Brawls and What Not Won't Work!

I think it started after I got Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

If trying to join the Companions I get told 'we don't do magic around here' and things halt. But I'm NOT using magic.

If trying to brawl with Unbroken she ends up attacking with her weapon and she becomes broken.

Anyone else have this problem? Fix?

Feel free to use magic, they don't reinforce any of that lore stuff. alteration stone skin and healing are pretty much the go to.

Side note though, brawls are demented in this game, After hours of bashing your fists into the opponent some random npc will walk in front of your punch and call the guards eventually.

Find the Brawl Bug Patch on Nexus and install it.  This will take care of almost all of the brawl issues.  The problem comes from mod authors not correctly setting up cloak effects.  The cloak effect is detected as a spell during the brawl, so the brawl is aborted or turned into a real fight.  Make sure to put the patch near the top of the load order (if using BOSS, it should place it appropriately).

Archived