Issue with upgrading from BU to Break Armor

Deekin

So, I'm trying to upgrade from BU Framework 2.0 to the current version of Break Armor.

After installing it, I then also install the two suggested other things (Break Armors for Vanilla Armors, and BU Armors Compilation).

I move everything where it's supposed to go, and then add the stuff from the compilation's BreakUndies.ini to my own.

Then I added the RunBatchScript line to the bottom of the Break_Armor.ini to have it use the BreakUndies.ini where applicable.

In-game, it works almost perfectly.

The vanilla armors break when they're supposed to (the ones that'd have the _ba# names).

The armors from the BU compilation all work fine.

However, the BU armors I had before upgrading all ceased to work.

Since having the Break_Armor.ini call the BreakUndies.ini didn't seem to work for them, I tried renaming them as in the instructions, following the _ba# naming scheme (leaving the first filename without the suffix of course). That doesn't seem to have worked either. Although I didn't take the time to also remove them from the BreakUndies.ini as doing so seemed pointless.

So basically, I dunno what to do to get my older BU armors to work with Break Armor. If I disable it and reenable the BU mod, they work again, so it's not like they're completely broken.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attached are my two aforementioned .ini files while below is my load order.

Load Order:

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
CM Partners.esm
Younger Hotter NPC's v1.0.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
Symphony of Violence.esp
MIS Low Wind.esp
MIS New Sounds Optional Part.esp
Atmospheric Oblivion.esp
Storms & Sound.esp
IWR-Lights.esp
IWR-Windows.esp
IWR-Shutters.esp
AliveWaters.esp
AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp
AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp
EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
1SB_RavenousEleganceOutfit.esp
aion_dfrb003.esp
aion_rose.esp
Black Heart.esp
BlessedMageKnightDress.esp
Blood Illusion and Arcania.esp
BSK Break Undies.esp
BWisteria.esp
Cardigan and One piece.esp
CB Dark Enchantress.esp
crusaderdress.esp
Cute Dirndl.esp
CuteHalloweenCostume.esp
daedric BU.esp
Daemon Queen Garb.esp
Dancing Shadow Rose Break Undies.esp
DawnWraith.esp
Dynasty.esp
Elwing.esp
EY_AoD.esp
FEZA Vesta Set.esp
ff13_fang.esp
geechan_hoovesS.esp
GhostArmor.esp
Gonzos Sinner Vixen Chest.esp
Hentai_CerenityArmor.esp
HentaiSeraphimArmour.esp
HentaiSchoolGirlCollection.esp
Hentai Raven Suit_BBB.esp
HepsCloth03-GentleAndMagician.esp
HepsCloth04-BlackKitty.esp
HGEC Latex Ninja Armor.esp
homura outfit HGEC.esp
HolyIce.esp
IvyArmor_Full.esp
KCS6.esp
Lady Flirt.esp
LegendaryWeapons&Armor_2ch.esp
LKF_EY_Vampirehunter.esp
lotusarmorv1.esp
Mage Leather Armor.esp
Mandorla.esp
MHSNKirin.esp
MH Harvest Melan Armors for BUv2.esp
MH Papimeru Armor for BUv2.esp
Miche_Elvaan_Underwear.esp
Midnight Gymnastics.esp
Neo-Aayla.esp
Onechanbara Aya's Bikini.esp
P3 Aigis Armor.esp
ShaiyaOutfit.esp
Aspirias Outfit.esp
Simple Knit.esp
Simple leather armor.esp
Sophitia_BKS.esp
SpicyFox_Witch.esp
SPB Maid Armor Set 2.esp
SG015_Leia.esp
SwordDancerRemodel.esp
Taki Armor BBB.esp
Western Armor.esp
Westwind_Rogue_HGEC.esp
Wonder Woman New Uniform.esp
WomanWarriorset.esp
WulfGlassArmor.esp
Vestment.esp
Velveteen_Armor_HGEC.esp
yangyang_frostbite.esp
yangyang_Magnificent.esp
YaarmIronBU.esp
zBUArmors.esp
CB Classy Dress.esp
Forbidden.esp
Gizmodian - Eclipse.esp
Hentai_Juliet_Uniform.esp
Mondsteins Gothic Lolita Outfit.esp
Sexy Ghost Armor.esp
Neo's Gantz.esp
Neo'sFelicia.esp
QueensarmoryPQ.esp
R18PN - Fiona Armor.esp
R18PN - Heilige Mutter Armor.esp
R18PN - Lingeries.esp
R18PN - Lingeries Plus.esp
R18PN - Mina Armor.esp
R18PN - Schatten lauf Amr.esp
TGND_Corsets_of_the_Rose.esp
Gloria Armor.esp
Nier Replicant- kaine outfit.esp
BraveKnightArmor.esp
HGEC Rogue Mage & Scoundrel.esp
RX78.esp
Draconic Lilith.esp
Francesco's Optional Files.esp
MolagBalTreasury.esp
Knights.esp
EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
Bag of Holding.esp
EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
LoversFSE.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversTachiCat2.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversCreature_SexualOrgans.esp
LoversBitch.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversStopCombatEx.esp
LoversSpermSplashEx.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversLight.esp
LoversHideMenus.esp
Tona Compilation.esp
BreakArmor.esp
HTBFLYCollection.esp
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
No psychic guards v1.2.esp
TRN One of the Gang.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
LoversOblivionXP.esp
CM Partners.esp
kaleen.esp
CuteElf11.esp
_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp
Capucine's Aquamer Race - exnem.esp
DemonRace.esp
Tabaxi Race 2.0.esp
Elves Of Lineage II.esp
AncientGuardianRobe.esp
JyllandGriaRace.esp
Viera-v3.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
tbskNagaRace.esp
DesuChan's Kawa-Khajiits.esp
X.Races.Comp.esp
xeoex.esp
Colourwheels Sexy Imperial Legion.esp
Specialanims.esp
zzEstrus.esp
Lockpicks money and repair hammer spells.esp
CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
CM Partners NPC.esp
CM Partners More NPCs.esp
CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
DAKaleahSuccubus.esp
EVE_KhajiitFix.esp
Replacer - Blackwood (mergeable).esp
Replacer - Dwarven (mergeable).esp
Francesco's day lenght rescale 1-24.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

