Can someone please explain how to install this?

The hi rez folder only includes 3 files, do i just place it in the female textures folder without renaming?

What exactly am i supposed to rename the molina/cheryl files to and what is the difference between vag01, vag02 and hotsex? I cant find any screenshots of the three different types?

Also how do i compress them for normal use?

You might want to try something a little simpler to install, no offense but you must choose what files from the data pack to use it is meant for advanced users that already understand the game texture file structures and how they are used in game. The ones with head in the name are for the face textures, the ones with body in the name are body texture variations and they require renaming to proper name.

The high res folder is normal maps only so yes you can copy over without renaming if that is your intention

There are screen shots in the mod file for you to compare otherwise just open them up in paint.net or photoshop and have a look yourself to see the difference.

Why would you need to compress them? or are you refering to the fact they are uncompressed normals? That means something completly different.

If you still need help PM me and I will help you because all Bethesda games need more Kendo.

@Question

I've received your PM.  Imperfection has offered to assist you.

@Imperfection

Thank you for the assist and the kind words.

No THANK YOU for the awesome mods and contributions to the community, I cant play any Beth games without something of yours in it :D

Can someone please explain how to install this?

The hi rez folder only includes 3 files, do i just place it in the female textures folder without renaming?

What exactly am i supposed to rename the molina/cheryl files to and what is the difference between vag01, vag02 and hotsex? I cant find any screenshots of the three different types?

Also how do i compress them for normal use?

You might want to try something a little simpler to install, no offense but you must choose what files from the data pack to use it is meant for advanced users that already understand the game texture file structures and how they are used in game. The ones with head in the name are for the face textures, the ones with body in the name are body texture variations and they require renaming to proper name.

The high res folder is normal maps only so yes you can copy over without renaming if that is your intention

There are screen shots in the mod file for you to compare otherwise just open them up in paint.net or photoshop and have a look yourself to see the difference.

Why would you need to compress them? or are you refering to the fact they are uncompressed normals? That means something completly different.

If you still need help PM me and I will help you because all Bethesda games need more Kendo.

Isnt this just a texture replacement pack?

I know i'm supposed to rename the files, but what am i supposed to rename them to?

For example my females textures folder currently has upperbodyfemale, upperbodyfemale_n and upperbodyfemale_sk. The upperbodyfemale_n got replaced by the one in the hi-res folder, okay. So am i supposed to rename the molina/cheryl files to upperbodyfemale or upperbodyfemale_sk?

In either the Cheryl or Molina folder, copy and rename the body texture of your choice to upperbodyfemale.  Copy and rename the head texture of your choice to headhuman.  The renamed files go in this folder; Data\textures\characters\female.

To use the hi rez normal maps; copy and paste them into the Data\textures\characters\female folder.

For example my females textures folder currently has upperbodyfemale, upperbodyfemale_n and upperbodyfemale_sk. The upperbodyfemale_n got replaced by the one in the hi-res folder, okay. So am i supposed to rename the molina/cheryl files to upperbodyfemale or upperbodyfemale_sk?

Question, keep in mind that if your using vanilla race and overwrite the textures in \textures\character\female folder this will apply to all females in the game which is fine if thats acceptable to you. If not then you may want to look at Mojave Delight which Kendo supplied the textures for, this is a custom race and that allows the textures to be unique to your character.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44312/?

Also having photoshop (not free) or paint.net (free) will allow you to open the dds textures files and see what they actualy are, the "_sk" file is actually a  small blackish square. This helped me alot when learning the games structure and how texturers are used in game and what names they are, when you see whats in the file it makes more sense as to which ones to match up.

Hope this helps and again if you need help let me know.

No defintly not supposed to look like that, shojo or children of the waste mod or custom body? Can you confirm what that is?

As far as I know CW uses Dimons base HD body model (looking thru some meshes from CWclothes) so should have compatable UV but not sure about the head mesh. Does it look that way with nude body? or Vanilla Race?

Archive Invalidation toggle off then back on?

Almost looks like bad or wrong shader on mesh but I see some faint gridlines in the face, running ENB? Try without.

Thats the CW Dolls CWAngelica race. I'm using the type 3 alice body replacer though, never had any issues with it before. I'm not sure if the type 3 alice body is even being used though, since the race data in the geck points to \childupperbody.nif but there is no such .nif in my meshes folder.

I can see it when my character is nude, but it doesnt seem to affect NPCs using vanilla races.

Im using the .bsa version of archive invalidation.

Yea im using ENB, lucent's default preset to be exact. Turning ENB off by moving all the related files to another folder seems to remove the pixellated effect. Any idea if any ENB settings might be causing this?

Also i noticed that there are two weird circles at the chest area but they are only visible in doors for some reason....see pic.

post-24451-0-45181800-1440223516_thumb.jpg

If the nif is not in your folder then it most likely comes from bsa file, you can use bsa browser in tools menu of FOMM to look at contents to track down and manually extract to check it out. Could be it has bad shader defined or something. You could also I suppose put the replacer alice mesh in the same path you see in the geck and rename childupperbody.nif as this will force it to use the one in the folder instead of bsa, at least as quick test.

My first impression was uv was not matching but if you say it goes away with enb then try just enb base files without any custom and see if still have problem if not then try other enb. Could also be AA enabled in game launcher and or video card driver has AA enabled, it should be both off for enb. The other thought was some kind of oversampling resolution or transparancy multisampling setting that was not working right. I have nvidia card and use nvdia inspector to disable AA in driver as nvidia drivers only allows enhance or app controlled.

Odd that it does not affect vanilla races with enb on though, makes me think somethings odd with the body / head mesh for that race.

Also i noticed that there are two weird circles at the chest area but they are only visible in doors for some reason....see pic.

Open the mesh in nifskope, spells menu, update tangent space and resave mesh will fix that. By product of nif exporter from blender, does it every time.

Sorry for the late reply. Turns out it was ENB's ambient occulsion that was causing the problem.

As for the mesh, i was looking at the male tab in the GECK so it wasnt showing the correct files. It looks like that particular race uses CWdolls' "Asuka" mesh and textures. Changing it isnt a problem, but it looks like the body used for the armor is still overwriting the race's actual body mesh an textures. Is there a way to get the armor to use the actual body instead of overwriting it?

Also thanks for the tangent space thing, i didnt know that.

Sorry for the late reply. Turns out it was ENB's ambient occulsion that was causing the problem.

As for the mesh, i was looking at the male tab in the GECK so it wasnt showing the correct files. It looks like that particular race uses CWdolls' "Asuka" mesh and textures. Changing it isnt a problem, but it looks like the body used for the armor is still overwriting the race's actual body mesh an textures. Is there a way to get the armor to use the actual body instead of overwriting it?

Also thanks for the tangent space thing, i didnt know that.

Could be conflict with ambient setting on video card driver messing with ENB,

For the armor if it contains the body mesh then that's what will be used (overrides your custom), textures will still be defined in your race. You would have to "fix" the armor mesh directly in nifskope and or blender both depending on the mesh by replacing the body mesh with your races body mesh. An example of this would be any of the type 3 or male equipment replacers as that's why they have those, the UV for vanilla body does match the replacer mesh so you get weird stretching or nipples on your back. They took each of the vanilla armors and re-rigged and shaped to the custom body.

If armor piece is upper body slot it will almost always contain the body mesh, alternative to above would be deleting body mesh, decaps,  with block > remove branch, spell remove bogus nodes resave nif and in geck or xedit change the slot from upperbody to bodyaddon1 for instance. Problem with this will be weight paints may not match your custom body and may move incorrectly with it.

Yes will display empty space, the white part on ears is not ts problem, either texture or normal map is designed that way is my guess because of perfect edge. If you have any more questions we should start new thread or pm me as I don't want to fill Kendo's thread with non-related issues.

• 1 year later...