Follower Mods cause CTD

BlackArk

Found some follower mods and realized they were UNP based bodies while I use CBBE.
I tried to change the body mesh but it causes CTD. (Anybody know if this is possible?)

So I just went along with the UNP bodies and found that one particular follower causes a CTD, the elf follower.

Also found some followers that I believe were deleted from the nexus and added them but they lacked tbbp and stuff. Tried to add TBBP UNP body meshes and I get CTD. Sophia follower.

Another one deleted from the nexus tried to add tbbp but I get a neck seam because the follower had a different body scale? Pamela follower

If anybody can help me sort out the issues or teach me how to fix them I would very much appreciate it. I finally got my mods set up and working Now I'm just adding pretty followers.

got these off 3dm. Not sure if I am allowed to post them but I cannot understand their posts so I cannot figure out how to troubleshoot them. :(

Also I got a lamp follower mod and while the additional light is great. It blocks my path too often. Is there a way to permanently disable collusion for that one follower so I can just walk through it.

Load order is fine. Removing the changes I make to the body meshes the game loads up fine, Except that one elf follower.

Could it be conflicting mods? The elf follower does not overwrite anything though and all I did was correct the follower names cause they were not showing up properly in game.

Elf Follower from 3DM.zip

Sophia follower.zip

Pamela Follower.zip

Could it possibly be that they are not standalone followers or they have an incompatible skeleton? Need to check when I get the chance.

After every follower starts to work properly, with the new merge mods script I intend to merge all my followers into one esp.

Not skeleton... Darn still not working.

Edit: apparently it was an issue with some physics. Fixed but... Now my saves somehow all got reset... I load save file and My character race is switched to nord and all mods begin installation process... T-T All armors I have forged and found are gone. As if the save file got cleaned out back to default.

weird alot, you just need replace body meshes and skeleton female nifs, its for sure another problem (mod)  not skeleton at all doing that mess at game.

what you ned change its : femalebody_0.nif and 1 , 1stpersonfemalehands_0.nif and 1, femalefeet_0.nif and 1 , femalehands_0.nif and 1, femalehead.nif , skeleton_female.hkx , skeletonbeast_female.nif (dnt need really hands,head and feet, but its better to get sure), just need copy of you regular body all things necessary there and replace the followers with that andleast i do that and works fine.

What i do before installing any follower mod is decompile the Zip/rar/7z in a random folder on my desktop and then swap out any files for body (mesh. textures, skeleton) with those from my game install folder (using Adec manga DM v3) then recompile the mod back into original file type (zip/rar/7z) and rename it exactly as it was originally named that way NMM still recognizes it for nexus update notifications. With a basic understanding of Skyrims Data folder structure this entire process can be done in a minute or less for each companion. not including time to recompile mods. I usually just start compiling and go grab a drink or use bathroom and when i come back they are done.

--Currently running follower mods--

Dragon Break <2 followers - believe these use game files for body>

Alicia Painslut <Mesh, textures and skeleton, Skeleton was for Ali i believe>

Bijin warmaidens <Mesh and textures for everyone (includes Frea and Rayya) except Aela>

ALL Fabulous follower mods (redguard, imperial, Nord, Breton) <Mesh, textures>

Viconia <mesh, textures>

Vijia of skyrim <Dont remember if i changed these, most recent update was a while back she looks right and works fine though>

RK followers <mesh, textures>

Reiko Senjua <mesh textures>

Dralora of vivec <mesh, textures>

Rawia Ashar-Dan <mesh, textures>

Juliette <mesh textures>

Maids 2 <believe Kasia uses seperate files from all the others added by this mod. so had to place Meshes x2, textures x2. not to mention had to switch some of the clothing with manga clothes so they didn't all run around in unp or cbbe clothes>

And i believe that covers them all.

Personally glad to be able to uses separate files for each of those different followers, It allows me to make a seperate texture for them with different tattoos than the one i use which is shared amongst all generic NPCs unfortunately.

I think I got it semi-stable. I just avoid the sophia follower as it is causing me headaches. I moved my skeleton higher in priority and a few other things.

what do you mean you moved your skeleton higher in priority. (in your load order?)

I think I got it semi-stable. I just avoid the sophia follower as it is causing me headaches. I moved my skeleton higher in priority and a few other things.

what do you mean you moved your skeleton higher in priority. (in your load order?)

He must be using Mod Organizer. It allows you to control what overwrites what (over "reads" would be a more accurate description really) independent of the load order.

It's a far superior means of modding for sure.

Archived