ini.rar

Many of the 2.0 armors that you had previously installed contained the armor as well as the scripting to "break" that armor in the esp.  You need to fire up the construction set, add those armors to zBUarmors.esp and then either stick to the renamed scheme or add them to the zBU armors ini file.

Having multiple ini files with broken armor is going to cause problems and I'd advise strongly against it.

Delete that additional runBatchScript for BreakUndies.ini. Break Armor.esp already has a built-in for processing Break_Armor.ini, BreakUndies.ini, BreakUndies_Stock.ini.

You'll probably have to do some CS thing.

1. The mesh path of an armor should be set for female. No empty female path. This is important (if your goal is to undress your waifu, of course). Otherwise it will not work at all.

2. I'd recommend un-mastering BreakUndies.esm from BUv1.1 plugins. CS and Tes4Gecko should do the job. (Detach the object script from the armors in CS, and remove BreakUndies.esm from master list using Gecko)

Many of the 2.0 armors that you had previously installed contained the armor as well as the scripting to "break" that armor in the esp.  You need to fire up the construction set, add those armors to zBUarmors.esp and then either stick to the renamed scheme or add them to the zBU armors ini file.

Having multiple ini files with broken armor is going to cause problems and I'd advise strongly against it.

How would I go about doing that? I've never used the CS before. I've got it installed and all, but that's it.

Delete that additional runBatchScript for BreakUndies.ini. Break Armor.esp already has a built-in for processing Break_Armor.ini, BreakUndies.ini, BreakUndies_Stock.ini.

1. The mesh path of an armor should be set for female. No empty female path. This is important (if your goal is to undress your waifu, of course). Otherwise it will not work at all.

2. I'd recommend un-mastering BreakUndies.esm from BUv1.1 plugins. CS and Tes4Gecko should do the job. (Detach the object script from the armors in CS, and remove BreakUndies.esm from master list using Gecko)

Okay, I deleted that RunBatchScript. Would I really need to mess with the BreakUndies.esm? You'll notice I'm not loading it in the first place, and that not doing so isn't crashing my game.

