is my pc considered a high/med end machine?

M.BISON

hello

i sometimes wonder if my pc can handle certain graphics mods and so on

my specs:

cpu -  i5 4670K 3.40GHz (haswell)

graphics - msi gtx 770 lighting 2gb

MB - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H

memory - 8gb

Can run 2k tex + high demand enbs (Just don't expect 60 fps) w/o a lot of "Populated" mods.

My rig:

2 x cpu - Xeon 4 cores

Graphics - R9 - 270X OC

MB - Dell S99

Memory - 48 GB

Runs RealVision at max 60 fps (But it's not a demanding enb Q_Q)

hello

my specs:

memory - 8gb

Can run 2k tex + high demand enbs (Just don't expect 60 fps) w/o a lot of "Populated" mods.

My rig:

2 x cpu - Xeon 4 cores

Graphics - R9 - 270X OC

MB - Dell S99

Memory - 48 GB

48 GB! Just for gaming? Or does the NSA rent time on it?

Decent PC its not high end but you prolly can run skyrim on ultra also depends on what you install and use.

60 FPS is high on avarage you have to have damn good pc to run 60fps with everything on unless you use performance enb and lite package for textures.

Don't use bethesda HD textures use skyrim HD 2k textures there more efficient and looks even better then the crap bethesda made.

I run 45 fps but all on 4k textures with enb2560x1440 but my rig is high end. 4GB vram 290x, Vram is very importend for heavy high res textures.

Om 1080p HD your system is good.

hello

my specs:

memory - 8gb

My rig:

2 x cpu - Xeon 4 cores

Graphics - R9 - 270X OC

MB - Dell S99

Memory - 48 GB

48 GB! Just for gaming? Or does the NSA rent time on it?

Well, my desktop is a server though :s. I have 2 cpus on it

does everyone use ssd for windows and games? because i didnt buy an ssd cost too much and i was already over my budget

windows seems fast enough for me right now but at the moment im using 1TB hdd for everything

do you think its a good idea to use an ssd for games only and leave windows on the mechanical drive its already on?

Only get an SSD if you want faster loading times for the operating system (and a few games that are normally slow to load), but otherwise a hard drive that has SATA-3, AHCI and NLQ support and 7200rpm disk spin is acceptable... and I say only because when you want added performance at greater expense.

AHCI is important for SSDs because it allows the use of the TRIM command to extend that drive's life.

Personally, however, I prefer that Windows, turtle-loading games and very important programs be installed on the SSD, while the rest, such as documents, music, vids, smut, or anything else, should be on regular hard drives.

And above all, there are do's and don'ts floating around the interwebs on how to use and maintain SSD drives.

Archived