the followers not look as good as the author's and call it scam,fake, half-ass mod and "they should've made it better !"

With standalone: they complain about extra few mb for the follower, complain about standalone content, about how the body not match their game, the extra texture vram load.. complain about this, complain about that, complain about everything, people sure love complaining...

Well, I should quit modding...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Collectively, the modding community sucks.

However, if one thing is true in the world, it's that one can't please everyone and shouldn't try to do so. That's unhealthy. 

Just keep doing what you do and remember to have fun!

it's just copy paste

You might have to explain the steps in even more simpler terms because I am still not getting it :blink:  

Step 1. Open a facegen nif found in a custom follower mod in Nifskope.  There is a ton of stuff under nitrishapedata I have no idea what they do.  Also, what about all the other stuff outside nitrishapedata?

Step 2. Can't copy and paste because there is no EDIT header in Nifskope and I don't know where the functions are. 

Maybe this is too much.  I was hoping to just drop and replace the facegen nif file.  :(

Note: only experience of using Nifskope is how to open and close the program.

I don't want to make it seem like I don't appreciate the modders and their effort. I respect it greatly, and I've made followers myself (not good enough to be worth uploading, but still.) Making a follower standalone if they need a custom race is pretty much unavoidable. But when you have a follower mod that just uses a base race, like the Nord race, why do so many modders believe including meshes and textures is important?

I've seen different head meshes and I recognize that they can really make characters look different, but I'm not sure I buy the different bodies part of this. I don't know about anyone else, but the first thing I do when I get a standalone follower mod is replace all of the body meshes and textures with my own because I only like my own and I like everything customized to my specifications.

So......

Without standalone: people complain about the followers not look as good as the author's and call it scam,fake, half-ass mod and "they should've made it better !"

With standalone: they complain about extra few mb for the follower, complain about standalone content, about how the body not match their game, the extra texture vram load.. complain about this, complain about that, complain about everything, people sure love complaining...

The problem is, no one is satisfied, that would be so, the nose is too big, the ass is too small, and so on.

but there are also many people who are grateful for the hard work. you should not lose on modding the joy because of a few stupid heads.

just ignore these discontented people.

That's just the thing. How is making five different versions with different bodies an efficient way of making follower mods? Whenever a new body mod comes out, users will just request the modder to do all that work for them.

Is it too hard to, if people want more unique followers, make an optional/alternate .esp that makes the character standalone and then let the user use whatever meshes and textures they want in that case? Is the average user too lazy to move a couple of textures and meshes? It takes time to learn to make your own customized mods like this, but it's really not hard and you end up with a much better modded game (for yourself, at least) because you can make the game how you want it rather than how a mod compilation designer wanted it.

So I guess what this comes down to is... Why does it seem like the status quo is to try to do all of these things for the user rather than teaching the user how to do these things independently? Wouldn't we get a better modding community that way, if mod users were less distinct from the mod makers? We're not in a business here. What reason do we have to focus on serving everyone's request rather than teaching them to do it themselves?  

So......

I wouldn't read too much into it honestly, just keep doing what you do.

Your work is appreciated regardless of what some might say.

Standalones stop our games from becoming mud societies. They ensure that we have more realistic variances in npc type. (At least I think that is what I am seeing. I barely played this game yet so...) I just modded in Japanese voices for my elves polish for my kats and I have more plans for other races for similar reasons. The more variety the better imho.

And another reason. I have 150 mods and running stable (I think)  after uber time sunk getting here. People like me who are trash at modding appreciate the extra effort given to allow us to point click add some other mod setup that we didn't figure out how to make work ourselves yet. I can barely stand to keep unp and company mods under tight control as it stands. Nevertheless lots of followers just plain look better in cbbe or w/e its proper label is.  Much better.

Just wanted to give my love for all the people who might find that situation stressful. I understand his not understanding it, but for myself, I appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

Oh god, I have a ton of follower mods. I love to have a legion of brainless fuck dolls following my every step. But I never really suffered a serious FPS drop or game performance issue due to them. My rig is mid-tier by today's standards. The biggest performance hit comes from the clusterfuck of  graphics and enb mods I'm running together.

What sucks about follower mods is that most of the time they're just a mannequin that has no reason to be in the game other than to "test" your loverslab on. Even vanilla Lydia had snarky dialogue lines. I have great regard for mod authors who  give them a bit of personality, a subquest, or a custom voice, such as Sophie, Arissa, Selene, Vilja and Cerwiden.

Oh god, I have a ton of follower mods. I love to have a legion of brainless fuck dolls following my every step. But I never really suffered a serious FPS drop or game performance issue due to them. My rig is mid-tier by today's standards. The biggest performance hit comes from the clusterfuck of  graphics and enb mods I'm running together.

What sucks about follower mods is that most of the time they're just a mannequin that has no reason to be in the game other than to "test" your loverslab on. Even vanilla Lydia had snarky dialogue lines. I have great regard for mod authors who  give them a bit of personality, a subquest, or a custom voice, such as Sophie, Arissa, Selene, Vilja and Cerwiden.

give the companion with the one vote, is all well and good, but totally superfluous for me. because this voice is only available in the English language!

I use the German version of skyrim, it made ​​for some companion (Vilja) a German translation, but not her voice.

I have no desire ever to read the subtitles, I want to hear and above all understand what she says. :)  :P