Hanging actors on demand (morbid proof of concept/modders resource!)

Princessity

So I saw this thingy on nexus (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54860/?) and it turns out there are things that can be done with ingame physics and papyrus I had nooooo idea about!

Soooo I fixed that by trying to figure it out! And this little file is the result of my testing!

NooseTest.7z

What it does is add a lesser power to the game that will hang the player on a short rope when cast. The spell has two modes:

• If you cast it while standing it will put your character into "false ragdoll", it looks awful and doesn't actually look like ragdoll at all in a million years BUT it fools the game enough to attach the rope to player's neck and do weird physics to you if you try to move, the spell will end after 30 seconds
  • If you cast the spell while sneaking it will kill your character buuuuuut the ragdoll will look way better this way, the spell will not end and you will have to reload the game (obviously!)

The 2 modes are there so you can compare how the two approaches work.

To get the spell you need to use the console to find and add "noose pineapples" (that's the name of the spell!)

I noticed the thingy works better in interior cells instead of outside. I don't know why but doing it in an exterior causes the rope to be stiff and tilted at a weird angle and it's not supposed to be. For the best effect use the spell in an interior cell!

post-34019-0-98835600-1402733184_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-48961500-1402733236_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-61506400-1402733246_thumb.png

HUGE WARNING IN BOLD RED LETTERS!

This is a modder's resource! It isn't supposed to be used in a normal game and if you try that it will make a cute baby panda very sad and it will grow up to resent you! Please don't save your game with this plugin active, think of the pandas! <3

I don't know what it could be used for and I'm personally not planning anything involving it but if any modder would like to implement it in the game I hope this proof of concept will help! ^^

That is freaking awesome.  I have to find some way to incorporate that into a mod.  The original tutorial at the nexus that you linked to is plagiarized though.  The original Nexus Forums thread is linked in the comments on that tutorial.

VERY nice job taking it a step further though. :D

Hihihi actually I have realistic ragdolls and I didn't even remember that! XD

I don't think it's very different from vanilla in this case because this is just actor idly dangling by the "NPC Neck [Neck]" bone, the character swings back and forth a little after dying but eventually stops.

Ooooh speaking of! I think the script could be modified to attach the rope to an arm or leg or any other bone in the actor's skeleton. I haven't tested it but the way the addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint is described makes me think it should be possible. I think it could have potential!

• 3 months later...

I kind of wondered why the player, if stacked up a big enough bounty, shouldn't suffer the risk to be hanged or beheaded.

Perhaps as mod-mod to Prison Overhaul mod.

I haven't been able to get this working, whenever I type in the add spell it does nothing. Can you help?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just some idea and some suggestions.

Can we have the complete noose around the neck?

How about got the script or options to hang on left, right, back & front of the player's neck?

How about an option on the noose color?

Set height of the rope noose.

And had the options to tie the player's both hands back?

• 3 months later...

I tweaked the script a bit. Now it only has one mode -- the player is paralyzed and jerked into the air by the noose, and they die after 30 seconds of swinging.

There's a very nice gallows mesh out there. It can't be THAT hard to combine them into a mod, right? I'm fiddling with it myself, but it would be cool if someone experienced worked on this.

Next thing it needs is some thrashing, kicking, and twitching. After that, I think the activator is ready to be put into a mod with dialogue and plot and whatnot.

NooseTest2.7z

Guest Long John

@markdf - Sending a signal to a private needs mod or similar would be a good idea (for it to force it to trigger the normal features - which the player would normally trigger).

EDIT: Urinate and pass faescaes - as a result of the hanging.

Archived