I've got Gecko, but it refuses to start due to not being able to locate my Oblivion directory for some reason. So that's out for now.

But as I don't know how to use CS, I'm unsure of how to go about doing what your suggesting with it in the first place.

Okay, I deleted that RunBatchScript. Would I really need to mess with the BreakUndies.esm? You'll notice I'm not loading it in the first place, and that not doing so isn't crashing my game.

I've got Gecko, but it refuses to start due to not being able to locate my Oblivion directory for some reason. So that's out for now.

But as I don't know how to use CS, I'm unsure of how to go about doing what your suggesting with it in the first place.

No problem. You see, there are some very very old BU armors that were originaly written for Break Undies 1.1 version (They "explicitly" require BreakUndies.esm). If you don't have such thing, and don't plan to use such thing in the future, you can forget about this. :)

No problem. You see, there are some very very old BU armors that were originaly written for Break Undies 1.1 version (They "explicitly" require BreakUndies.esm). If you don't have such thing, and don't plan to use such thing in the future, you can forget about this. :)

So both of things you suggested were in regards to BU1.1 armors only?

No, you still better delete redundant runBatchScripts in you ini file. Break Armor has a built-in support.

;Check for Main ini file
    if FileExists "Data\ini\Break_Armor.ini"
        RunBatchScript "Data\ini\Break_Armor.ini"
        ;printC "BreakArmor: Data\ini\Break_Armor.ini Loaded."
    endif
    if FileExists "Data\ini\BreakUndies.ini"
        RunBatchScript "Data\ini\BreakUndies.ini" 0 1
        ;printC "BreakArmor: Data\ini\BreakUndies.ini Loaded."
    endif        
    if FileExists "Data\ini\BreakUndies_Stock.ini"
        RunBatchScript "Data\ini\BreakUndies_Stock.ini" 0 1
        ;printC "BreakArmor: Data\ini\BreakUndies_Stock.ini Loaded."
    endif
    ;print "BreakArmor Initialization Complete"

No, you still better delete redundant runBatchScripts in you ini file. Break Armor has a built-in support.

;Check for Main ini file
    if FileExists "Data\ini\Break_Armor.ini"
        RunBatchScript "Data\ini\Break_Armor.ini"
        ;printC "BreakArmor: Data\ini\Break_Armor.ini Loaded."
    endif
    if FileExists "Data\ini\BreakUndies.ini"
        RunBatchScript "Data\ini\BreakUndies.ini" 0 1
        ;printC "BreakArmor: Data\ini\BreakUndies.ini Loaded."
    endif        
    if FileExists "Data\ini\BreakUndies_Stock.ini"
        RunBatchScript "Data\ini\BreakUndies_Stock.ini" 0 1
        ;printC "BreakArmor: Data\ini\BreakUndies_Stock.ini Loaded."
    endif
    ;print "BreakArmor Initialization Complete"

I did do that. By both things, I meant the two numbered things (mesh set as female, and remove BreakUndies from masterlist) you listed.

I did do that. By both things, I meant the two numbered things (mesh set as female, and remove BreakUndies from masterlist) you listed.

Oh yeah. Sorry for my confusion.

You must make sure that all the armors have female mesh path. It wasn't a problem in the past, so some older BU armors didn't bother setting female path, but it's a problem now. If you encounter a problem that BA doesn't work and you think everything else is alright, suspect this female mesh path issue.

Oh yeah. Sorry for my confusion.

You must make sure that all the armors have female mesh path. It wasn't a problem in the past, so some older BU armors didn't bother setting female path, but it's a problem now. If you encounter a problem that BA doesn't work and you think everything else is alright, suspect this female mesh path issue.

The thing is, I don't know how to do that. The only thing I've done with modding (outside of installing mods and setting the load order) is checking the FormID of an armor with TES4Edit, so I could make the correct entries in my BreakUndies.ini.

You can do as Fejeena stated, using CS or Tes4Edit or whatever. You'll find it actually quite easy once you try it.

If no female path is specified, Oblivion simply uses the male one for the female NPC's. The big problem in this is that OBSE functions won't report the replaced male path which it should. Instead it just returns an empty string.

Archived