TES Anthology

TonyB

Hi y'all,

I just ordered the TES anthology that has all five games from Arena to Skyrim.  Does anyone know if the mods I have for Skyrim will work in any of these games.  I'm thinking maybe some of them will work in Oblivion, but I don't know about the rest.

Oh yeah!  The 7000 steps to High Horthgar--does anyone know if there are actually 7000 steps?  I keep saying I am going to count them but then never do. 

TonyB

i bring you bad news  :(       i know only fallout, oblivion, skyrim and morowind from reading .  and none of the esp fit an other game than the one it was created for.  ( it means you will need to wright the mod in and for each game )   second probleme  you will need to learn blender or 3dsmax to convert each mesh plus skeleton to fit  and ofcourse the textures might create bugs (not sure)

there are some mods that integer one game to an other like moroblivion and skyrim for oblivion  i do not know much about  them sure users can tel you more.

Guest Omega1084

There are 7000 steps.

Starting from the beginning at the Ivarstead Bridge and going up till the door of High Hrothgar.

I'll count them backward later.

I have a lot of time to waste today -3-

Guest Omega1084

Well, if you go up some shortcuts it'll be a lot less but if you count all the steps, going by what I believe is the intended slow path it's 7000, unless I missed/repeated a few. xD

I'll be back in-game soon and count them on the way down.

Well, if you go up some shortcuts it'll be a lot less but if you count all the steps, going by what I believe is the intended slow path it's 7000, unless I missed/repeated a few. xD

Looking forward to hearing about how many steps there are. I tried counting them a few times, but gave up when I missed some or accidentally repeated some.

Guest Omega1084

Looking forward to hearing about how many steps there are. I tried counting them a few times, but gave up when I missed some or accidentally repeated some.

Well, the way Beth organized them is kind of annoying.

I undertstand it'd be weird if they simply made a long staircase upward but that would've been a lot less tedious. xD

Guest Omega1084

I was counting the steps my character took going up.

Each step is two steps or so, then maneuvering around the mountain without abusing geometry.

It's around 7000 but all that depends on walking speed so I figured as an old man I'd go up slowly.

Visible stair-steps there's only under 1000 though like gregathit said.

What shortcuts?  The only shortcuts I know of is to fast travel either going up or (ahem) going down.  

TonyB

even though the systems are similar the programming is not, so sadly like said in the above post the mods are not interchangable

Yeah, that's what I figured.  I thought that there might be mods especially made for each game., but Skyrim is the only one I've come across so far except for some Oblivion mods mixed in every now and then.

TonyB

Guest Omega1084

What shortcuts?  The only shortcuts I know of is to fast travel either going up or (ahem) going down.  

TonyB

Hopping over things, playing with geometry. I've done runs where I don't meet most enemies if I go up from where the Stormcloak camp is via expert mountain climbing, though it takes painfully long xD

TonyB

Hopping over things, playing with geometry. I've done runs where I don't meet most enemies if I go up from where the Stormcloak camp is via expert mountain climbing, though it takes painfully long xD

And you call that a "shortcut?"   :cool:

TonyB

Guest Omega1084

TonyB

TonyB

It sure beats getting brutally owned by a Troll at the worst possible moment xD

TonyB

TonyB

It sure beats getting brutally owned by a Troll at the worst possible moment xD

I guess if you say so, but...trolls?  Trolls are pussies.  My gal uses swords that burn with fire and frost and her two girls use ebony swords of fire.  Trolls are very susceptible to fire.  And besides their dicks are so small I have never even seen one.   But if a troll is brutally owning you, anytime that happens would be the worst possible moment for it to happen. :cool:  But what are you doing when that happens?  Taking a leak?

Truthfully, Danar usually zaps trolls with "instant death" and then goes over and loots the bodies.  But she still likes to whop them with a sword now and then.   It calms her nerves.

