Trouble with neck Seems.

Epyon#

I use the Dimonized UNP body. And for quite some time I have been seeing

seen issues with the neck seems and around the hands as well. The head

is darker then the rest of the body.

I tried the Neck seems mod to get rid of this trouble. But I figured the Dimonzed UNP

mod would not have any truubles.

Here are some screenshots of what I am talking about. Not sure if this is normal.

frl1f.jpg

2efqoo1.jpg

8wwkrt.jpg

I don't see this issue with anyone els toons that are posted in

Show your skyrim counterparts.

Didn't work. Infact I took off all the face textures and things that might interfere and made the face look blocky. But the head always seems to be darker then the rest of the body.

I am not sure what else to uninstall. I went to the female character files and deleted everything and the head is still darker then the rest of the body.

But to no avail because when I uninstalled everything from the female textures and meshes The head of the vanilla toons were still a bit darker. Is that normal?

What does your load order look like? Sometimes there's mods that screw around with the skin tones for each race, thus causing neck seams. Also, are you using a custom head mesh? Occasionally there is a specular strength mismatch between the body and head mesh which can cause the head or body to seem darker.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a perfectly seamless neck. There's always going to be a slight seam, but you can get it pretty damn close to invisible. It's just the way the game engine handles lighting.

As someone mentioned in a previous post...some mods screw with defaults for race textures...if you're doing everything else right and seams are still appearing that might be it. Try completely reinstalling your body mesh mod and then the textures on top of it and see if giving them a later load order helps?

Given that there are many workarounds that might help it if checking for the problem mod isn't something you want to do.

Collars/chokers that cover the neck

ENBs that make the seam basically disappear...know that Goddess ENB makes most characters appear seamless assuming the head/body are "close enough"

Playing as a custom race with standalone texture/mesh editting functions yourself...Lunarii...Temptress...Ningheim...etc

Even better than above if you prefer to stick with a vanilla race is use the actual mod called "custom races"

Maybe some other options are possible as well.

Archived