Titan?

Robton

Hi, like most of you i like playing with ENB's. But as many of you i'm having limited with FPS. But since i'm running a 8-core processor from AMD, and my 8gb's of ram is not running over 50% usage, i think its my Nvidia GTX770 which is overclocked thats limiting my fps.

So since the Titan Z just came out, i thought the regular Titan would fall in price. But no... it didn’t.

So i figure now is a good time as any to get a GTX Titan. But i was wondering if the card is giving me much fps for my money? or if cheaper cards work just as good with SLI?

Anyone in here have any experience with this?

For me a strong single card is better than SLI/Xfire (unless you have multiple displays or a single 4K display). If I were you I'll have to think very hard before getting a very-high end (and hyped out) GPU like the Titan.

Have you tried setting the GPU back to factory default, and checked if you have Vsync on while playing? I hear that some ENB preset authors say that overclocking isn't recommended.

Furthermore, you have to look at the textures you're using; my rule of thumb is to use higher-res on characters, 2K for interiors, 1-2K for exteriors, 1K for grass and foliage, and 512k for falling leaves.

For me a strong single card is better than SLI/Xfire (unless you have multiple displays or a single 4K display). If I were you I'll have to think very hard before getting a very-high end (and hyped out) GPU like the Titan.

Have you tried setting the GPU back to factory default, and checked if you have Vsync on while playing? I hear that some ENB preset authors say that overclocking isn't recommended.

Furthermore, you have to look at the textures you're using; my rule of thumb is to use higher-res on characters, 2K for interiors, 1-2K for exteriors, 1K for grass and foliage, and 512k for falling leaves.

Very strong advise.

After doing the above and optimizing the textures and such (so I have heard as I don't or haven't yet used EMB's etc) and still have issues.. perhaps an upgrade would be needed... However keep in mind that the Titan is greatly over hyped. Much of what you get in Titan can be found in a 780 or 780ti at a cheaper price.

You also haven't indicated how much v-ram you're 770 has. If it is the normal default 2 gigs you have limited yourself there. I am. I have a 670 with two gigs of ram and am about to reach my limit of textures without even starting on embs. My choice going forward would be the 770 with 4gig vram. or the better newer architecture of the 780 with 3 to 4 gigs of vram. ( which most of my friends in RL are advising me to get because of Skyrim mods and enbs) Keep in mind that most individuals don't need even that much power to get great results however those that mod and add textures such as us.. unfortunately need to pay to play.

Very strong advise.

After doing the above and optimizing the textures and such (so I have heard as I don't or haven't yet used EMB's etc) and still have issues.. perhaps an upgrade would be needed... However keep in mind that the Titan is greatly over hyped. Much of what you get in Titan can be found in a 780 or 780ti at a cheaper price.

You also haven't indicated how much v-ram you're 770 has. If it is the normal default 2 gigs you have limited yourself there. I am. I have a 670 with two gigs of ram and am about to reach my limit of textures without even starting on embs. My choice going forward would be the 770 with 4gig vram. or the better newer architecture of the 780 with 3 to 4 gigs of vram. ( which most of my friends in RL are advising me to get because of Skyrim mods and enbs) Keep in mind that most individuals don't need even that much power to get great results however those that mod and add textures such as us.. unfortunately need to pay to play.

I use a Gainward Geforce GTX770 4GB Card...

For future games more and more Vram is importend to run highly detailed worlds so if a titan is ahalf price i say go for titan it have 6gb vram but as some already said way to over hyped and priced alterantive is 780 ti(780 is compare lowend card thats not smart to buy anymore GTX 770 4GB is not that much worse then 780) but it have also limited 3gb vram and that can be problem in future look at Watch dogs with 3gb vram you can not even run it in ultra.

If you tweak your settings right and install performance ENB which looks also great GTX 770 4GB is for skyrim and even most games very good card your fps is low because of other factors.

I advice to buy a SSD instead of new videocard.

There is a 780 6gb comming but i dunno price.

It all depends on what you wanne spent on card i say wait for GTX Nvidia MAXELL cards they prolly go for 4gb or 6gb vram.

Or go AMD if your willing to change brand amd 290 is cheap but out perform most cards and have 4gb vram.

Good luck with your choice.

My game is not crashing at all, just running slow. Those fixes have been in my game for a while now :P

I'm gonna order a new SSD to run games from, I have one as my Primary SSD is not big enough for both my software AND my games :/

My game is not crashing at all, just running slow. Those fixes have been in my game for a while now :P

I'm gonna order a new SSD to run games from, I have one as my Primary SSD is not big enough for both my software AND my games :/

There were comments there on how to increase performance as well ;).. anyway just covering the basics as best as I can. :P Good to know that those fixes help. I will start to use those fixes to maximize the 670, the 770's little brother. Hopefully I can postphone any upgrades on GPU for awhile.

I am running a 250 Samsung SSD for the primary and another 250 Samsung SSD for the gaming drive. I do highly recommend it if possible. Don't cost too much and you can move Steam over pretty easy and activate it on that drive with little effort. If you are running near capacity for the primary perhaps the SSD maintenance programing is hindering the performance? Anyway. A dedicated SSD feeding the Motherboard/CPU/GPU does seem to help the performance of the game with loading and transferring cells and such even now (I haven't ran any EMBs but last run had heavy graphics basically following the setup for Skyrim from STEPS guide.

I think,that is a problem with the CPU.

The AMD-Bulldozer have a performance problem if they can not use all cores.

You can check the memory with GPU-z.

I pretty much have the same setup as the OP. I have no problems with single thread performance with Bulldozer processors. The only issue i have ever had was some texture glitches with one game. (Mass Effect 1 Noveria) Other than that the processor works just fine. Most of the time the AMD is processing in single or duel  core for my programs and such using the process monitor. I don't believe that is the issue the OP is having unless there is or  has been some changes in the bios or version of Bulldozer he/she is using.

Archived