FG file to Save? Or....

Guest endgameaddiction

Guest carywinton

Thanks Jaam,

When I used FaceGen to FO3Edit, this is exactly what I was hoping was already done, apparently this is not the case. I need to learn how to use FO3/FNVDump and take a look at those values to see the fifth hex character and the field separator, to note the differences.

The separator could explain some small discrepancy, but not the glitch I had. The visive result was the head was going to infinite, just like when you use a BnB mesh without the proper skeleton etc., bones (and mesh) go out of range. In GECK, every face sliders was +10 or -10 and didn't allow to be changed, like if they were pointing to huge values.

I also remind you I didn't use Asymmetry, but every exported values were everything but 0. I mean, if it was for the separator, I guess I had a single wrong value, not all the rows. Cary are you sure the head orientation and its scale doesn't require a look and some adjustment in Blender? I'm not sure this is related, but when you create a "set" it tells you explicitly that your head mesh must be the most possible similar to the internal "mean face"...

Guest carywinton

My results were not quite that warped, just the facial features seemed to be out of proportion a bit and obviously did not look like the facegen representation. Apparently the "Photo" setting cannot be used when exporting the hexadecimal codes. I was trying to avoid the $300 price tag of the full program until I was sure I had a method that worked. It seems without the full program there is no way to properly export the facegen model for use in a gamebryo based game. The jury is still out over this one, stay tuned my friends we shall crack this egg eventually. :cool:

Guest endgameaddiction

Well I felt ballsy and PM'd Riven1978. Maybe he'll let me in on some secrets I can pass onto you guys.

My results were not quite that warped, just the facial features seemed to be out of proportion a bit and obviously did not look like the facegen representation.

Good to know, so my method didn't work for some reasons.

- I use NV, while downloaded extracted assets are for FO3, I didn't check if there are possible differencies.

- I used the software that shows you FaceGen hex values inside the FG files, not the one that imports datas inside the savegame

Guest carywinton

Well I felt ballsy and PM'd Riven1978. Maybe he'll let me in on some secrets I can pass onto you guys.

If you get him to answer, I will be amazed. He basically stated he was not going to help with the process of doing this and his stuff was merely a "Modders Resource".

Guest carywinton

My results were not quite that warped, just the facial features seemed to be out of proportion a bit and obviously did not look like the facegen representation.

Good to know, so my method didn't work for some reasons.

- I use NV, while downloaded extracted assets are for FO3, I didn't check if there are possible differencies.

- I used the software that shows you FaceGen hex values inside the FG files, not the one that imports datas inside the savegame

Oh yes there are differences, this is why people who have tried to bring character made in FO3 to FNV have trouble. It seems every time I find someone who may know how to do this or is smart enough to figure out where we are going wrong, they are banned, go figure. :dodgy: