Registering Voices

Hi Ashal,

I am having some trouble updating my voice mod to 1.5: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29537-nusbies-voices-for-sexlab/

My mod was based off of SL Vanilla Voices so I tried following your instructions here (I skipped removing properties and adding getformfromfile, that is something to change once it actually works): http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20558-sexlab-vanilla-voices/page-9?do=findComment&comment=753056

Unfortunately the voices still do not register. Looking at your sexlab scripts and my esp, the only obvious problem is that the quest in my esp references the depreciated sslvoiceslots quest. Changing this to the new secondary registry quest did not work, how should I fix this?

scriptname NusbieFactory extends sslVoiceFactory

function RegisterVoices(int id)
RegisterVoice("EnglishFemaleA")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickB")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickC")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickJ")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickJa")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickK")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickM")
RegisterVoice("ElfChickS")
RegisterVoice("EnglishFemaleH")
RegisterVoice("EnglishFemaleK")
RegisterVoice("EnglishFemaleLb")
RegisterVoice("EnglishFemaleM")
RegisterVoice("EnglishFemalePinn")
RegisterVoice("OrcB")
RegisterVoice("OrcJ")
RegisterVoice("OrcJa")
RegisterVoice("Demon1")
RegisterVoice("Demon2")
RegisterVoice("HumanJTGen")
RegisterVoice("Sexbot")
RegisterVoice("HumanFemaleEliz")
RegisterVoice("Pigmy")
endFunction

Sound property Nusbie01EnglishFemaleAMildM auto
Sound property Nusbie01EnglishFemaleAMediumM auto
Sound property Nusbie01EnglishFemaleAHotM auto
function EnglishFemaleA(int id)
sslBaseVoice Base = Create(id)
Base.Name = "English Female A"
Base.Gender = Female
Base.Mild = Nusbie01EnglishFemaleAMildM
Base.Medium = Nusbie01EnglishFemaleAMediumM
Base.Hot = Nusbie01EnglishFemaleAHotM
Base.AddTag("Female")
Base.Save(id)
endFunction

etc.

scriptname NusbieAlias extends ReferenceAlias

NusbieFactory property Factory auto

event OnInit()
Factory.RegisterForModEvent("SexLabSlotVoices", "RegisterVoices")
endEvent
event OnPlayerLoadGame()
Factory.RegisterForModEvent("SexLabSlotVoices", "RegisterVoices")
endEvent

I actually noticed that earlier and changed it, pulled from old psc, sorry. It still doesn't work even with the change.

So changing the reference in my quest from the depreciated slot voices quest to the new secondary registry quest was the right thing to do? They seem a lot different so I wasn't sure.

Ok so... I checked the debug log again and as usual, resetting the voice registry didn't make anything unusual come up. Just the messages of registering each voice.

BUT... This time I noticed a lot of errors early on in the log about sslbasevoice. I had been wondering if the upgrade to 1.5 messed up anything (old mcm never disappeared) so... I finally downloaded a vanilla savefile and opened it. All my voices were there.

Yeah... looks like I will have to uninstall, and reinstall all sexlab mods on my main save. Sorry for taking your time for something I should have tried already.

Archived