BlueSky - canceled SexoutNG port

Sorry if this is a stupid question' date=' but what are the animation limitations you reference?

[/quote']

It is impossible to add new animations to skyrim at this time.

The closest modders can get is to *overwrite* existing animations. Bethesda seems to be refusing to address the issue. If the team behind SKSE is extremely smart, they might be able to come up with a work around, but that will take many weeks, if not months.

A sex mod without sex animations is pretty pointless.

Bugger' date=' I was set to buy Skyrim myself as soon as it came down in price, but now with the animation debarcle, I'm going to give it a miss till there's a workaround..........

Guess I may just wait for FO4 and hope they don't screw that up too.

[/quote']

Bet your last dollar that FO4 will use the new CK with papyrus and everything. It *might* fix the animation situation but I wouldn't bet on it. FO4 I will buy anyway, because I love the franchise. I don't really care about TES though, and only bought skyrim to get my pervert on. To say I am disappointed in this situation is an understatement.

I have a question for prideslayer' date=' Is the sexoutNG port going to have a fake esm plugin or esp plugin? And just wondering Why is this suspended?[/u']

The first post was updated with a mini rant on why it is suspended.

I don't know what you mean by "fake plugin."

You know a fake FalloutNV.esm to make the sexout mods to go the menus and stuff in skyrim.

Well' date=' apparently you can add custom animations w/o replacing existing ones. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10748 its not perfect, but its a start.

But its your mod, so if you want to keep it suspended its all good:)

[/quote']

All JoshNZ did was take a method discovered *here* at LL and discussed at length and implement it in an extremely dangerous and damaging way... and it most certainly DOES replace current animations, it just does racial substitution. It just might be the dirtiest (meaning unclean edits) mod I have ever seen. In its current state, it WILL break your game. Now, if he can clean it up, actually credit his source instead of claiming credit, remove the dirty edits to base classes and, I'm not joking, the thousands of unnecessary edits, this might be something we can all look at as a possible solution. Racial substitution is not a new solution and his implementation is not even rudimentary, it's actually dangerous. With all that said though, it IS a baseline from which people can work with. It is a *last resort* solution though since it's the easiest way to achieve our goal... and easy isn't always best.

When I have time, I am actively investigating solutions and keeping my eye on the sex animations thread where we've been discussing the issue and looking for solutions. As soon as there is one that seems like it's going to work, and isn't going to require too much hoop jumping to add anims, I'll be back to work on this.

The suspension is indefinite just because I don't want to raise any more false hope than I already have. I haven't given up on the mod -- it would say 'canceled' rather than 'suspended' if I had. ;)

I wondered about Josh's mod, it sounded like it did indeed damage an install and at this point i just am not interested in messing up my entire Skyrim project and mod work for one glitzhy mod and a few seconds of virtual nookie. I hope you and other more responsible modders can figure out ways around the animation limitation, thanks for trying.

I wondered about Josh's mod' date=' it sounded like it did indeed damage an install and at this point i just am not interested in messing up my entire Skyrim project and mod work for one glitzhy mod and a few seconds of virtual nookie. I hope you and other more responsible modders can figure out ways around the animation limitation, thanks for trying.

[/quote']

At present I've installed no skyrim mods myself. Initially I held off while waiting on an updated FOMM, but that was abandoned, so I'm having to do that work myself (skyrim support). In the mean time, I'm not installing anything except my own stuff as I test. I refuse to install any mods in a beth game without a good manager to "undo" any damage that gets done.

NMM is junk from what I hear, causing no end of problems with FONV, so I won't be using that either -- even though (I believe) it is by the same author as FOMM.

NMM is junk from what I hear' date=' causing no end of problems with FONV, so I won't be using that either -- even though (I believe) it is by the same author as FOMM.

[/quote']

It certainly seems that way. Same naming convention, same file formats, and no SKMM in sight. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same dev.

NMM is junk from what I hear' date=' causing no end of problems with FONV, so I won't be using that either -- even though (I believe) it is by the same author as FOMM.

[/quote']

It certainly seems that way. Same naming convention, same file formats, and no SKMM in sight. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same dev.

Once I have the current crop of SexoutNG issues fixed, I intend to turn my attention back to adding support for skyrim to FOMM. I won't change the name, at least not initially, but adding in skyrim support should be pretty easy from the looks of it. I had started work on my own MM (I wanted to call it LLMM but thought that was going too far without asking ashal, so settled on the narcissistic PSMM) and then realized that FOMM is FOSS (GPL), so modifying it would probably be a better course.

There's a thread for it in the fallout area under 'general' that I'll get moved somewhere else once I have an initial working version. I'm shooting for tomorrow.

Yup, I am aware; I do development for a living, though mostly on BSD licensed stuff.

I finally broke down and bought VS2012, the express editions just were not cutting it any more. Solutions seem to be converting without any problems so hopefully tomorrow will be very productive on the FOMM front.

People could always use Wrye Bash for mods' date=' unless there is something it doesn't do that fomm does?

[/quote']

I only messed with it once, the oblivion version (I don't know if they're different). Compared to FOMM it was just clunky and unwieldy. It's not something I want to use personally as a modder and developer, so I'm not going to ask even less technically inclined (generally) players to use it.