Breasts don't bounce...

limbo

well...  they do, sorta.

hi folks..

long time downloader first time poster. thanks to everyone who helps foward this great idea for a great game.

my issue.. i have UNP and it makes loverly jiggly breasts but i also have a mod that instals four very lovely females followers who i have put, naked, downstairs in my Lakeview Burrow. they have their own bodies in the meshs/actors folder. their breasts don't jiggle. how would i go about making it so? i have tried dropping t he various *.nif files into their folders but it doesn't work.

the mod The Spice of Life has the same issue for the same reason.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

By 'dropping the various *.nifs' do you mean using BBP/TBBP nifs?

Also, breast bounce is tied to animations. If you don't have HDT installed, then the animations have to be BBP/TBBP compatible. Are those NPCs using custom TBBP/BBP-compatible idles?

The only other thing I can think of is that you're not substituting the respective body .nifs properly or somehow CK is overwriting the .nifs that are in the folders with the ones that are located in actors\characters\female assets :(.

thanks for the reply.

yes.. i grabbed the nif from the unp download and dropped into the character folder

i am not using CK for this yet... mainly because i don't know how. i have used it to buff out my player home and (before SoS came along to make a follower race with a hard-on) but never for any serious NPC manipulation.

the vanilla NPC have the breast bounce... the add-ons don't. so i just dropped (and overwrote) the nif's from the actors\characters\female assets folder into the meshes\actors\characters\[add-on name] folder. that didnt work. so i made a new folder.. meshes\actors\characters\[addo-on name]\female assets.. that also didnt work. the add-on character folder (basically a new race) contains *.nif files for the character

so it looks like a CK edit thing is in order... i guess what i am looking for is  quick instructions on how to use CK to do this

maybe i should start again....

which file causes the jiggle and where do i find it in the game folders?

the esp are not 'mine' they are dlc from nexus...

the spice of life mod and 4 standalone followers

my vanilla npc jiggle. these others do not, all same thing in common.. the creation of new races that they call on for ther meshes and textures

• 3 months later...

Not to hijack this thread but I am wondering the same thing.  In my case, I am refering to the Women of Middle Earth mod.   I got HDT physics and animation to work on everyone else except the standalone companions.

I'm not familiar with that mod. But it would seem that you'd have to manually add the right skeleton and animations to the characters that don't have them.

Correct me if im wrong but dont you need to manually equip Havok Object on companion in order HDT to work with the companion? Thats what NPCs and my companions have in my game in order for HDT to work (I have no idea if HDT works without havok object equipped)

The HDT Object allows one to add the script dynamically in-game so that you don't have to add the script statically to every single .nif model you use (which I do anyway :P).

What I feel might be the issue is:

1. The followers don't have the Havok Object equipped as kissofthehell wrote OR the body.nifs the followers use don't have the HDT script .xml file attached manually.

2. The followers in question don't use BBP/TBBP-compatible animations or their skeleton doesn't support them (in which case there should be breast deformation or game crashing).

What I suggest:

1. Copy not only the body.nifs into the follower's mesh folders, but also pinpoint the skeleton.nif and skeleton.hkx, and substitute them with your skeleton.nif and skeleton.hkx (the ones that produce the intended jiggle).

2. Inspect the body.nifs looking for a NiExtraData branch and the phrase HDT Havok Path.

Hope it helps :).

Thanks for the help.  I replaced the bundled nifs with body.nifs from UNP animation mod and the animation now works.  Using nifskope I don't find NNiExtraData in the body.nifs from the animation mod though.   Where else does HDT physics utilized besides PC hair?  Again, not trying to hijack the thread, the stand alone companion mod also does not come with its own skeleton, does it mean it will utilize the game skeleton mod (I use xp32 compatible here) or vanilla?

Vanilla NPCs bounce, so you've clearly got HDT it installed correctly . . . body, hdt installed, skeleton, all that.

Therefore: Are the followers based on a TBBP body?

Look at the mod. It will either say it's TBBP or it will say what body they're based on, which you can find if it's TBBP or not.

Without being TBBP they will not bounce. At all. And you can't make them do so without a load of extra work.

Correct me if im wrong but dont you need to manually equip Havok Object on companion in order HDT to work with the companion? Thats what NPCs and my companions have in my game in order for HDT to work (I have no idea if HDT works without havok object equipped)

The HDT Object allows one to add the script dynamically in-game so that you don't have to add the script statically to every single .nif model you use (which I do anyway :P).

What I feel might be the issue is:

1. The followers don't have the Havok Object equipped as kissofthehell wrote OR the body.nifs the followers use don't have the HDT script .xml file attached manually.

2. The followers in question don't use BBP/TBBP-compatible animations or their skeleton doesn't support them (in which case there should be breast deformation or game crashing).

What I suggest:

1. Copy not only the body.nifs into the follower's mesh folders, but also pinpoint the skeleton.nif and skeleton.hkx, and substitute them with your skeleton.nif and skeleton.hkx (the ones that produce the intended jiggle).

2. Inspect the body.nifs looking for a NiExtraData branch and the phrase HDT Havok Path.

Hope it helps :).

You can also just set HeadMesh to get HDT to armors/body. But it seems that trick doesnt work for everyone. But for me i get HDT on everything by just setting the NiExtraData on headmeshes. So im not even using the Havok Object equip and it works flawless.

HDT Breast Collision for realy ALL ARMORS with 3 adjustments without "HDT Havok Object"

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/26835-hdt-breast-collision-for-realy-all-armors-with-3-adjustments-without-hdt-havok-object/

Vanilla NPCs bounce, so you've clearly got HDT it installed correctly . . . body, hdt installed, skeleton, all that.

Look at the mod. It will either say it's TBBP or it will say what body they're based on, which you can find if it's TBBP or not.

Without being TBBP they will not bounce. At all. And you can't make them do so without a load of extra work.

It's based on UNP and I replaced it with HDT supported mesh.  So the bounce animation is a function of both HDT supported UNP mesh and 32xp skeleton?  I had a stand alone animation mod before but that only worked on PC.

Follow up question (after doing a lot of readings, I assume the answer to my previous question was that proper physics is a function TBBP supported mesh+skeleton like 32xp):

I replaced the body mesh for the standalone follower mods with the one I use in the game, the physics now all work but the bodies kind of looked very similar to each other whereas they were very different before.  Did I somehow mess up the body slider preset?  All I did was replacing femalebody_0 and 1.  Is it possible to replace the body nifs in the custom followers folers with a different TBBP supported mesh from the one I use in the system and still receive physics support? 

Thanks for the all the help. 

It's based on UNP and I replaced it with HDT supported mesh.  So the bounce animation is a function of both HDT supported UNP mesh and 32xp skeleton?  I had a stand alone animation mod before but that only worked on PC.

Something in the works there is not tbbp ready . . . 

Something in the works there is not tbbp ready . . . 

Thanks for all the help!  After spending the last few days reading about mesh, bone and weight here I got the the principles done in terms of body modding mechanics.  There really should be a sticky of HDT physics for dummies like myself explaining the terms, intended usage and proper mods needed.  I am now looking for a UNP TBBP 'normal' body with belly node but the only TBBP with belly appeared to be either 'blessed' or 'bombshell'.

Again, thanks for the help.

Archived