Animation scale changing

Dizzyjay

I would like to know if there is a way to stop my character body part scales, all returning to the default scale while playing and after the animations.

Because I used a custom slightly adjusted skeleton, so it really bugs me a lot, now I know that if its not the default scale the character would miss align, but that doesn't bug me, as everytime some animation happens I gotta restart the game to reload the skeleton.

I have found that after editing the animation files if I change all the "Transforminterpolator" Node's Scale value from 1.0000 to <float_min>. 

It stops it from reseting to default scale, but HOLY cow one files there is already enough editing, but then you look at all the animation files.

So I would like to know if there is a easier way to do this?

If not and I gotta do all this editing, I have done some with an keyboard and mouse repeat action software. But even with that its about 20 second one animation. Maybe there is a way to make a ingame skeleton loader? just a thought.

Anyways thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.

If your character's scale is != 1 in game, SO Character Resize will set you to 1 for the animation and then reset you back to whatever you were before afterwards.  I understand nothing at all about the rest of what you're saying due to a lack of knowledge.

Well not the character size as a whole, I am talking about the scale of the character's parts like arms and pelvis, that is edited through the skeleton.nif.

But thanks Nyaalich I ll try it in game see if it helps out.

Edit: after testing it, it just changed the character size as a whole. And it does not reset the body parts like upper arm, pelvis, spine1-3...... etc. to the previous state.

Yeah.  Sorry.  I didn't think that it would do what you needed it to do.  I know that they're working on resizable *stuff*, but I don't know the progress...and regardless, I don't think it would help you with upper arm, etc.

Sorry.   :-/

Its alright, I been having this issue for atleast 1 year, the same thing happens to the pose mods. Whenever I use a pose all the proportions changes back to the default scale 1 value. So I looked into the idle animation files. And found out that If I change all "Transforminterpolator" Node's Scale value from 1.0000 to <float_min>, the animation plays and keeps all the proportions at the same value I left them.

I love the sexout mod, but editing all the animation files is gonna take a few days to edit, normally I would do just the few animations that a mod uses, but at the moment time is really lacking for me. 

And thanks again.

I'm no expert and it sounds like you know more about animation/skeleton stuff than I do, but my gut instinct tells me resizing proportions of arms, pelvis, legs etc is pretty much a guaranteed way to make a character unusably misaligned with anyone's animations interacting with other characters. we have enough issues now with 2 different animators using 2 different scaled male bodies.

I know that resizing parts are gonna cause such problems, but I would be fine with it, since my skeleton is adjusted slightly on some parts. The misalignment would be small.

But if no way to stop it from reseting the skeleton, I don't know if there is a way to tell the game to reload the skeleton file.

Thanks Halstrom its alright. :)

Fix whats important. 

Edit:

I would be glad if the "breast" node scale doesn't reset. that way I would even go back changing all other values in the skeleton to default.

The only problem is that I can't find which one is the breast node, since they are all called Transforminterpolator.

If the breast node scale doesn't reset, I can set my character breast size, with out switching entirely to another body type.

One more thing forgot to mention, in skyrim I did the same thing and it does not reset the skeleton. I know this doens't help much since its using a different engine. But just throwing that out there.

Not sure if anyone can even help you. Sexout makes of certain animation skeleton if you use your own custom skeleton animation then stuff will bug out. Best you can do is examine the reset animation from sexout and import it in blender with the custom skeleton your using then export that same animation again then replace sexout reset.kf with whatever you just exported with.

Now when sexout plays the animation the reset will now make it back with what ever skeleton your using. Not sure if this will work though.

I don't know this part but you mention scale bone ?? no Astyma skeleton has scale bones, So all animation where made with totally different bone structure your currently using. So this will probably be major pain to fix for you.

D_ManXX2 I know how to fix it (but your method might work I ll see) , just that it would take days or weeks. Just for the animation to keep the same scale the skeleton has. Just wanted to see if there is a alternative way to bypass this issue. Cause truthfully this is gonna be a pain in the dick to edit all those.

This all started when those pose mods were rolling out (even happened to some of the weapon animations, but I just deleted those specific ones, some default animations weren't that bad), all the scales where 1.000 so when ever I played a pose the body parts all resets to default. 

But when i changed it to <float_min> instead of 1.000 everything stayed the way they where without resetting to default scales.

(Just so you guys know all those pose I had hundreds of them, I probably changed around 50 of them so I can use them to at least take screenshots. I know I am crazy ._.)

Which is why I got a keyboard and mouse repeat software to help out, I just do all the action for one file, then just press one button to repeat it all again to another file.

I tried to make it do one in 5 seconds a file, but the software went clicking everywhere LOL!!!

Thanks guys for all your support thus far. 

I didn't think anyone would even care much.

Archived