Unofficial Patches

m3dicat3d

Doing a fresh install from a system image I made when I built my comp (speficallyĀ to play a moddedĀ Skyrim on) and for the first time, I am going to go ahead and install the unoffical patches (I was always afraidĀ to install it mid-game before).

Ā 

My question has to do with the unoffical texture patch though.Ā Since I already have the official high res texture packs (packs 01, 02 and 03), how do I proceed with the unofficial high res patch? Should I remove Beth's first or is this something I can install with Beth's already installed?

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Good Christ! I would have to post something that I found the answer for only seconds after asking the question... DOH!

Ā 

NVM and thanks anyhow!

Then correct me on this...

Ā 

I was going off of the SMIM description page, though I have used the Skyrim HD 2K packs in the past as well. To be honest, I feel like whenever I get my mods working right it's just as much on accident as it is with me trying to read up and piece together what I can beforehand. The SMIM page doesn't reference the 2k packs, but as I've said, I've used them before.

Ā 

So my question then is, are you referring to the 2k packs or another set? And whichever you mean, I am assuming that you are running only those in the absence of the official high res packs and/or the unofficial high res patch? I just want to be clear on this as I still feel like my grasp on modding is loose at best... whichever texture packs I use, I either use the official/unofficial, or something like the 4 Skyrim HD 2k packs, but not both (as it would seem I'd be overwriting the hell out of things unnecessarily)

Ā 

And thanks psammeticus!

Ā 

Archived