NVSE version 4 question

judge0

Hi.

I'm in the process of reinstalling New Vegas through Mod Organizer.

I noticed the FAQ still references NVSE 3 beta 2, so the question is:

Does NVSE version 4 work with this framework?

Also, is the extender progressed past version 11?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. I'm keeping FOMM for other features, and am going to see if I can get MO to work with this game.

I really like it's virtual file system feature.

It will work however you need to use FOMM through MO. Some scripts and other things might decide to have issues. Go to the main MO page and read how to resolve things like HUD mods and such. Things which mods require other mods to be present to load. Sexout, Sexout store and some body mods require this to be the case due to the way the FMOD is scripted.

LL also has another thread which MO issues are discussed here. keep in mind that the developer of sexout and many if not most of the mod creators don't use MO and cannot support MO's use. You will have to find many answers yourself. If you are a strong MO user already you can probably already figure out how to resolve those issues already.

@ritualclarity:

I'm aware of the difficulties with FOMODs, and am currently manually reassembling each one individually for easier handling by MO.

Most of the Hud mods etc, have been around for a while, and as such, won't be upgraded near as much as those for Skyrim, and I hope soon Fallout 4. Currently I have the body meshes, skeleton and Darn UI in place.

While I know it would be so much easier to run under NMM or FOMM, having got the hang of MO, it would be hard to go back to FOMM (and am NEVER using NMM again)

It installs all mods in their own folder, and virtually passes that data to the game at run time.

Big deal about that is the initial installation of the game is never altered.

It also tracks individual files to throughout all the mods to determine priorities over and above load order.

Visual clues are given as to which mod is overwriting another mods files, and you can manipulate that to get the correct data into the game without manually moving files around.

Updates are a breeze - just install the updated mod activate it, set it to the same priority as the old version and deactivate the old, one, run BOSS and done.

All the INIs are copies of the original, so can be altered without major repercussions.

Only drawback to it is mods that install to a higher level than the Data folder, but that existed with just about every other manager.

It takes a little getting used to, but seeing as you are NOT a newbie, Prideslayer, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you would like it.

It installs all mods in their own folder, and virtually passes that data to the game at run time.

Big deal about that is the initial installation of the game is never altered.

I do like this a lot. I have been thinking of doing something similar within NX to do texture combining at runtime without altering the actual installed files though, and wonder if it would be compatible with MO.

It also tracks individual files to throughout all the mods to determine priorities over and above load order.

Visual clues are given as to which mod is overwriting another mods files, and you can manipulate that to get the correct data into the game without manually moving files around.

FOMM does this though it's a little cumbersome to use. If you click the file manager button, you have your choice of two views "order by file" or "order by mod." The first is the default and clicking the second will hang FOMM for a long time while it figures everything out all over again, but the default is the most useful anyway.

From there you navigate the data directory on the left, and all the files in the dir are on the top right. The bottom right is a list of what installed mods have provided that file. You can reorder them here and it will make the topmost one active, and if you uninstall, the next one down becomes active, and so on.

It's not really advertised and few people use it, but I use it often when experimenting with mods before deciding what I like and rolling my own.

Updates are a breeze - just install the updated mod activate it, set it to the same priority as the old version and deactivate the old, one, run BOSS and done.

FOMM works similarly to this. If there are problems here though (and I'm sure there are), let me know, and I'll do my best to fix them.

All the INIs are copies of the original, so can be altered without major repercussions.

Only drawback to it is mods that install to a higher level than the Data folder, but that existed with just about every other manager.

This is something I'm going to fix in FOMM. It irritates me enough that 'fomod ready' archive files will not install some types of files (like DLLs) unless you make an actual fomod, and that everything must go below data unless you really customize your install script.

Few modders are willing to go through the effort, so I'm going to fix it the "quick and easy" way. If you have a "fomod ready" archive that contains a data directory, it will copy everything in it to data as normal, but also copy anything above it where you would expect it to.

