DMC 4 Gladius not working properly

Sometime yesterday, I attempted to install a mod known as 'DMC 4 Gladius.' However, post-installation and after some testing, I can verify the mod does not work on my end. The result is that the mod would add two icon-less weapons into my characters inventory upon after loading up a save, each weapon respectively known as 'Gladius-I and Gladius-II.'

When equipping either of them, they do not show up on my character in the inventory menu, exiting said menu shows my character holding a large yellow diamond with a exclamation point in the center, and a cylindrical grey object somewhere below the 'diamond.' Dropping the aforementioned weapon(s) produces the same results. I tried installing the mod 3 times, 1st was with OBMM, 2nd and 3rd for troubleshooting was just through the manual process of dragging the necessary folders to their appropriate directories, all attempts have been fruitless.

Does anyone have an answer for this? Is it a confliction with my other mods, Am I missing something, or is it the mod is just bugged out?

Please respond as soon as possible, thank you in advance.

-Arcturus Fyr

Here is the file;DMC Gladius OB.7z

I'm using the 'Steam' version of 'Oblivion v1.2.0416'

I'm using these utilitie's;

-OBSE 0021 Beta 3

-Fast Exit 2

-MenuQue v16

-OSR_4-1-37

-Elys Uncapper v0.96

Here's my load order;

Oblivion.esm
CM Partners.esm
Knights - Revelation.esm
xeosp++.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
2680twohand.esp
FOV Modifier.esp
My Voice Extender.esp
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp
aiondragonweapons.esp
Aion Polaris Staff.esp
BlackLuster.esp
DragonKnightArmor0.9.esp
Sauron_Armor_Chest.esp
tda_PHModv1.2.esp
Umaril's Armor.esp
Unlimited Wear.esp
XSPipeMod.esp
AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set.esp
AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set.esp
Sin_nightmare.esp
ExnemRuneskulls.esp
Romuska Fantasy Store.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Revelation.esp
KORE- Blood Drinker Umbra.esp
HentaiMania2.esp
HentaiMania2_Merged_Nightmare.esp
Rush Attack System.esp
SSS.esp
Active_Inventory_Spell_1.2.esp
MidasSpells.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
DMC Stylish - Specialanims.esp
CM Partners.esp
IDKRRR_C_race.esp
CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
CM Partners NPC.esp
CM Partners More NPCs.esp
CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
CM Pym.esp
Ramy Enfant.esp
KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
HM2SummonCompatible.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp

Here's a basic overview of my system.

-Asus G50JS-DS71
-Win 8.1 OS-64bits
-x2 7200rpm SATAIII 1-Terabyte 6mb cache HDD
-x1 7200rpm SATAIII 500gb 6mb optical tray HDD
-Twin Fan Cooling system w/copper cooling upgrade
-Intel i7 4700HQ 2.4-3.4ghz w/turboboost
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 870m w/3gb gddr5 ram dedicated (driver version 337.88 WHQL)
-Intel HD Graphics 4600
-16gb (Stock) Dual-Channel ddr3 1600mhz ram

Check to make sure meshes are in the correct folder or are not missing. Invisible/large yellow diamond with a exclamation point in the center means missing meshes. Also make sure the texture paths are correct. Easy way to find out is to take the mod and unzip it into a folder on your desktop then load up the nifs into nifskope then click render -settings then follow the folder path to where you have it at. If the mod has a data folder click it when you are following the paths and when you get to the data folder and click ok it should render. If it doesn't render then you need to click the item that isn't rendering and check the folder paths by clicking the texture path under the item you clicked and check it against the folder path set up for the mod if anything is incorrect it will need to be changed.

*Edit

It might also be set up incorrectly in the .esp I just took a look and everything seems fine with the texture paths I loaded the meshes into my own .esp and then added the meshes to my chest to have a look and there was no problem so it could also be something set up incorrectly in the .esp. Load the .esp up into cs (Creation Set) select the folder at the top and select only the .esp for the DMC mod. Set it to active and load it up it might take a little while for it to load. Then click weapon and scroll through the list for the DMC weapons double click the weapon and look at what is set up for each one One hand needs bladesonehanded selected look at the nif for it and make sure it is the onehanded one. After fixing anything if there was anything wrong make sure to click the save so it will overwrite the .esp.

post-25667-0-62403500-1402156779_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-63027700-1402156783_thumb.jpg

Check to make sure meshes are in the correct folder or are not missing. Invisible/large yellow diamond with a exclamation point in the center means missing meshes. Also make sure the texture paths are correct. Easy way to find out is to take the mod and unzip it into a folder on your desktop then load up the nifs into nifskope then click render -settings then follow the folder path to where you have it at. If the mod has a data folder click it when you are following the paths and when you get to the data folder and click ok it should render. If it doesn't render then you need to click the item that isn't rendering and check the folder paths by clicking the texture path under the item you clicked and check it against the folder path set up for the mod if anything is incorrect it will need to be changed.

