HDT Cloaks for Hold Guards - Cloaks Of Skyrim Replacer

Guest emilio

Guest emilio
View File

I've taken the hold capes and hdt files from this mod on 3DM http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4256058, and had it replace the hold guard cloaks/capes from the Cloaks in Skyrim mod on the nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12092/?.

cloaks in skyrim mod required (and perhaps a bashed patch to be absolutely sure those cloaks get disseminated to those hold guards).

We might see improved cloak.xmls in the future. Everyone might want to try Blabba's L.E.M.O.N. xml and see how well that one works, but I haven't tried it yet.

Seems to be working okay on the 14.28.dll.

Also, don't expect me to offer much support for this file. I don't know enough about how HDT works or how to make my own meshes or xmls, I just saw a way to put these two mods together.

update:

small fix - some female guard capes didnt get replaced

DISCLAIMER

It's been brought up that the physics for these cloaks, as they are set up, include many bones, are detailed, and consequently may have moderate performance impact when in proximity of many guards. We might see a more performance friendly version in the future.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/28/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Guest emilio

Hmm, dunno what's going wrong but the cloacks are a total mess for me. 

Gonna try to tweak it, since it looks pretty damn cool when it's working.

Check your hdt .dll version?

Guest emilio

Ah well I don't know what to tell you. Let us know about any tweaks you've made once as you've come across them though!

Looks really awesome, thanks for this.

My only downside is that it is not for all the cloaks, instead of just the guard cloaks. I have no idea how to work the meshes and stuff for this, so I'll just wait and hope you get around to getting all the cloaks done. I use Wet and Cold, and whenever the npc equip cloaks, it looks a bit weird with the guards having flowing cloaks and the npcs having static cloaks.

But nice job still. :)

Sweet, TY for this!

I had the hdt xml for this, and was dissecting it but I really didn't want to re-weight a mesh to this.

When I get time I'll go about seeing to make a weight template and easy to use guide so making the rest of the cloaks will be a cinch.

I'll also see if I can't fix some motion and clipping issues :), Or change it to use less bones because that looks really performance heavy.

It looks sweet although i would prefer if you remove HDT from item name... and massive armor and value... and weight of 2 seems a lot for light clothing material.

Armor should be 0 like all clothes, weight max 1, value max 20

Or change it to use less bones because that looks really performance heavy.

And actually yeah, exactly this.

It is extremely performance heavy. Was checking this out in Dragonsreach, and it all seemed fine. Only one guard had a cloak on at the time, and didn't really see any fps drop. But once I went outside into Whiterun, my game dropped to a crawl, almost a complete stop. The performance hit you get from these cloaks is rather insane when almost all the guards in the city are wearing them.

Had to revert back to the original mod without physics. At least till the performance issue is dealt with. Cause these really hurt your system. Especially for being a replacer for a mod that distributes these cloaks all over the place. It will really destroy your performance with tons of guards wearing these.

Guest emilio

Looks really awesome, thanks for this.

My only downside is that it is not for all the cloaks, instead of just the guard cloaks. I have no idea how to work the meshes and stuff for this, so I'll just wait and hope you get around to getting all the cloaks done. I use Wet and Cold, and whenever the npc equip cloaks, it looks a bit weird with the guards having flowing cloaks and the npcs having static cloaks.

But nice job still. :)

Yeah I'm not so great with creating meshes either. I just took the ones from the mod from 3DM and replaced the ones in cloaks of skyrim, so unless I find a retexture or something, you probably won't seeing any more from me.

It looks sweet although i would prefer if you remove HDT from item name... and massive armor and value... and weight of 2 seems a lot for light clothing material.

It sounds like you're using the hdt cloaks.esp. This mod doesnt use that. This is simply a mesh replacer for cloaks of skyrim, and should have all the names, armor, and weight attributes associated with that mod. To be more clear: The video linked in the desc is not my video and is just an example of the physics. All the attributes displayed in the item interface that get pulled up are associated with the original hdt cloaks.esp

Sweet, TY for this!

I had the hdt xml for this, and was dissecting it but I really didn't want to re-weight a mesh to this.

When I get time I'll go about seeing to make a weight template and easy to use guide so making the rest of the cloaks will be a cinch.

I'll also see if I can't fix some motion and clipping issues  :), Or change it to use less bones because that looks really performance heavy.

I wasn't even aware of the performance impact. I threw it together late last night, checked that the cloaks worked in the console and assumed it would work ok. I'll put that disclaimer in the description.

Yeah, if someone more adept than me at HDT can reduce the number of bones on this cloak or knows a way to improve performance, that'd be awesome.

It sounds like you're using the hdt cloaks.esp. This mod doesnt use that. This is simply a mesh replacer for cloaks of skyrim, and should have all the names, armor, and weight attributes associated with that mod. To be more clear: The video linked in the desc is not my video and is just an example of the physics. All the attributes displayed in the item interface that get pulled up are associated with the original hdt cloaks.esp

Oh i thought your mod does that. I only seen the video and didnt want to download coz it seems overpowered. If your mod is only replacer for cloaks of skyrim then everything is perfect well beside performance issue but im just about to experience that :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest emilio

you can find it here. 

http://bbs.3dmgame.c...ead&tid=4256058

Thanks but I can´t read a single word in there :D.

I downloaded a "cloak.rar" file but it only have a XML file on it.

oh yea you need google translate chrome extension to navigate that site + getting the download link is kind of tricky.

Here's a link to the standalone cape file

http://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid=2110603223&uk=589909513

password is  o6vc

you can find it here. 

http://bbs.3dmgame.c...ead&tid=4256058

Thanks but I can´t read a single word in there :D.

I downloaded a "cloak.rar" file but it only have a XML file on it.

oh yea you need google translate chrome extension to navigate that site + getting the download link is kind of tricky.

Here's a link to the standalone cape file

http://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid=2110603223&uk=589909513

password is  o6vc

took me an hour yesterday to figure all that out and the password lol. so that's a very helpful post. rep up!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...