Extracting dialogues from esp

Guest tomm434

Guest tomm434

I need to extract dialogues with responses from esp in one txt file(so a person unerstands dialogue tree). GECK can only extract player prompts and NPC responses separately.

Is there a script which will help me or I'll have to send my esp file to person and she should open it in GECK?

Not sure what is called for fallout but for oblivion or skyrim there tesEdit can do this maybe there is a tool like that too for fallout ?? Did you try FNVEdit ??

Not too sure though but i think Wrey bash or for fallout wrey Flash can also do this extract dialog tree from esp / esm.

Guest tomm434

I coudn't find a script like that there. I also checked additional scripts which are avaiable on nexus and didn't find anything.

Guest tomm434

Did you try FNVEdit ??

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34703/?

or wrey flash:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35003/?

Other then these 2 it will then be best to just send the esp to the user and let him or her open it geck it will be quicker i think. And less problem on your end.

sorry I mean that I coudn't find scripts for FNVEdit. I'll check Wrye bash though, thanks.

Any idea where that file is saved?  :blush:   I tried running it on a mod of mine, but I can't find the csv.  I was afraid to change any parameter in the script related to file name on the chance that I'd ruin everything.

You're either psychic or have had that same problem before.  I have the voice type specified in a condition for some top-level lines, but not the children dialogue.  Two of them are supposed to be applicable to any actor in the game (not a SO mod).

Guest tomm434

Oh, I can't believe I missed it! Thanks you jaam

But I still have no ideas where file is located. FNV edit didn't propose to  create new file and I can't find any new file in fallout folder.

Guest tomm434

Thanks, it works. And it's not bad. I think I'll find a way to separate Prompt from NPC responce by editing script, thanks.

Archived