I think thats just how most of the hairs from that mod are like. You should try this to give better textures and colours.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5152

O really? I saw that there's a "textures/a" folder which has many .dds files that look like blonde' date=' some red hair texture etc. Are those not supposed to be used by the mod? Also the screenshot shown in the first post shows otherwise.

[/quote']

Yeah the originals should have a bunch of colours, some brown, some blonde etc. If they are all brown then maybe something is wrong. Though if its not finding the textures I would have thought they would be showing purple or something.

The correct path for the hair textures should be "...\skyrim\data\textures\a\"

Weird. That's where I put them. This is making me rage because there really are some awesome hairstyles in here. D:

Oh well. I'll try poking around it some more.

Hmm when i tested them last night, granted I didn't check ALL the colors but I did adjust colors for a few of them and they all seemed to be working. I think the original beautiful hairs are mostly dark brown/brown but you can adjust them a little. The new ones though, I was getting bright red and really light blonde from some of them.

Are you able to adjust the color slider at all? Also, check the file path to the hair meshes folder to see if they match and make sure your data file is checked. You might also need to uninstall any old version of beautiful hairs you had.

For some reason it doesn't work on my latest save but there are no issues when I start a new game. Good I just started playing so rerolling a new chara won't be a problem. Thanks for your help.

O really? I saw that there's a "textures/a" folder which has many .dds files that look like blonde' date=' some red hair texture etc. Are those not supposed to be used by the mod? Also the screenshot shown in the first post shows otherwise.

[/quote']

Yeah the originals should have a bunch of colours, some brown, some blonde etc. If they are all brown then maybe something is wrong. Though if its not finding the textures I would have thought they would be showing purple or something.

Weird. That's where I put them. This is making me rage because there really are some awesome hairstyles in here. D:

Hmm when i tested them last night, granted I didn't check ALL the colors but I did adjust colors for a few of them and they all seemed to be working. I think the original beautiful hairs are mostly dark brown/brown but you can adjust them a little. The new ones though, I was getting bright red and really light blonde from some of them.

Are you able to adjust the color slider at all? Also, check the file path to the hair meshes folder to see if they match and make sure your data file is checked. You might also need to uninstall any old version of beautiful hairs you had.

For some reason it doesn't work on my latest save but there are no issues when I start a new game. Good I just started playing so rerolling a new chara won't be a problem. Thanks for your help.

lol That's just weird. I did look at the meshes file path as opposed to the textures and they are VASTLY different. The mesh file path goes all the way into characters/characterassets/hair/female. The textures only go into textures/a that might be one problem. Try moving the texture files to the same path as the meshes and see if that fixes anything.

Yeah the originals should have a bunch of colours' date=' some brown, some blonde etc. If they are all brown then maybe something is wrong. Though if its not finding the textures I would have thought they would be showing purple or something.

[/quote']

lol That's just weird. I did look at the meshes file path as opposed to the textures and they are VASTLY different. The mesh file path goes all the way into characters/characterassets/hair/female. The textures only go into textures/a that might be one problem. Try moving the texture files to the same path as the meshes and see if that fixes anything.

No you dont want to do that. The meshes from beautiful hair should have their own folder in characters/character assets/hair/female/Beautiful hair/. The meshes are coded to look for the textures in textures/a/. Moving them will just give you more trouble. :P

But yes because the hair textures that come with Beautiful hair already have their own colours in the textures, trying to pick other colours is more like throwing a tone onto it that only serves to darken them down a bit. So if you change the colour to where normally hair would go white, you would get how the hair is actually coloured by default.

Thats why I recommended earlier in the thread to get the Beautiful Hair Retexture mod from here http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5152. That will make the hairs work properly with Skyrim's hair colour slider.

Why is it whenever i use these or any other hair mods they don't fit on my characters head? Is anyone else having this problem? It always seems like the hair is off center or hovering just above the scalp so it looks really unnatural.

The only hairs that look weird for me are the new terra hairs if I don't have the weight slider to the max. I have never even heard of the problem you are experiencing.

Try checking your meshes and textures that they are installed correctly.

I have issues with beautiful hairs 1.3. Some of the new hairs added and even a few of the ones that were fine before have become weird. Like a bunch of them look like they are sitting a bit above the head letting you see your bald head undernieth. Its like they have been warped a bit or something. I thought at first it might be related to the weight slider, but messing with that didnt change them at all.

-1.jpg

... What armor is that?

Oh, also thank you for giving us the hair... But may I ask how to fix the beautiful people hair? Since all I get now is a black color for all of them... And some of them appear to be missing some accessory/textures.

Edit: Beautiful Hairs, not Beautiful People Hair... Whoops.

-1.jpg

... What armor is that?

Oh' date=' also thank you for giving us the hair... But may I ask how to fix the beautiful people hair? Since all I get now is a black color for all of them... And some of them appear to be missing some accessory/textures.

Edit: Beautiful Hairs, not Beautiful People Hair... Whoops.

[/quote']

Armor - look for "dynasty" in the nexus.

Nice work Sisgood! congrats ;)

for some reason my beautiful hairs dont fit onto the head of my character. Some of the hairs are floating way above the head' date=' any idea why its like that?

Yeh, I think quite a few people have noticed this (I know I have - there seem to be a LOT in the "Beautiful Hair" mod). It doesn't seem to be a problem with installation - it's more likely (??) something to do with the construction of the mods themselves at this early stage, or with some mods not playing nicely with others. Maybe (hopefully) some of the hair mods will be re-visited down the track & it'll be fixed.

:idea: I'm using a hair from (I think) the Tera pack featured right here on this site & it looks pretty good - other hair types in that set though have the problem you've described (in this case, seeming to sit just a little too far forward on the head).

for some reason my beautiful hairs dont fit onto the head of my character. Some of the hairs are floating way above the head' date=' any idea why its like that?

Yeh, I think quite a few people have noticed this (I know I have - there seem to be a LOT in the "Beautiful Hair" mod). It doesn't seem to be a problem with installation - it's more likely (??) something to do with the construction of the mods themselves at this early stage, or with some mods not playing nicely with others. Maybe (hopefully) some of the hair mods will be re-visited down the track & it'll be fixed.

:idea: I'm using a hair from (I think) the Tera pack featured right here on this site & it looks pretty good - other hair types in that set though have the problem you've described (in this case, seeming to sit just a little too far forward on the head).

The meshes are just too big in general and in addition to that, badly positioned. I sized the one I liked the most down for myself so it fits better. I think this comparision shows pretty clearly what's going on:

3czV6.png

Also hello, first post n stuff.

ya..... I applied these mods and now half the hairs are just bald...

-_-

still doesn't work' date=' installed it manually... just a ton of bald hairs, maybe 2 new ones D:

[/quote']

check that you don`t have two esp

called Beautiful Hair and BeautifulHair delete the last

helped my bald problem.

i have bad english writing i`know

The meshes are just too big in general and in addition to that, badly positioned. I sized the one I liked the most down for myself so it fits better. I think this comparision shows pretty clearly what's going on:

3czV6.png

Also hello, first post n stuff.

can you please share your fixed version?

Found a couple of new hairs here' date=' "Lovely Hairstyles".

http://115.com/file/ans19ntx

[/quote']

Kinda funny we are linking a relink of a skyrimnexus mod XD

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7403

I haven't been looking around Nexus too much lately besides my tracked files. But if I ever do have the need to make my Fus Ro Dah sound like someone off of Jersey Shore, that will be the first place I look, rest assured.