Creation Kit Player Dialogue Trouble

FinalCloud

Hey all, basically I am trying to fiddle around in CK to hopefully get to the point where I can do some proper mod-making. I am having some really annoying problem with Dialogues, I am creating them all in the player dialogue tab as doing it that way feels similar to how it worked in the CS =P.I

Now the issue is, whenever I create a new topic the topic text is greyed out and I cannot do anything with these new dialogues (additionally when clicking new in the info window nothing happens). I can however edit the old Dialogues fine, and if I restart the CK I can edit the new ones aswell, but obviously I do not want to have to restart the CK every time I want to create a new topic and neither should I.

Now, I have tried searching for solutions to this, but not found much (other than the infamous dialogue problem and SEQ files), but I would figure if it happened to others it would have been quite easy to find information on. Therefore either I am missing something obvious, or something is wrong on my end. Anyone got any ideas?

Hey all, basically I am trying to fiddle around in CK to hopefully get to the point where I can do some proper mod-making. I am having some really annoying problem with Dialogues, I am creating them all in the player dialogue tab as doing it that way feels similar to how it worked in the CS =P.I

Now the issue is, whenever I create a new topic the topic text is greyed out and I cannot do anything with these new dialogues (additionally when clicking new in the info window nothing happens). I can however edit the old Dialogues fine, and if I restart the CK I can edit the new ones aswell, but obviously I do not want to have to restart the CK every time I want to create a new topic and neither should I.

Now, I have tried searching for solutions to this, but not found much (other than the infamous dialogue problem and SEQ files), but I would figure if it happened to others it would have been quite easy to find information on. Therefore either I am missing something obvious, or something is wrong on my end. Anyone got any ideas?

It does that occasionally, not sure what causes it. Usually when that happens I will save what I am doing then reload it and I can enter what I want.

Sadly for me it does it every time -.-

Going to see if it still does it if I dont go onto Dialogue View first

Edit: Yep it does, well im beat, surprised I couldnt find anything else on this if its a common problem, but I guess not everyone gets it every time.

Maybe the quest bugged out somehow

Aye, that is the inevitable next step. Anyhow already tried it and no cigar, even tried making a new quest with the same outcome. Will try a file integrity check, but that seems very unlikely to be the culprit. Going to make a fresh mod and see if it still happens before making SexLab a master, just out of curiosity

Heh I just reinstalled RealVision and I had the problem again, And after some testing, I have found that the issue is an ini edit in the enblocal.ini that came with RealVision enb. More specifically, the line from RealVisions ENB this line (ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true) whereas the setting for it in the ENBSeries ini is false. And when I changed the ini to false, bing its working normally lol.

Surprised to not have found anyone else experience this, but either way, hopefully this will help someone out at some time! I guess with the limited amount of answers It is more likely to have been that verion of ENB combined with Skse1.7a)

• 10 months later...

I had the same problem, fortunately your solution works.

I recently installed Phinix's ENB and the enblocal.ini had the ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to true.  I just edited enblocal.ini and changed the ExpandSystemMemoryX64 setting to false.

Doing that fixed the graying out of the topic text in creation kit when making a new topic. 

• 4 months later...

Heh I just reinstalled RealVision and I had the problem again, And after some testing, I have found that the issue is an ini edit in the enblocal.ini that came with RealVision enb. More specifically, the line from RealVisions ENB this line (ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true) whereas the setting for it in the ENBSeries ini is false. And when I changed the ini to false, bing its working normally lol.

Surprised to not have found anyone else experience this, but either way, hopefully this will help someone out at some time! I guess with the limited amount of answers It is more likely to have been that verion of ENB combined with Skse1.7a)

I had the same problem and I can confirm that this solution works. I am so happy and thankful also that you took the effort to make a post about this after you found a solution. Thank you!

• 6 months later...

giphy.gif

Archived