Sexlab 1.58b causes TESV.exe process to hang before the window even shows...

Posted to continue this discussion: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v158b-updated-0701/?p=848656

So upon installing Sexlab 1.58b... I noticed... my Skyrim wouldn't start. TESV.exe sticks in Task Manager with around 50k-60k mem usage but never brings up the window.
Reverted back to 1.57, no issue, so I'm nearly 100% sure since I can reproduce the issue with reliability.

I also use Mod Organizer to keep my Skyrim install clean.

I have a hunch it has to do with the new SKSE plugin.. though this is just a hunch.
Reason being, I don't even get the main window showing up, not even showing the Bethesda logo. So it's possibly something loaded BEFORE the game starts proper... which made me think SKSE (I'm not a modder or even a coder, so correct me if my logic here is flawed).

To reiterate:

• I use Mod Organizer
  • I'm running SKSE through Mod Organizer.
  • I'm running SKSE 1.7.1 now, issues persist (problems started with 1.7)
  • The problem never occurred in 1.57. Everything worked as intended.

Unfortunately, this issue seems to happen before a proper debug log can even start to record. I'll attach some later if I simply overlooked it, however, but I doubt this.

I'll be following the steps provided here and inform of my progress.

WELL, TnT...

Look what I found in my skse logs. :P

SKSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.7.0 09200000 01CF9ACB1BFCCE28, os = 5.1 (2600))
imagebase = 00400000
runtime root = C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\
config path = C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
plugin directory = C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\DeviousDevices.dll
plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\DeviousDevices.dll (00000001 DDiUtil 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\FirstPersonPlugin.dll
plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\FirstPersonPlugin.dll (00000001 firstperson plugin 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\Fuz Ro D'oh.dll
plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\Fuz Ro D'oh.dll (00000001 Fuz Ro D'oh 06018195) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\JContainers.dll
plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\JContainers.dll (00000001 JContainers 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\MfgConsole.dll
plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\MfgConsole.dll (00000001 Mfg Console plugin 00000002) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SexLabUtil.dll
plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SexLabUtil.dll (00000001 SexLabUtil 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\StorageUtil.dll

There is quick way test:

Download the latest storage util from here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23713-papyrusutil/

And compare the size of the file from the one in sexlab if they are different maybe Ashal uploaded a corrupted file.

Opened up Papyrusutilv23.zip up and seems the files match up byte for byte. Going to try and run with the PapyrusUtil v23 instead of the old Sexlab 1.57 one. Will report if it runs.

There is quick way test:

Download the latest storage util from here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23713-papyrusutil/

And compare the size of the file from the one in sexlab if they are different maybe Ashal uploaded a corrupted file.

I just compared them, both the framework (1.58b) and the PapyrusUtils (2.3) contain a storageutil of 635.392 bytes.

But SOS (Schlongs) contains a version of 485.888 bytes, even the new 2.05.030 version. So be sure tyou're loading the correct version if you use SOS.

It's less an issue of save corruption for me. With 1.57, I had no save corruption, oddly enough. That issue seems to hint more that those people can actually start the game. This issue is more I can't even start the game with 1.58b whereas in 1.57, I could. Something changed in 1.58 that makes my TESV.exe hang while loading the new StorageUtil (figured such by reading the SKSE logs).

Apparently the game will boot when I use the old StorageUtil with the new Sexlab 1.58b. Will that cause issues (aside from the save corruption?). This is an issue even when I disable all mods save for SkyUI and Sexlab (SKSE 1.7 and FNIS 5.1 installed as well). TESV.exe still hangs

SKSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.7.0 09200000 01CF9B5BCA505428, os = 5.1 (2600))

imagebase = 00400000

runtime root = C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\

config path = C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini

plugin directory = C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\

checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\MfgConsole.dll

plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\MfgConsole.dll (00000001 Mfg Console plugin 00000002) loaded correctly

checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SexLabUtil.dll

plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SexLabUtil.dll (00000001 SexLabUtil 00000001) loaded correctly

checking plugin C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\StorageUtil.dll

This skse.log is after waiting five minutes for the main window to come up.

I'm not really sure what use me going through those redistributables is.. unless you plan to revert to the old v22 PapyrusUtil, but narrowing down the save corruption. Which sadly, I haven't had issues with.

I'm thinking my issue (with two others) is more an issue of fixing what's up with v23 Papyrus that's stopping the game from loading at all. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but it seems to make sense to me.

Fuck me, I didn't read. Sorry. Leaving the text up, though in case it's useful.

Apparently I have all the redistributables and it still won't load with 1.58b. You want me to revert back to 1.57 and try to help fix the save corruption issue, maybe? By uninstalling and reinstalling those one-by-one?

I can try, but I never experienced any save corruption.

Archived