Need help fixing Armor Mesh in NifSkope to get in game.

darksoul517

• Can someone help me I edited a mesh using NifSkope by combining two meshes and re-sizing one of the meshes. It displays fine in the Creation Kit but upon modded in game it causes a CTD upon equip or sometimes one of the meshes doesn't display.

• I am uncertain if this kind of help can be asked here but I could post the mesh (but not textures since I own nither.) of what I am trying to do if I am allowed.

When you combined the 2 meshes did you also make copy's of the texture files that the outfit pieces use and place them into the folder of the texture file for that mesh? When you combine armor pieces you need to place them into the folder of whichever texture folder that the mesh folder is using. Say you combined bandit armor with stormcloak armor and you leave the meshes in the stormcloak mesh folder then you would have to copy the texture files for the bandit armor pieces that you are using and place them into the stormcloaks texture folder and also change the texture path for the armor pieces in the meshes to the stormcloak texture folder path. If not that can cause CTD's on equip and invisible armor or messed up textures.

Do either one of the armor pieces have BBP/TBBP on them? If either one of them does it could be because you don't have the skeleton for the BPP/TBBP which will also cause a CTD 

When you combined the 2 meshes did you also make copy's of the texture files that the outfit pieces use and place them into the folder of the texture file for that mesh? When you combine armor pieces you need to place them into the folder of whichever texture folder that the mesh folder is using. Say you combined bandit armor with stormcloak armor and you leave the meshes in the stormcloak mesh folder then you would have to copy the texture files for the bandit armor pieces that you are using and place them into the stormcloaks texture folder and also change the texture path for the armor pieces in the meshes to the stormcloak texture folder path. If not that can cause CTD's on equip and invisible armor or messed up textures.

Do either one of the armor pieces have BBP/TBBP on them? If either one of them does it could be because you don't have the skeleton for the BPP/TBBP which will also cause a CTD 

• I think so when I combined the two meshes The textures came with them i copied the NiTriShape which had the textures on them from one and pasted it in the NiNode of the other but only one piece of the armor shows. But ill try moving the mesh of both of the armors to the same folder and see if that works.
  • I am modding a hood type of armor for males so no BBP/TBBP is involved.

Archived