[Question]how to change idle animation

Guest norskinator

Guest norskinator

So i just started using mod organizer instead of nexus and now whenever i try to change the idle animation, it dosen't work. i go to where the idle_mt is, where i have multiple folders with different idles. i change the one in animation\female to one i keep in animation\female\stationary, but when i launch the game, the animation haven't changed. anyone know why this is happening? Also, i tested with multiple idle's, so it's not that the files are the same.

TL;DR can't change idle animation, no idea why

data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female

the standing idle is mt_idle.hkx

when I changed mine to the sexy idle so I could see if hand/breast collisions were working, I renamed mt_idle.hkx and then renamed the sexy idle I wanted to use to mt_idle.hkx

restart or maybe just reload save (haven't had to do this in a while) and done.

For the record, all of my custom races used that idle just fine. Lunari, Ningheim, and Succubus race. Didn't have to copy animations to the custom race folders anywhere.

Guest norskinator

data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female

the standing idle is mt_idle.hkx

when I changed mine to the sexy idle so I could see if hand/breast collisions were working, I renamed mt_idle.hkx and then renamed the sexy idle I wanted to use to mt_idle.hkx

restart or maybe just reload save (haven't had to do this in a while) and done.

For the record, all of my custom races used that idle just fine. Lunari, Ningheim, and Succubus race. Didn't have to copy animations to the custom race folders anyw

Change mt_idle like always, still the same

if you have PCEA installed remember that it will redirect idle animations  

i don't have PCEA

I just tested this. I have Mod Organizer. I just created a "mod" that was simply a zip file with:

meshes\actors\character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx

Installed, activated(at the bottom of my load order), and I have sexy idle.

My GUESS would be that you might have something loading that overwrites the idles. This *should* be a simple matter of replacing that one file with the idle you want.

Guest norskinator

I just tested this. I have Mod Organizer. I just created a "mod" that was simply a zip file with:

meshes\actors\character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx

Installed, activated(at the bottom of my load order), and I have sexy idle.

My GUESS would be that you might have something loading that overwrites the idles. This *should* be a simple matter of replacing that one file with the idle you want.

made a "mod" like you said, still the same. i also checked and i have no mods that replaces the idle, was one of the first things i checked.

Might be a dumb question but I have to ask...

You're sure you did NOT include the "data" folder in the mod you made? (right click your mod, select info, far right of the resulting dialogue box is a "File Tree" tab.... check it to be sure)

In MO, on your profile screen, right pane, at the top, click on the Archives tab. Have you checked the box that say to let MO handle archives? I have mine checked to let MO handle archives. This should not be an issue, but .... it could be in some circumstances I think.

Guest norskinator

Might be a dumb question but I have to ask...

You're sure you did NOT include the "data" folder in the mod you made? (right click your mod, select info, far right of the resulting dialogue box is a "File Tree" tab.... check it to be sure)

In MO, on your profile screen, right pane, at the top, click on the Archives tab. Have you checked the box that say to let MO handle archives? I have mine checked to let MO handle archives. This should not be an issue, but .... it could be in some circumstances I think.

#1 fixed it, thx m8

Glad to help! :)

FYI, I have a mod I made that all it does is change the idle to the one where the character turns around. I don't like that one for the standard idle, but when you're trying to apply body tattoos it helps to actually be able to see her BACK once in a while :)

Glad to help! :)

FYI, I have a mod I made that all it does is change the idle to the one where the character turns around. I don't like that one for the standard idle, but when you're trying to apply body tattoos it helps to actually be able to see her BACK once in a while :)

RaceMenu now has a camera control where you can rotate the character and move the camera to see any part of the character except the bottom of their feet.

Now if it would just strip the character so you don't have to run it a second time to apply the tattoos.

Archived