Is It Possible To Really Deactivate The Ultimate Edition Equipment Packs?

Okay, I'm stopped, but maybe someone can help me out.

FONV Ultimate Edition as most presumably know includes four equipment bonus packs.

ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm

My problem is: I can't get thse to not load on starting a new game.
Unchecking in FOMM? Doesn't keep the gear from being added to my inventory.
Unchecking directly in the horrid FONV Data Files menu? Has the same non-effect.
Juggling load orders before unchecking those .esms? Wastes time, helps nothing.

I'm reluctant to try simply deleting the .esms, because seeing they seem to get loaded no matter what i do, all I expect from that is an instant CTD when thee game can't find them.

Has anyone managed to actually not get the bonus equipment on starting a new game?
If so, what exactly did the trick?

I recommend using JSawyer mod: http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/09/jsawyeresp-v51.html

It makes it so instead of starting with any pre-order gear, it is hidden in logical places around the wasteland.

The mod is created by the FNV project lead at Obsidian and contains various tweaks based on his vision for the game.

--

Also, the reason they are getting loaded when unchecked is because you are using another mod that requires them. You can untick them otherwise.

The JSawyer mod does change and rebalance quite a lot. It is pretty good if it is the only mod you use, but weapon/armor mods, rebalancing mods, etc. are not playing nice with it. Not necessarily from a technical perspective, but there will be a lot of inconsistencies.

If I understand OP correctly, he doesn't want the gear at all. Deleting the plugins has no negative effect whatsoever. 

However, unchecking the gear in FOMM should be enough for it not to load on a brand new game.

But If the mods were active in a savegame or they are mastered by another plugin, they get loaded automatically, unchecked or not. Hence the need to remove the plugins entirely from the data folder. 

However, unchecking the gear in FOMM should be enough for it not to load on a brand new game.

But If the mods were active in a savegame or they are mastered by another plugin, they get loaded automatically, unchecked or not. 

Ah, hhmm. So archiving my old saves to a different directory before starting a new game should do the trick? Will hhave to try that later today.

Archived