Idea for armor / clothing port

Ryanhabs

• 2 weeks later...

I'd totally love that armor, especially if someone converted it to CBBEv3. :D

anyone know how to download from some of those sites? because i cant read chinese and the download button wont work.

there is one where it has like the 115 free download sign up' date=' but it wont work. the captcha things wont show up or the verification method, whatever one they use.

[/quote']

For those "115" downloads, look where the green/blue/red buttons are and click on the white on to the right of them to download.

it takes about 5mins to import an oblivion armor and attach a skyrim skin modifier on it and export if you have the oblivion skeleton setup properly lol (assuming you dont care about matching skin colors, dismemberments, weight sliders). The problem is what happens after the export. gotta fiddle with stuff in nifskope, and the more detached objects there are the longer it takes, even more so because nifskope operations also start taking longer the more stuff there is (might just be my computer).

I'd totally love that armor' date=' especially if someone converted it to CBBEv3. :D

anyone know how to download from some of those sites? because i cant read chinese and the download button wont work.

there is one where it has like the 115 free download sign up, but it wont work. the captcha things wont show up or the verification method, whatever one they use.

For those "115" downloads, look where the green/blue/red buttons are and click on the white on to the right of them to download.

huh, for some reason that button wasnt showing up in Comodo Dragon.....odd. oh well, its working in Chrome. thank you!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

TT what you do is import the skyrim body first, then import my skeleton, then import an oblivion armor but dont bring in the skeleton (this way it attaches itself to my skeleton), then skin wrap all the objects on the oblivion armor onto the skyrim body parts. export, bring textures over, fix hierarchy/blocks in nifskope, put it in game.

video seems fine on 480p in fullscreen though

Thanks for the vids. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and make a few attempts. I had been trying to just re-craft the armor from scratch in 3ds max. Thats a lot of freakin work! It has brought my respect level to a whole new level for all the modders that do this stuff all the time.

lol once u watch that video ull realize how boring' date=' easy, and mundane porting stuff is unless youre actually trying to make it fit with cbbe or something :P.

[/quote']

true, and thats why i suffer xD, cause im fixing the armors/dresses to the tnt bodys(athena and hera). Still im gratefull for ur bones xD.

I have been working on fixing that but I'm not really making any progress at all. Besides the fact that I'm really just learning all this stuff from scratch, I have also been having an oddly warm winter here in SC which has me golfing almost every other morning. Today was 76 degrees here... its fucking Feb 2nd and I was driving around with my convertible top down in a tee shirt and shorts! LOL

Anyways I'm half debating on just redoing the whole armor set from scratch. I have 3ds max 2012 and figure what better way to get to know the program than just dive right in and try to make something.

I would just like to throw in here that I would love to see valkyrie armor. Like from valkyrie profile. Or lightning for FF13-2.

I asked on the nexus but all i got was HURRR NOT LORE FRIENDLY!!!!

*edit - Ha funny I look on the nexus and I see this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7683.

I mean it is ok. But I was hoping for something more like this

lL4BZ.jpg

I think I see why no one has ported this tera armor yet. The mesh seems to have strange weighting around the armpits which messes the upper part of the body up.

6073310498_9d26ef82d0_b.jpg

Actually, no..it's because we are all too lazy and want to wait for others to do it for us. I have it, and there are no issues with the armpits. Of course, I weighted it to a custom CBBE body with physics, so the old weights would be a non-issue, right?:D Have to make sure the pits don't armpit areas don't get 'grabbed' by the breast bones, lol Try to imagine how it would look with the Dark String outfit underneath it.....SSSSSSSSSSSSmokin' !!

Any port is just an arrangement of flat triangles that LOOKS hot or cool because it covers this or reveals that. Weight painting can be boring compared to shaping a mesh, but it is great to see the results! Check out Alivecock's Dragonplate Armor thread in the Adult Mods section. There should be a youtube video of some experimental weighting I did...

• 9 months later...

Archived