Request for a different kind of nipple

Ok this is UNP working in Bodyslide 2, includes belly node + tbbp, and puffy nipples (let's say puffy nipples 1.0 haha...)

Preview in Outfit Studio (definetively the 'angled' effect is the lack of post procesing in Outfit Studio, cause UNP looks worse even with more vertices)

v1by.jpg

Preview in Bodyslide itself (the texture is one 8k, so looks like cyrrhosis, but again, ingame looks like intended; showing with CBBE preset to better stand out the bodyslide capability)

0ebz.jpg

Archive (to install like that with MO, or manually inside skyrim/data)

attachicon.gifUNPBase.7z

That's actually a pretty nice endeavour.

• 4 weeks later...

All right, so I thought I'd take my own little crack at the puffy nipple thing using CBBE, Granted the close-up will be horrible due to low vertex count.

But from afar, what do you guys think? Would you like to see something similar to this being released as a slider? (I would of course tweak it more in 3DSMax and OS before doing so to try to improve the 'quality' a bit.)

Image below:

Puffy_Nipple_Rough.jpg

Also sorry if I revived what should have been a dead thread :s , just wanted some feedback, and from what I understand it, the people here are experts and can tell me if my work is even decent enough for a release xD

If you guys need a close-up let me know, but I must warn you that right now it's just a really rough outline with no 3DSMax edit so close-up not as good and can be pretty well improved in 3DSmax, but the overall shape/size will not be changed (especially if you look from afar)

May have been a dead thread but with more attention reportedly being paid to the topic of puffy nipples, Skyrim may be fixing to enjoy a sort of renaissance soon.  At least I'm hoping.  Oblivion certainly doesn't have a shortage of puffy nipple models, and that's an ancient game.

As for your screenshot, it's possible the term "puffy nipples" is a bit misleading.  What is really meant is "puffy areolae", while still keeping the nipples erect like in your image.  You can check images earlier in this thread, or here is an image from the aforementioned Oblivion:

post-66246-13597878215517.jpg

Note how the areolae (though not well-defined by the texture) form their own "hills" above the breasts.  The vertex count here isn't even all that high, but certainly still higher than CBBE.  There have been some solid efforts to create this effect with BodySlide2 and it is evidently not possible.  It's something that would need to be specifically addressed in a new version.  I'm kind of counting on the next CBBE breakthrough to be a combination of a new BodySlide2 with proper nipple sliders, and a high vertex-count CBBE (which is known to exist).

Original Mangabody was indeed CBBE based (it actually had more vertices than normal CBBE)

Ahh, so you wanted puffy aerola's as well, I remember Cell having said that he made a new aerola slider, I dunno if it 'popped' it out or not, but from his picture preview it certainly did 'enlarge' the aerola area.

Hold up, give me a sec and let me see if I can achieve a somewhat similar effect, (It'll be a rough sketch done off in OS, and then polished up in 3DSmax very lightly just for an overall quick demo)

Just wanted to check, do you want the area around the aerola to be more 'stretched' like in that reference photo you gave me?

I can lessen the smoothness around the area pointed to in the following picture (there are actually 2 vertices there that I pushed together)

And once again, close-ups aren't going to be very good, I'm not skilled at increasing vertex count and such, also I'd like to try to stay away from breaking compatibility with existing sliders lol.

puffy_aerola_v1.png

Let me know if the above picture isn't even remotely close to what you wanted though/ don't think it works at all. If it doesn't I have only one other method to try, and then I would have to try again with something like 7base with it's higher vertex count, and finally, if even that wouldn't satiate you then this request is beyond my ability :(

edit: I left the lower part 'unpushed' to show you what I mean by unsmoothening it out, let me know if you like the underside of the aerola more.

Ok. Isnt (or was) mangabody cbbe? Well, that proves that you can get puffy nipples in cb bodies. But not with OS, only with direct vertex edit (that you could compile later into a bsd/slider if you want).

I'm actually not sure whether Manga Body was originally base on CBBE or not.  I'm not going to outright say that CBBE's vertex count makes the effect impossible.  I'm sure there's enough there to get it done, though the results will falter quickly with any scrutiny.  BodySlide2 just doesn't seem capable of making it happen.  Anyway, CBBE's vertex count is 3471 and Manga Body's is 5778.

It's aureola size (chsbhc like), not puffy. I frankly dont understand being so popular in manga/anime the puffy nipples, why is still missing in bodyslide (both in cb and unp).

Ahh thanks for clearing that up lol.

Meh, my guess is that Cell/Caliente were busy doing the 100 other things they had to do as well as stuffed_bunny never had gotten this request back when he was making the CB++ sliders, from which all the CBAdvanced sliders come from.

Oh yea, Fredas, if you could send me that bodies .nif file I think I could maybe get a better handle on trying to replicate it. Though honestly it may just confirm my fear that I do not have the skills to make it so.

puffy_aerola_v1.png

Let me know if the above picture isn't even remotely close to what you wanted though/ don't think it works at all.

