RCOTS Children of skyrim

Zogeno

Alright, so I find this mod, install it, (the all in one pack), and load up skyrim. Its fanfuckingtastic so far because wow do these races look great! Kudos all around and all that jazz. I see "orc child" and im like "aaawww yissss bout to get into some little green midget homicide up in here" being that orcs are my favorite race. So I make the orc child, have some fun, explore skyrim from the perspective of a little green psychopath. The only issue I run into is the daughter of the innkeeper in winterhold is almost completely invisible. So anyway a day later and I decide to make a new character. While skimming through the child races I get a sudden CTD. So I load up again, another CTD. And after tons of trial and error it seems to me that I CTD when I select the high elf child and then swap to female. Other races crash me when I am on the female gender and the sky children race crashes me when I'm on male. I've gone over this a dozen times trying to figure it out. Halp?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/326-rcots-children-of-the-sky-reworked/ The mod.

Sounds to me that you overwrote some shit for the races and when you mouse over them you get a CTD because it's looking for the parts that it needs. I have had it happen before but re installing the race mod fixed it having more then one race mod installed you run a higher risk of something getting overwritten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I want a pre-existing child npc to both join AND fight beside me with spells handpicked and fed to her/him by EFF. EDITED for clarity.

Can anyone tell me why Braith will not talk to or join from child version/fight for me if I add eff mind control into equation and force her to talk to join me. (she just runs.) As far as I can tell child version 2 bravery is supposed to be working now but it clearly is not for me. In fact I cannot see CV2 doing anything whatsoever in my game. It is as if it does not exist. I have moved the RCOTS/racemenu/racecompat/childversion files all over the place to no better effect. This is my current best guess as to where it should be but it is not working. And it bothers me that race is backwards of what I have come to expect form load orders to make mine work.

Sorry can't figure out the spoiler crap. made text document of load order.

IDRC about child version 2 I simply cannot find another mod willing to claim doing this without forcing me to abandon the RCOTs mods. any help greatly appreciated. Banging on this problem for a long time now. Thank you.

New Text Document.txt

Ok so now all the males work and it is exclusively females that crash. And the ones that do work have black shiny bodies from neck to foot.

Missing textures files overiding others cause that.

Ive installed all CoTS R2 and RCoTS plus all follower mods and worked all fine np at all.

I even use NMM and have np at all with any mod.

But maybe best if your new use MO so you have a more secure install and less problems if you don't know what your doing.

Use LOOT it's a must(BOSS is outdated don't use that one anymore).

• 1 month later...

Just a question, I encountered interesting problem, When I start up a game as any race in RCOTS, It works fine, but after a while my character cant use any objects (levers, chains, beds etc). I noticed something similar with NPC children, they stopped interacting with surroundings after a while (child followers). Everything works fine after starting the game, so I suppose it might be some script or condition doing that. Has anyone encountered similar problem?

I managed to fix interactions for NPC's by altering some conditions so I can talk to them, exchange items and such even after they stop interacting. If they are fighting it works fine for me.

But I have run out of ideas how to fix the player character. When I get bugged, only thing I can do is restarting the game.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It appears that RCOTS was taken down due to some rule violation.

as for that issue, i had it working fairly well. as i had it installed with another mod that invilved a child armor modifier file. from what i remember it would remesh certain armors to fit on children. though its not on this computer so i dont know which mod that is.

as for the CTDs, i only got them when i switched through the races too fast, and didnt give them time to render, so i had a theroy that it was memory related

• 2 weeks later...

Having some trouble with RCOTs Friend Children. It's a problem I've had before and someone on here told me how to fix it but I can't remember what he said. Basically if the mod is active and I try to load a save game it CTD's after about 5 seconds. I can start a new game but if I try to load that new game again afterward the same thing happens. I remember the person saying to start a new game and once loaded try to load the older save but that's not working this time. Just wondering if i've forgotten to do something?

• 4 months later...

I can't believe RCOTS was nuked..WTF did they do now to break the TOS of LL? The Developer goes out of their way to force undies on kids but they take it off the sight forcing us to use the crappy SKOTS? Does any one know if there is still a link some were still existing that I can get this in play? I am tired of not being able to play a kitten[young Khajiit] or an Argonian hatchling. Pluss we now have to find a way to merge being female to skots and add beast race kids to it..TYVM Lover's lab

• 4 months later...

hi. Im newbi with mods. In this time I have installed sexlab. and I have installed beeing famale mod. but now i must istallet RCOTS. But I cant find them at Loverslab.

Can somwere help me?

PS: Sorry for my bad english, my first language is german

• 1 year later...

Archived