Merura - New stand-alone Follower - By Yui0820

Eikichi Onizuka

Notice her pick seems to be showing up all over on bandits, any way to disable this? Love the characters but did not see how to deal with the neck seam except to change her outfit to hid it.

New Meruru Follower Enhanced version is working in progress, waiting for Season 2  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29901-yuihs-stand-alone-follower-season1/page-6?do=findComment&comment=796302  ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Notice her pick seems to be showing up all over on bandits, any way to disable this? Love the characters but did not see how to deal with the neck seam except to change her outfit to hid it. 

Well for the pickaxe,  its seems that the normal one was renamend and not saved as "new form" . So to change that just open the esp with the Creation Kit  and/or tes edit and copy paste  it than rename the orignal back to pickaxe .

Save it and place the copyed in her inventory . Save the esp,   done!

at least that worked for me. ^^

• 1 month later...

hey yui nice followers as usual. but I have a few questions about the blacksmith girl.

1. does she have the blacksmith's sell items dialogue and inventory?

2.  if I use a mod that normally has npcs unless you get the version without npcs, can I use the my home is your home mod to have her work at the blacksmith's or something?

3 . is she adoptable? because while your other followers are maybe marriable, meruru looks kind of young for me. so best case is I could adopt her.

@Iuki um I know how to clean files with tes5edit,  but I have no clue on making their height and weight different with that. I also have no idea what to do when loot says "this mod has unexpected or out of order records, and should be removed."  so any pointers?

@yui I managed to give her some more factions, but I don't know how to make her have inventory to sell like a blacksmith can you help?

believe that to do this you need to install the official CK  http://www.creationkit.com/ (you find on your Steam applicatiuons list), load Merura ESP file and they can do all the changes you want :)

PS: if you want to change the height/weight of Meura or any followers with TESedit, open TESedit, disable all ESP files, and load only the ESP if you want, and go here for edit her height/weight, left of the screen, click on "blacksmith esp", next click on "race" click on blacksmith id (is down of "race" after click)

use the mouse wheel to find the height value, is here.. post-204983-0-65970800-1406555275_thumb.jpg

click on it and click with the right mouse button and sleect "edit", now.. enter the desired value for the height ^_^ (

I recommend height-scale 0.95 for Meurara, is Breton female race height  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

Looks great, as with your other followers!

Her skin does look really dark though, when compared to, for example, Sha.

The Fair Skin Complexion textures are perfect I'd say, but they don't match with her head :/

the Merura head (on this first version) use a good part of SG textures Renewal http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?

a new version of, will probably be released in September, use All SG textures

you might ask him, if he will make a 2.0 version of Merura, based entirely on the new textures Fair Skin, with all the white skin set to maximum, the current Merura looks tanned,

blessed that she is at sea..! :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, nice mod, she looks good!... one thing though. Every single pickaxe in the game is now Merura's Pickaxe. 36 damage and a worth of 3200 Gold. That in itself isnt a problem, because I can just NOT sell it, if I dont want to abuse it. The problem is that it is also A LOT slower than a normal pickaxe, and that increases mining nodes. Any workaround for this?

/Anti

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the other posts and I am aware that you are aware of the problem :P

I don't have her installed right now so I can't check directly, but it sounds as if the author edited the base pickaxe and customised it for her instead of making a stand alone copy.

It should be pretty simple to undo the edit in the CreationKit and then make a copy for her to use.

Edit 1:

I'm downloading her again now, I'll check it in a bit. Working on something else right now. :P

Edit 2:

Ok, I had a look,

The English .esp seems to be fine and is clean of errors, but only because Merura doesn't have her own custom version of the pickaxe there.

The original .esp that is packaged within the main mod has her custom pickaxe but it edits the default pickaxe just like I suspected which is why you're seeing it all over the place with altered stats.

Edit 3:

Ok, I've created a new custom pickaxe entry for Merura's pickaxe which is separate from the original vanilla one and undone the edits to the vanilla pickaxe, her pickaxe is now unique and has the custom stats and works fine.