*Edit

It might also be set up incorrectly in the .esp I just took a look and everything seems fine with the texture paths I loaded the meshes into my own .esp and then added the meshes to my chest to have a look and there was no problem so it could also be something set up incorrectly in the .esp. Load the .esp up into cs (Creation Set) select the folder at the top and select only the .esp for the DMC mod. Set it to active and load it up it might take a little while for it to load. Then click weapon and scroll through the list for the DMC weapons double click the weapon and look at what is set up for each one One hand needs bladesonehanded selected look at the nif for it and make sure it is the onehanded one. After fixing anything if there was anything wrong make sure to click the save so it will overwrite the .esp.

attachicon.gif2014-06-07_00001.jpgattachicon.gif2014-06-07_00002.jpg

I have no experience using either NifSkope, or the Creation Kit, and i'm afraid any intervention on my end with either utility might cause more problems than good.

Is there anyway you can upload your 'fixed' version, or will that be going against LL's policies? If so, I understand.

Please respond as soon as possible, thank you in advance.

-Arcturus Fyr

Wrong nif name in the esp. Name in the esp was gladius_onehand.nif and must be dmcgladius_onehand.nif

Changed esp and a nif "fix" (added missing Tangent spaces. but should also work with the original nif files)

DMC Gladius OB fix.7z

Or you can use the original esp and rename the two nif files in meshes\Gladius\

You must only delete the "dmc" so the names are gladius_onehand.nif and gladius_twohand.nif

Edit: mesh collisions fix see post 10

Wrong nif name in the esp. Name in the esp was gladius_onehand.nif and must be dmcgladius_onehand.nif

Changed esp and a nif "fix" (added missing Tangent spaces. but should also work with the original nif files)

attachicon.gifDMC Gladius OB fix.7z

Or you can use the original esp and rename the two nif files in meshes\Gladius\

You must only delete the "dmc" so the names are gladius_onehand.nif and gladius_twohand.nif

I've installed your 'fix' version, and I can confirm it works. I very much appreciate your efforts, and i'm sure they have not just benefited me, but those in the near, or far future whom may use this mod.

Thank you very much for spending the time you did to help me and the potential users of this mod. 

Again, thank you very much.

-Arcturus Fyr

*Edit

attachicon.gif2014-06-07_00001.jpgattachicon.gif2014-06-07_00002.jpg

Thank you for providing the fix with a set of instructions that can be utilized by NifSkope and CK. While I may not be knowledgeable enough to use NifSkope and/or CK to fix my problems with this mod, i'm sure others who are better versed with the said utilities and with the assistance of your detailed instructions can have both a learning experience and be more confident to troubleshoot mods themselves.

Thank you very much for spending the time to type up these instructions, and I hope people who read them gain more experience in fixing mods like this one.

Again, thank you very much.

-Arcturus Fyr

A collisions fix

original post-3205-0-29926100-1402190991_thumb.jpg I have enlarged the collision box. You can see that only half of the sword has collision so you can not hit the enemy with the the sword tip.

New collision

1 Hand post-3205-0-94473900-1402191306_thumb.jpg  and  2 Hand post-3205-0-09398200-1402191322_thumb.jpg

Only the meshes with Name dmcgladius_onehand.nif and dmcgladius_twohand.nif for use with the fixed esp Version (or rename the meshes if you use the original esp)

DMC Meshes.7z

To give an honest answer, I cannot really discern a difference. For the the 1-handed blade, without the 'collisions' fix, it seemed the upper length of the blade by a'foot didn't connect with any moving targets, or stationary ones either. While with the fix, there did not 'seem' to be as much an issue with the blades 'tip' connecting through an attack.

For the two handed blade, I have not done any tests yet.

My testing was inconsistent, so I cannot give an answer that signifies either my satisfaction, or my disapproval.

I'll try to generate some better results tomorrow with some extra testing, with and without the fix.

Thank you for spending the time in locating such an important flaw, and then providing a fix. Your help improves this mod in personal use.

Thank you again.

-Arcturus Fyr

Here's a list of things I tested the weapon on without the fix (one-handed);

-Tree Crab (A larger equivalent of the Mudcrab)

-Beetles

-Rock Formations at the bottom of the Imperial City Bridge.

Here's a list of things I tested the weapon on with the fix (one-handed);

-Tree Crab 

-Beetles

-Rock Formations below the Imperial City Bridge

-Various Walls within the Imperial City.

-Several doors of structures within the Imperial City

-A stationary Imperial District Gate Guard

-Half a'dozen attacking Imperial City Guards

This was mostly done in 3rd person mode, with the DMC Stylish combat mod, and SSS (Smokin Sick Stylish) Swordmaster Style.

I am not really sure how the weapon reach works. I thought a weapon reach longer as the collision does not have a effect . A short dagger with weapon reach 1000 can not hit a NPC a mile away, but I don't know and never tested it.

But another reason to use the fixed meshes is that the weapon can not half disappear in objects or the ground when you drop the weapon.

Edit: seems only the weapon reach is important.

Oblivion weapons:

Dagger 0.6

Short sword and war axe 0.8

Longsword and Mace  1.0

Claymore and Warhammer 1.3

post-3205-0-16233900-1402249349_thumb.jpg

So the DMC weapons should have at least 1.6  (original esp: one Hand 1.3 and two Hand 1.4)

Here 3 Versions with

- one Hand 1.5 and two Hand 1.6

- one Hand 1.6 and two Hand 1.7

- one Hand 1.7 and two Hand 1.8

DMC weapon reach.7z

Archived