Looking for a bit of help

Normally I just lurk for sexout but recently I decided to start making my own mods for new vegas, hopefully someone out there can help me I've been searching high and low for the solution to my problem

So I have no idea where to put this and I'm running out of ideas, I've recently taken up making my own mod, after biting off a bit more than I could chew I resolved to go a bit smaller and start with a helmet, so I followed the tutorial here:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Fallout._Part_1

Everything went fine and dandy, showed up in belnder, showed up in 3dsmax showed up in GECK,despite the fact the tutorial mentions a field called "tspace flag" but nifskope doesn't have it or the build I have doesn't which is odd because it's the exact build the tut says to use

however when I got it in game, this happened:

i.imgur.com/lUqmqyt.jpg

so going back to the drawing board I tried again, but ended up with this

fzXvYfh.jpg

Anyone with modding experience that could tell me exactly what is going on? or what Im doing wrong? I'm at wits end, if I can't get this to work how will I get THIS to work?

OKklZWc.png

Can't tell you a damned thing about it.  However, your first imgur link only has the hyperlink as text.  No pic.

ok fixed it

1EBDgXm.jpg

I have no idea why this is like this and when I do what the tutorial says and paste over a existing object I get nothing in game

Yes I would try to export with the Shadow Map flagged. If it still doesn't work, if you want you could post your nif so I could take a look tomorrow - or PM me with the file, as you wish

man I'll dump everything I have if you want to take a look, the textures are placeholder, the original textures are in gramscale because how UCGO handled the color presets

just tested still wonky

https://mega.co.nz/#!X8QBETzC!1brtKZf2RAa-8qvMrWlBXY6VCL1zUJ8AIIhSLhb--pE

^nif

https://mega.co.nz/#!zoo0lDpa!brxNsdP7rVNGw_5tr3-sk4p1lwQ6t5gFT21G3zacUhk

^ V project  itself

Try this one, it should work. Anyway it's just a proof to see what was the problem, you should make your own modifies and remove clipping etc. I suggest you to look for tutorials about weighting, these are not the easiest things to do when you start modding in my opinion

Oh and, by the way, if you can't see it properly on GECK, 99% you won't see it properly in game, there's something in your mesh

GMExp2.nif

the problem is it's not weighted, doing some tweaks now

what do you mena not weighted? I weighted it in blender like the tutorial said and copied the T51b's weights?

You're a goddamned godsend you know that? I'll be able to get back in action and hopefully eventually push out full armors and the weapons

Also it was fine in geck, the viewer showed no problems no nothing till I equipped it, gonna take a look in game at it,

Also it was fine in geck, the viewer showed no problems no nothing till I equipped it, gonna take a look in game at it,

You should try to give to someone. Here Doc mitchell wearing your helmet.

Open both the files with nifskope, yours and mine, put the windows closer and compare the structure, you can easily see where the problem is.

When you are uncertain about the weight, open a similar vanilla asset and check the structure on nifskope, that's how I usually find errors when my things don't look good in game

post-165499-0-54666100-1406340865_thumb.jpg

You should try to give to someone. Here Doc mitchell wearing your helmet.

Open both the files with nifskope, yours and mine, put the windows closer and compare the structure, you can easily see where the problem is.

When you are uncertain about the weight, open a similar vanilla asset and check the structure on nifskope, that's how I usually find errors when my things don't look good in game

Primary thing I noticed is the helmet you did the parts are called niftristrips where mine is niftrishapes,another thing is Im missing BSdismemberskin on my helmet

other than that it seems similar unless there is something I should be looking at specifically

EDIT:

I see now, and I think I found something to help me as well, gonna give this a shot

Archived