Xbox 360 Controller Problem

aps16

Okay, so I own a wireless Xbox 360 controller which I use to play games on my PC. It was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly the right analog is not responding at all. I mean I can move it around all right, but in-game when I try to move camera left or right, it does not move at all. The up and down directions work fine but I the left-right ones have like super slow sensitivity. This happens with every game I have. Is my controller broken? Anyway to fix it?

No, I never had an xbox360. But this controller was working pretty good for the last 1 year or so, and all of a sudden I get this. Probably my right stick is damaged somehow. Is it possible to replace or repair it?

What driver are you using? Try installing ds3tool and xpadder.

If you can move it fine outside the game, then it's a problem with the ingame driver, so just install xpadder so you can bind whatever keys you want without setting the game to controller mode.

Just did all of those. Still the same :(

try reinstalling your drivers.... and If you have another pc try it on it, if it acts the same probably is physical.

It is stil the same after reinstalling the drivers.

What driver are you using? Try installing ds3tool and xpadder.

If you can move it fine outside the game, then it's a problem with the ingame driver, so just install xpadder so you can bind whatever keys you want without setting the game to controller mode.

Still acting in the same way outside of game (just used xpadder). Pretty sure now, it is physical.

Thanks for all the advice guys. One last question: Are the analog sticks repairable/replaceable?

You can't really repair the analog sticks (and I've been inside over a dozen of these controllers). You can clean them up, but that's about it. That will help sometimes, though.

The biggest pain is the stupid security screws that hold the controller together. I use a small straight screwdriver that I can slip in beside the pin and that works. A friend of mine busts the pins out so he can use an Allen wrench to remove them. More than one way to skin a cat, huh? :D

But the sticks' controls/bases are soldered to the circuit board inside the controller so removing/replacing is basically out of the question. The good news is that a corded controller is super cheap. Heck, I am using a Logitech (Sony layout copy) and using "x360ce" to emulate a 360 controller and it works great.

Yeah, I thought so too. I wouldn't have been able to pull it apart anyway, so yeah I get your point. Thanks for the all the help though.

I think I'm gonna go for a cheap wired one for now OR save for a few months and buy the new Xbox One controller. I hear they've released PC drivers for it. What do you guys make of that?

I for one would stick with the old known thing. Besides wearing out, I have had no problems with the wired controllers. And I've never been a fan of wireless things, but that could be a symptom of living in that past that I am so fond of.

Does make me wonder, though. What does the new controller look like?

I know that feeling. Happens to me a lot, not when it comes to controllers though. You see, I always have a lot of people at my place at all times, people moving about, infront of my computer screen, so wireless controllers become a necessity.

They made a few changes like moving the guide button to the top, a few design changes here and there but nothing too drastic imo. I think it looks pretty good but I still prefer the 360 one I think.

Archived