I've also gone ahead and edited the English Language .esp and added the custom pickaxe there too since it did not have one before.

---------------------------------

I'm waiting on permission from Iuki before I upload the edited files since this is his mod and I don't want to give the impression that I'm just trampling all over his work.... :)

Hey, nice mod, she looks good!... one thing though. Every single pickaxe in the game is now Merura's Pickaxe. 36 damage and a worth of 3200 Gold. That in itself isnt a problem, because I can just NOT sell it, if I dont want to abuse it. The problem is that it is also A LOT slower than a normal pickaxe, and that increases mining nodes. Any workaround for this?

/Anti

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the other posts and I am aware that you are aware of the problem :P

Solved now :) new esp is here.. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29804-merura-new-stand-alone-follower-by-yui0820/?do=findComment&comment=743271

A Big Thanks to dear Setekh for fix  :heart:

:/ mm little problem here..

she is stand alone ? i have install her again (new pc) and it look like she is not stand alone.. if i use any other body than unppetite, she take the body (like cbbe or unpb or whatever) and if i install unppetite (for all my character like the normal body you see..) i got a CTD everytime i try to change her outfit (even with the unppetite outfit) , but i not have any CTD if i make her use vanilla or cbbe/else body outfit.. thats pretty weird..

its not a big problem to use another body for her but with that i got the discolored face or terrible textures messed... :/

i m gonna try again, but i greatly appreciate if you can put her own body meshes on the files, for allow me to use another body for my character (if possible)

she is stand alone ? i have install her again (new pc) and it look like she is not stand alone.. if i use any other body than unppetite, she take the body (like cbbe or unpb or whatever) and if i install unppetite (for all my character like the normal body you see..) i got a CTD everytime i try to change her outfit (even with the unppetite outfit) , but i not have any CTD if i make her use vanilla or cbbe/else body outfit.. thats pretty weird..

its not a big problem to use another body for her but with that i got the discolored face or terrible textures messed... :/

i m gonna try again, but i greatly appreciate if you can put her own body meshes on the files, for allow me to use another body for my character (if possible)

Interesting, at first I wondered if this was something I had broken when I fixed her pickaxe issue, but it seems this is a bug from the original AND modified English Versions posted way back when she was new and was somehow never addressed.

I just read through the past 6 pages and it looks like a few others had noticed that she wasn't using her custom body but just wrote off the issue as being caused by something else.

Turns out Merura isn't using her custom body OR skeleton because the data was not linked to her NPC field.

Her Faction data was also missing an entry, that's a minor issue but I addressed that too anyway.

Try this ESP: 

Interesting, at first I wondered if this was something I had broken when I fixed her pickaxe issue, but it seems this is a bug from the original AND modified English Versions posted way back when she was new and was somehow never addressed.

I just read through the past 6 pages and it looks like a few others had noticed that she wasn't using her custom body but just wrote off the issue as being caused by something else.

Turns out Merura isn't using her custom body OR skeleton because the data was not linked to her NPC field.

Her Faction data was also missing an entry, that's a minor issue but I addressed that too anyway.

Try this ESP:  attachicon.gifBlacksmithGirl.esp

thanks, i test it and post news soon.

ok tested

the body is here, but the texture is bad..

i have check and see on nifscope the texture is linked to vanilla one and not to the blacksmithgirl folder, so i have modified the link and it work now,i still have some bug with the hand.. but now its all good for me..no more big difference between face and body etc..

if somebody have a texture bug, just change the texture path in nifscope for blacksmithgirl folder textures and its ok ^^

thanks for the body fixing ^^

Try this ESP:  attachicon.gifBlacksmithGirl.esp

Merura body is http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35748/?

Merura textures is SG, but the face is not full SG textures

• 4 weeks later...

Would anyone mind explaining how I'd go about making her a playable race?

Maybe he can help you out. :)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37873-followers-player-characters/

Thanks and great work!

If I can bother you for one more question

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15224-show-your-skyrim-counterpart/?p=925009

Is that a follower you're working on or Eikichi? I noticed he had some of your stuff in his signature and wondered if this was the same.

Archived