T6m Equipment

DDR1980

Hey guys I don't know if any of you are fimilar with the t6 equipment mod .... http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45505/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D45505%26preview%3D&pUp=1

but for me it is not working. His stand alones work, but his over all equipment replacement does not work.I used fomm to install it and it refuses to work.I did some digging in the data folder and notices that the mod does not use a .esp file. I would assume that a esp file is important so that way it can be put into the load order....Im not a programmer by any stretch of he imagination. But is it possible to make a esp file from scratch and fix the problem ones self? Have any of you guys had problems with this mod? I tried to contact the mod maker but he seems un-responsive.  

It does work, I use it myself.

You need to follow his installation instructions -- the download is not 'fomod ready'. There is an esp inside (and an esm, too).

What you need to do is extract the whole thing somewhere, make a new empty directory, and copy what you want in there. Then zip that up and add the zip with FOMM, or add the directory with FOMM.

This is where I recommend you start "learning to mod". It would be pretty easy to take what he has, and turn it into an actual fomod, so that FOMM can provide you with a menu of choices. Many here would appreciate it if you did that, tested it, and then sent the result back to the author for him to include on the official page.

It might sounds awkward and like a waste of time before you've done it once, but building a FOMM ready zip is a really good idea and doesn't take any more time than manually installing- its the same process, assuming you do either of them right.

- Create a new folder called 'Data' on the desktop, and move all the files/folders you would have manually dropped into the real FNV/Data there instead.

- Zip up the folder with whatever you use (.rar, .zip. .7z, etc).

- Done. FOMM can manage installing/removing for you.

Yeah I did what pride suggested and it work for the most part. Faction armor like the Khans changed over as well things like combat armor and all the panties and special armour are for sale at the intended vendors. But things like raider armor and leather armor still remain looking vanilla and I think I know what the problem is and I intend to fix it. 

Thanks for the pointers guys you have been a real help. Sometimes the "Gump" strikes me hard and I need some help from the outside to pull me through.

Archived