Damn.  That is remarkable.  You can tell by looking, what you've achieved is pretty much the same as my various example images, and is what I've been after.

edit: I left the lower part 'unpushed' to show you what I mean by unsmoothening it out, let me know if you like the underside of the aerola more.

The bottom of the areola (with its own hill-like curve) is, to me, more attractive than a flat angle, but I think the combination you've come up with in your image works decently too, considering the protruding angle of the nipple itself.  See this image from earlier in the thread:

type3f_nifscope_closeup1.jpg

This is from the Type3F model on the front of the thread.  It is perhaps much easier here to see what I mean when I describe the puffy nipple effect as something which renders the areola as its own "hill" with the nipple on top.  I actually like your example image in some ways even more than Type3F's.  The actual nipple in your image (not the areola) could possibly use some size reduction or adjustability.  But it again bears pointing out that this is a remarkable achievement, and as far as I know, only Manga Body beat you to it (and it has its own set of problems ;p ).

It's aureola size (chsbhc like), not puffy. I frankly dont understand being so popular in manga/anime the puffy nipples, why is still missing in bodyslide (both in cb and unp).

Meh, my guess is that Cell/Caliente were busy doing the 100 other things they had to do as well as stuffed_bunny never had gotten this request back when he was making the CB++ sliders, from which all the CBAdvanced sliders come from.

I think it was just an absence of recognition of demand.  Most of that demand would be from Asia, truth be told.  In the West, we barely even know what to call this effect.  In Japan?  See for yourself what you get when you Google ぷっくり乳首.  Almost none of the results are even in a manga / anime context.  It's little wonder that all the bodies in Oblivion / Fallout / Skyrim that have these nipples are Japanese-originated.

Oh yea, Fredas, if you could send me that bodies .nif file I think I could maybe get a better handle on trying to replicate it. Though honestly it may just confirm my fear that I do not have the skills to make it so.

I'll start hunting for it.  (Wasn't my screenshot, and I really couldn't much stand Oblivion so I barely played it. ;p )  But you can pick up Type3F here.

Hehehe, well I'm glad you thought my rough outline was worth something :D

I'll try refining it up a bit, maybe make a similar version, but with the upper part a bit more 'cut' like your above reference photo (really helpful that picture xD)

Then post maybe another image or two (hell maybe I'll just post the nif) for another check-up and if it's all good I'll go ahead and make it a slider for the next release of HDT Body.

Might try to make the nipple size reduction another seperate slider so even more customizability (might need to ask vioxsis for help on that part though, not sure my own 3DSMax skill can help there)

Actually I should probab;y double check to see if their already is a nipple size reduction slider xD (too many) then all I gotta do is make the equivalent piercing conversion for the boxes and we can call this a done deal!

phew, might take awhile for all that though, so please bear with me (also I promised myself a vacation this week from modding, but here I am at 2 in the morning doing these things...)

Oh yea if I forget about any of this stuff, or you don't see progress within the next week or so send me a pm reminder, my RL is a bit hectic now and I seem to be forgetting stuff recently...

edit: nah don't waste your time on the oblivion body, the 3F link you gave is plenty helpful, should be able to get something similar, or at the very least, I'll 'cut' that mesh and 'attach' it onto the base body so the close-up detail is fine and then morph that body to be compatible with the body.

Dam, these possibilities are endless...

Might try to make the nipple size reduction another seperate slider so even more customizability (might need to ask vioxsis for help on that part though, not sure my own 3DSMax skill can help there)

[...]

edit: nah don't waste your time on the oblivion body, the 3F link you gave is plenty helpful, should be able to get something similar, or at the very least, I'll 'cut' that mesh and 'attach' it onto the base body so the close-up detail is fine and then morph that body to be compatible with the body.

Cutting and pasting is a possibility I had briefly entertained, before I recognized the complications of such a procedure with regard to texture mapping (even if I could figure out the mesh part of it in the first place).  I'd always felt that my dream body for Skyrim would be sort of like if somebody ported Type3F, added HDT, and then maybe threw in a bodyslide for good measure. ;p  Though speaking about Oblivion bodies, I did at least find one that had somewhat puffy nipples.  It's called HG Eye Candy Body F-Cup, and happens to be among the best-shaped breasts I've seen.  (And the arms are nice and feminine, too, unlike with every static Skyrim model except Lady Body.)  Like with Type3F, there isn't any unrealistic, gravity-defying curvature on the upper half of the breasts.  It curves, but it's subtle, in keeping with the cup size.  Of course it's difficult for me to judge things based on static meshes if HDT is hypothetically going to be shifting vectors downwards.  The F-Cup's mesh gives three rings of polygons to the areolae - that is, between where the "hill" starts (at the breast) and ends (at the nipple) there exist three complete rings of polygons.  This seems like the bare minimum necessary to achieve the effect respectably.  (Type3F has seven.)

