Project L.E.M.O.N.

blabba

And another physics effect from the resident crazy orange.

This time I bring to you:

PROJECT L.E.M.O.N.

L = Lovely
E = Exotic
M = Mantles
O = Oscillating
N = Naturally

Basically it'll be an HDT xml for capes with full collisions and a template with optimal riggings eventually.
But yes, cape physics are now achievable :D

Here's a test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdcADjAYuJA

Excuse the jagged cape, I just copied over xp32's weighted cape, which unfortunately is not optimal for HDT effects. I'll retouch the rigging if I get time.

Also, I haven't added collision for the body (that's why the cape goes through body) and I can probably do some tweaking here and there to make it a lot smoother and more accurate (but I need a properly rigged cape before I can do all that). Also managing collisions will be tricky. But I think I have an idea on how to do it.

This project is a side-project to me for now and it's an idea I had for a long time. I just decided I'd work on it yesterday as I was taking a break from making morphs for Project CITRUS, turns out the rigging issues and some other stuff dragged it out for this whole weekend.... :(

Anyway goal is to make a DIY kit, along with an easy to use guide eventually. If I get permissions from authors I'll release physicable cape mod itself.

Plans:

- Make a few more alternate Normal Maps with different types of textiles

- Add in Decals for each Hold, StormCloaks/Imperial, And any other decals like Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood etc...

- Create WIC style cloaks with fur.

- Maybe change the default hdt to use different constraint setup to allow more 'fluid' like cape?

- Make World Models.

- Add in Dyeable Capes, courtesy of Expired's new Dye Framework:

Credits:
Phygnos - For UV'ing the mesh (I swear I'll learn how to do this someday...)
Kaputzki - For coming up with name/acronym
Yoo - For being... yoo (AKA: My mentor in HDT modding in 3dsMax)
Canderes - Pioneering HDT modding in 3dsMax
Groovtama - For making XPMSE skeleton

Expired - For his Dye Framework
LL Unofficial Chat - For being my hangout spot and letting me complain about my trials and tribulations.

Download DEMO

(Despite the name, Dyeing is still not implemented yet)

When is LIME and GRAPEFRUIT coming? Also I thought you were working on loincloth or does cape physics applies there as well?

Long

Immersive

Male

Equipement

Ok couldn't come up with one for grapefruit.

Lol, someone should tell phygnos about this in case he wants to use it for his project xD

When is LIME and GRAPEFRUIT coming? Also I thought you were working on loincloth or does cape physics applies there as well?

Why would I continue work on loincloth?

It pretty much does what it's stated to do. I added in collision and tweaked as much as I could for a generic xml.

All that's left is for people to make use of it, and maybe me creating a high poly template mesh so that people can copy weights from it.

• 4 months later...

Updated to reflect my progress and plans as well as new video and new demo.

Also looking for help from any CK pro's out there for implementation into game and basically make a Cape (maybe even cloaks if I can model proper cloaks well enough) Overhaul even better than WIC/Cloaks of Skyrim

Updated video.

I completely overhauled the weighting, and changed all the physics movement.

It's now a lot more organic and flowy though not what I'd call 'perfect'.

However, I really am out of patience with havok, and so this version (Along with pseudo-floor and player collision) will be the one shipped in the final product.

Anyone with JFF can easily edit and tweak it for more refined control. Or if people with sufficient knowledge want to, they can pm me for my 3dsmax file for them to tweak the physics their as well.

New Video showcasing full skyrim cape physics with generalized collision shapes for the body.

This is the last iteration of physics tweaking I will be doing, it's up to users to further tweak stuff to more closely fit their bodies or to attain their own type of movement.

• 2 weeks later...

As cheeky as this sounds.. Would it be possible if I could have a look at your 3ds max file? I would be very interested in finding out how you made the 2 bone chains connected. I myself have made my own version of a physics cape but using mass FX, and have yet to find away to replicate my design using the havok system. It would be greatly appreciated if I could, if only for my own learning.

Edit: Also, here is a video of the Mass FX cape system I created which I baked as bone animation using the XP32 Maximum Skeleton. The problem with this method being that I have little understanding of how to change or fix the animation blending.

As cheeky as this sounds.. Would it be possible if I could have a look at your 3ds max file? I would be very interested in finding out how you made the 2 bone chains connected. I myself have made my own version of a physics cape but using mass FX, and have yet to find away to replicate my design using the havok system. It would be greatly appreciated if I could, if only for my own learning.

Sure thing, PM me for it here on LL or chat.

(I can't seem to PM you for some reason :/ )

Archived