I Need skyrim FPS help!

Guest _kuraiko

You could try lowering the quality of various effects like depth of field or subsurface scattering in your enbseries.ini file. For example under SSAO_SSIL if it reads SamplingQuality=0 or even -1 try setting these to 1. Not sure about any real visual differences this makes... though it usually does the trick for me.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39742/?

This is a pretty detailed guide of what the various settings do.

ENB's will drop your framerate but there are some things you can do to reduce it:

Turn off Ambient Occlusion and DOF

Reduce or turn off Anistropic Filtering, most ENB's seem to like setting it to max (x16)

Some settings can be a heavy hit to performance. With most effects disabled I hit 70 fps outdoors and 120 indoors, currently with most everything turned on + HDT I get 25 outdoors and 40 indoors but it is still runs pretty smoothly.

Furthermore, unless you're running a very high end PC and can handle 4k of everything, generally to get more FPS you should use 2k textures for the body and face, and 1k textures for the rest of the game.

Also, be aware that iMinGrassSize in Skyrim.ini can affect your performance; anything lower than 20 will cut down your FPS, moreso if you're using SFO or any grass mod. Besides, not all skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini files are created equal, so before tweaking please save a copy of the original .ini files!

DOF for example is one you eather like or not if turned of you can see far but it also boost your FPS when turned off.

If for example you have installed FLORA and FAUNA you must install grass on streroids it boost you FPS if you change ini to for example 120.

There many ways to increase FPS  use lite textures instead 4k uncompressed textures.

Use performance ENB instead of full.

Skyrim 2k HD textures better then bethesda HD textures it increase performance plus they look better.

Good luck.

On side note don't mess to much in INI only if you realy know what your doing or you mess up your game alot.

I will bring round up the entire conversation and tell you no matter what you do, once you go for ENB, you will not get 60 FPS on your system. You can push it to ~55 maybe, but not 60.

I cannot get 60 out of 3 titans, but around 57-58 outdoors.

The increase in visual quality makes up for it. Look up the guides and keep your FPS at ~40. That is good enough for most.

Vram also helps alot, more the better.

Got high end pc with heavy modded ENB 4k textures for almost all and get around 45 fps, DoF off i have around 52 fps.

I don't use floras and fauna or grass on steroids.

Instead using more fps friendly tamriel reloaded.(offcorse it all have to do with what you prefer flora give more grass and flowers.)

Archived