If you're going for broke, I feel it necessary to point out one last feature of this kind of nipple.  I first took note of it with Manga Body because said body tries to achieve the look with what is clearly too few vertices.  I speak of the consideration as to whether the tip of the nipple is concave or convex.  On Type3F (see above) it is fully convex.  On Manga Body and on the Oblivion body in the screenshot I linked earlier, it's concave:

_img_37277_4461c_1368863195.jpg

(Manga Body.)

The advantage of this addendum is that when it comes to fitting armor and such, it pretty much doesn't make any difference what the user chooses since the cosmetic effect is essentially a subtle one.  I'm just throwing it out there because there can be no question that the number of vertices in the Type3F nipple certainly allow for this kind of detail.

Oh.  I don't even really know how I found myself looking for it, but I did eventually find the Oblivion body used in that earlier screenshot.  Turns out it's Oblivion's own Manga Body, and you can find it tucked away in this package.  2009 says "hi".

really like this body.  It fixes everything that's wrong with Skyrim's Manga Body, including: Arms too thick and not feminine enough (shared by just about every Skyrim model), hips have that UNP-like lack of curvature, breasts given an unrealistic shape (too much curvature on the top), areolae reduced too much in size at the lowest scale, butt and thighs and abdomen given a grotesque nature that can only be labeled fat.  (I did say I had problems with Skyrim's Manga Body. ;p )  Skyrim Manga Body's nipples, along with probably much of the rest, are a 100% carbon copy from Oblivion's Manga Body.  Vertex position elsewhere was toyed around with, ruining much of it.  Probably in an effort to render a body-slidable duality.  Vertex count between the upper and lower halves is about 5569 (vs. Skyrim's 5778).  If the body inherited anything at all from CBBE, it's the too-thick arms.

O.o I'm lost on the download, If you could, could you just post the .nif as an attachment,

Also, just for kicks and giggles, I thought I'd see if I could make the Type3-F body convertable to Skyrim just using Outfit Studio.

I think I got what I need to do and will upload an attempt soon. Hell, if it gets tested and works all right I'll seriously begin to ponder the whole state of current body mods.

I'd probably try and make a new thread topic to see if at least the body modders on LL would be interested in doing some sort of convention where we all start of with a standard vertex order body with a vertex count that we all agree on, and then go our separate ways and make a body out of it. Then this 'standard' could all be made sliders out of in OS and presets could be made to make those bodies.

Meh, me and my talks and illusions of grandeur.

O.o I'm lost on the download, If you could, could you just post the .nif as an attachment,

Okay, I put it here.  Not saying it's absolutely perfect, but I will say I think it does the best job I've seen of a truly large-breasted model without the breasts looking bizarrely distorted at such extreme dimensions (as CHSBHC and Skyrim's Manga Body do, and even both flavors of UNPBO).

• 2 years later...

After hours of searching seems like no one made an Extra Nipple Slider for the UUNP Special yet

I decided to make one myself, tried to make a puffy one but seems the vertex is pretty limited to make a detailed one so I just do a little fix
it's not really a slider, just a tweak for UUNP Special nipple model which looks distorted when the nipple is long and the boobs is big enough, based on my preferred shape

just put the slider to 100%, looks better on small boobs too

yT3t4x3.png

The .bsd file NippleFluffy.rar

*for those who don't understand, put the NippleFluffy.bsd on the Bodyslide>ShapeData>Unified UNP and the UnifiedUNP.xml to Bodyslide>SliderSets

After hours of searching seems like there's someone haven't made an Extra Nipple Slider for the UUNP

I decided to make one myself, tried to make a puffy one but seems the vertex is pretty limited to make a detailed one so I just do a little fix

it's not really a slider, just a tweak for UUNP nipple model which looks distorted when the nipple is long and the boobs is big enough, based on my preferred shape

just put the slider to 100%, looks better on small boobs too

yT3t4x3.png

The .bsd file attachicon.gifNippleFluffy.rar

*for those who don't understand, put the NippleFluffy.bsd on the Bodyslide>ShapeData>Unified UNP and the UnifiedUNP.xml to Bodyslide>SliderSets

Your placement of this at the end of the slider set entries wasn't working for me, moving it among the other base cbbe sliders worked though.

It's a valiant effort but it doesn't appear to be being applied symmetrically:

puffy.jpg

Oh about the symmetry,

I'm aware about that, the problem is mirror function itself didn't work in UUNP Special it always messed up the other side, so I did it manually and will take a lot of effort to make it symmetry

and yes it's not really good, but it's better than the distorted one at least for me
based on the pic, the left boobs seems to be a bit blocky, I forgot to mention the slider itself was made using UUNP Special body so I think it doesn't work well on CBBE

I just live with it with no real boobs perfectly symmetry  :-/
Might do a better one if I have spare time  

Archived