Multiple questions from a player returning to Skyrim

utinil

Hello, I would first like to apologize if this is posted in the wrong spot, or if this type of post is discouraged.  I recently reinstalled Skyrim and wish to have a much more pleasant time than I did in the past.  Prior the game became near unplayable due to my actions, things like installing CBBE, over UNP, over another body mod, using armors not compatible with certain bodies, and other nonsense.  I would appreciate some feedback on the direction I am taking and answers to a few simple questions.

I have yet to install anything, I have simply downloaded the following to get ready.

Character:

UNP Topmodel

The Eyes of Beauty

SG Hair Pack 268

ApachiiSkyHair (mostly because I know it is used by a couple of mods I want to get)

Enhanced Character Edit

XPMS 1-93a skeleton

Sporty Sexy Sweat (not 100% sold on this one)

I still need some good texture mods, a good sexy walk mod, and not sure what else

Mods, for the world

Sexlab Framework (haven't downloaded any modules yet)

Schlongs of Skyrim

Underground Bathhouse

Skyrim Beautiful Followers

Technical

Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

SKSE

FNIS

Fuz Ro Doh

SkyUI

Brawl Bugs

There are a couple of others, but they are simply downloaded as they are requirements for previously listed files or optional files, that I count as being part of the main.  Are there any really major missing files that I definitely should investigate?  

As far as Armor goes, I have found some packs that sexify most of the standard armors for female characters, but I am not sold on one specific one yet.  How hard is it to "replace" armors?  For example if I found an outfit I really liked, example and use it's visuals everywhere a female was using studded leather, while maintaining all the stats of the studded leather?

If I found an armor I really like, but it was for cbbe or something, would it cause any problems if I installed it, just to see how it looked on someone (and simply unequiped it if it wasn't good)?

There are a couple of other mods I still plan to download, such as some sexlab modules, a few specific follower mods, and some visual tweaks still.

For organizing the mods, I always used to manually do it, but have heard great things about Mod Organizer, does it slow down your system at all?

Thank you for your time, there will probably be a few other questions in the near future.

I would google the skyrim beautification project. That has a lot of nice mods that will be compatible with these adult mods. It is graphics intensive so probably not a good idea for low-end computers.

Theres quite a bit of teaching there which will help you understand cleaning and ordering mods

Hi, hope you enjoy your return to SK. SK + Mods its addictive. 

About Textures: SG Textures Renewal are great, and they come with a swat option. 

For followers i like Amazing Follower Twearks over UFO. 

Have Fun!!!

Mod Organizer absolutely does not slow down your system because it doesn't run while Skyrim does. For example, if you are looking to experiment with body types it is a godsend; you can switch from CBBE to UNP by unchecking/checking a few boxes (turn mods on, off) without worrying about which reinstalling mods in the right order so the right files get overwritten. Don't like an armor? Don't uninstall it, disable it. You might change your mind later ;)

For a quality technical setup start here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50214/? . It assumes you'll be using an ENB - and if you are looking for nice visuals and ENB is pretty much necessary. If your machine isn't exactly strong at least use the memory management part of ENB.  Skyrim has been plagued in the past with CTDs due to memory management designed for a console being overloaded by PC mods. The ENB tweaks and the SKSE 1.7 alpha will reduce them to nearly 0. Trust me, this is essential now.

Finally, check out the STEP Project, http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page . Their Core install is a good base to start from, bug fix, gameplay and visually. The first part, which I strongly recommend, will set up MO along with the essential support tools (BOSS, Boss Userlist Manager, Tes5Edit [magic in this one]). 

Enjoy. I've got a very heavily customized game base now, based on the two essentials above and the game looks delicious and plays for hours and hours without crashing. 

Mod Organizer 

Mod Organizer is an absolute must for mod management. This isn't hyperbole either. Nevermind overwriting parts of mods with subsequently installed mods. . . everything is clean and pristine, and a directory is created in memory before loading the game. TADAA!! Load order perfection.

I third the Mod Organizer install. Get it, use it, learn it and then realize that it's the RIGHT way to mod Bethesda games. There is no better alternative.

Your list of mods look good to me. I use the Top Model body myself (I use it at lower weights and the boobs still jiggle nicely) and I like thinner characters in my game. The ONLY downside is there isn't a hell of a lot of stuff for it. But the good news is that if you use Top Model at lower weights you can use regular base UNP stuff with it and it will hardly change the body size/shape at all. And the Brokefoot armor mashup (with TBBP) is also available for Top Model so that is a major plus.

Here is a TBBP run and walk animation that works nicely with Top Model.

Check out the Red1313 idle animation thread here on LL, too, so your can get a nice looking idle.

Archived