TonyB

Guest Omega1084

I guess if you say so, but...trolls?  Trolls are pussies.  My gal uses swords that burn with fire and frost and her two girls use ebony swords of fire.  Trolls are very susceptible to fire.  And besides their dicks are so small I have never even seen one.   But if a troll is brutally owning you, anytime that happens would be the worst possible moment for it to happen. :cool:  But what are you doing when that happens?  Taking a leak?

Truthfully, Danar usually zaps trolls with "instant death" and then goes over and loots the bodies.  But she still likes to whop them with a sword now and then.   It calms her nerves.

TonyB

Well, sometimes I simply decide to challenge myself and run up the mountain without any equipment on to see if I can make it.

I have some AI mods so the wolves and spiders used guerrilla tactics against me that I wasn't expecting, like running around me and biting my butt, not appreciated at all. :|

TonyB

Well, sometimes I simply decide to challenge myself and run up the mountain without any equipment on to see if I can make it.

I have some AI mods so the wolves and spiders used guerrilla tactics against me that I wasn't expecting, like running around me and biting my butt, not appreciated at all. :|

Omega that is hilarious.  If the wolves don't bite your butt off then you'll probably freeze it off.   But Danar wears the skimpiest of armors--ultra-skimpy Silverlight and right now she's wearing the ebony skull armor which is almost as skimpy.  So far she hasn't frozen her fine ass off, but then again she runs everywhere.  Walking is too slow and boring.

TonyB

Guest Omega1084

Omega that is hilarious.  If the wolves don't bite your butt off then you'll probably freeze it off.   But Danar wears the skimpiest of armors--ultra-skimpy Silverlight and right now she's wearing the ebony skull armor which is almost as skimpy.  So far she hasn't frozen her fine ass off, but then again she runs everywhere.  Walking is too slow and boring.

TonyB

No no no, walking is what you do when you find yourself faced by a hundred soldiers wanting to cut you up into little pieces and feed you to the wolves.

Slowly pacing up to them and regarding them with glare that could cut a mountain in half, that's what you use walking for.

Shortly afterward you can rush in and explode their faces with warhammers but until then.. until then you simply watch.

But anyway wolves are annoying with this AI pack. I think it's from SkyTEST. They run away, find friends, and come back to bite you to bits, usually from behind.

Guest Mogie56

One step on level ground would be close to 3 feet which would be 2 stair steps because your on a 45 +/- degree incline. The steps to High Hrothgar are highly eroded so you would count each step between stair sections as 2 stair steps each. There are quite a few rather long stretches between stair sections. 

TonyB

No no no, walking is what you do when you find yourself faced by a hundred soldiers wanting to cut you up into little pieces and feed you to the wolves.

Slowly pacing up to them and regarding them with glare that could cut a mountain in half, that's what you use walking for.

Shortly afterward you can rush in and explode their faces with warhammers but until then.. until then you simply watch.

But anyway wolves are annoying with this AI pack. I think it's from SkyTEST. They run away, find friends, and come back to bite you to bits, usually from behind.

If we ever meet in person, remind me not to fuck with you.  You are one bad ass bitch, and I mean that in the best way possible.

TonyB

When I find myself surrounded by enemies of any ilk, I fight.  "kill 'em.  Kill 'em all" --Johnny Rico Starship Troopers.

Guest Omega1084

TonyB

If we ever meet in person, remind me not to fuck with you.  You are one bad ass bitch, and I mean that in the best way possible.

TonyB

Noted. I appreciate the compliment but I look too cute in real life to be regarded as a threat till it's too late C:

TonyB

TonyB

Noted. I appreciate the compliment but I look too cute in real life to be regarded as a threat till it's too late C:

That is the baddest kind.  Puts your opponents at ease and having them underestimate you.   I know, I'm kind of cute myself as evidenced by my  avatar photo. :cool:

TonyB

TonyB

TonyB

That is the baddest kind.  Puts your opponents at ease and having them underestimate you.   I know, I'm kind of cute myself as evidenced by my  avatar photo. :cool:

TonyB

OK Omega.  Gotta run.  Have to go kill some bad guys and maybe even some good guys.  I am so addicted to this game it should shame me.  See ya around.

TonyB

Archived