This way you could make something like NVSE itself "fomod ready" by simply adding an empty data folder to the zip file, alongside the DLLs and EXEs.

It takes a little getting used to, but seeing as you are NOT a newbie, Prideslayer, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you would like it.

I probably would, however, I have loyal followers of FOMM and I aim to please. I am interested to know if MO is open source, as FOMM is?

Licensed under GPL (ui component, existing plugins, NCC) & LGPL (hook library & plugin interface)

http://sourceforge.net/p/modorganizer

Uses QT (LGPL)

7zip LGPL

Icons from Tango (whatever that is)

And I believe Tannin is currently working with the Nexus to incorporate portions of it into THEIR work of art NMM

He's called Tannin42 on the Nexus and Tannin on S.T.E.P. and seems as friendly as the people here.

Pride,

You will appreciate MO even if it is only to use for personal use. The main feature I believe you will find useful is the Profiles feature. This allows everything from a profile to be customized. .ini configures no problem. Need a specific file from a BSA but not the rest .. no problem. Need to elevate a file from one mod over another easy peasy.

Imagine being able to have a couple of play profiles. FNV. Bounty hunter, Female fem fa-tale, Legionnaire, NCR aligned play-through. Insert any mod or play through style here.

(I have had over 200 hours in Skyrim and not one corrupted save file.. I have had as many as 4 different saves through to where I kill the bad dragon or completed various quests, brotherhood, thief quest, Companions quests. etc and not one save related issue. I get board of one game I move to another profile with a click of a button.)

Now for the good part..... imagine you can have a separate profiles for testing various previous and future versions of Sexout and keep them active and running with nothing more than a click of a mouse on a profile. Also can have Beta versions of Tryouts at your fingertips without having to mess with or worrying about saves and corruptions. In a sense you can have almost every version of Sexout, Tryout, or any other mod ready to fire up for a testing and play. No need to reload. It is as quick as clicking on the mods you want and verifying the data, load order and .ini is how you want it. 10 sec to a new game. I wouldn't advise this for normal users however for developers this can be a god send.

Icing on the cake. .. You can copy the saves in MO from one game to another. Need to test a issue from a previous game but don't want to replay or use command prompts... move the save in question over to the new game. Now for the good part. The mods used in the save can be reconfigured to match and you don't even have to go through and do the little clicks... lol. In practice someone could perhaps even send you a save or a group of saves and you can then reconstruct the issue by using the same mods. You would likely need their load orders but you get the point. The reconstruction would be easier than completely borking your game to find the issue.

This is a very good tool for those who runs multiple games, mods, or play-through.

I finished the install. Like ritualclarity said several mods could only be installed with FOMM. I used Pride's release of FOMM, and had no issues.

The offending mods were Beware of Girl Body replacer, Universal HUD, ImmersiveHud, OneHud, DarnUI, MCM, Project Nevada, Advanced Range Finder and Radar HUd.

These all became a single mod with the "Create Mod" syntax right-click of the Overwrite folder.

Everything else installed as is, and it installs fomods other than what I listed pretty well.

The only oddity I have noticed with it is saving, the NVSE portion of the saves gets left in the overwrite folder. I created a mod for this labeled "Save Data" as shown in the screen shot.

I installed both the stable and Beta versions of SCR as well as the new animations by Amra72.

These can be changed back and forth at will, provided you pay attention to Priorities (load order is maintained without a BOSS run-through).

Available and functional from the interface is:

BOSS

BUM

TES5Edit

GECK

Wrye Flash NV

Standard loader

Standard launcher

NVSE Launcher

4GBNV with NVSE

FreeCommander

NifSkope unfortunately (or at least my version) doesn't see the direct folder structure under the Virtualization, and can't load the textures correctly.

Played through to the end of Bending over Backwards with both stable and beta of SCR. seems very stable.

This just might be THE tool for someone who mods a lot.

post-24528-0-47407600-1389574742_thumb.jpg

Archived