View File

PapyrusED is a script-editor for Papyrus (Skyrim only)

PapyrusED got some features to make your life easier and faster surch as code completion, Syntax highlighting optimized for Papyrus, search with regular expressions, list of all script files with there extend-type, an build in compiler using the PCompile.dll, a script-check that can check your script before compiling, ....

Required

Windows XP or later

.NET 3.5 or later

Install:

PapyrusED requires the PCompiler.dll, PapyrusAssembler.exe and all of it's neccessary files. (not included)

Extract all files directly in the .SkyrimPapyrus Compiler Directory.

After that you can make a shortcut to your Desktop or whereever you want.

Uninstall

Just delete the files - as well as the config.ini

PapyrusED does not create files somewhere else - or any registry entrys.

Known bugs

It still have got some bugs - nothing Special all i know.

For example: If you close one of several Tabs, a message appears that says there were changes - without having changed anything. Just klick "no"

There also can be some spelling mistakes - sorry, english isn't my native language :-)

At now - after selecting a function/event from the "Function" or "Event" Dropdown you still have to press 'enter'. The mouse click isn't enough.

ChangeLog

- Use a specific Script Folder

- Compile to folder...

- basic things like font and font-size

- compiler settings like "Debug Mode" and "Optimize"

- Advanced settings like "Use Flag File" and the flag file that should be used

- I've added a filter to filter out the files you want to display in the file-list (regular expressions can be activated)

- Icons for the files using the default CK Icons (quest icon, package icon, ...)

- A StorageUtil Key Window was added (for those who know and use Storage Util, this can be realy useful)

- Many bugs are fixed

- The config.ini is saved correctly

- no error message is display on startup

- Search in all Files and Search in selected files was added

- Wiki Quick Info - select a function and pres F1 - Skyrim Wiki will open and display informations about the function (when it exists) - this is a bit buggy right now

- Fixed some bugs in Auto-Completion, Insight, Folding

- Displays the Function Description in the Completion-Window as ToolTip Into

Really nicely made. The syntax highlighting is usefull and it even underlines errors.

There's a little request I would like to make: Please allow to configure custom import directories and a custom output directory. I think this would greatly enhance functionality of your IDE, as it would allow to circumvent the quirks of compiling papyrus scripts when half of your dependencies are scattered across MOs mod directories.

Maybe you can also get it also working with mod organizer directly. At the moment it is not possible because I think it is a .Net application and since I have a 64-bit system it runs your IDE as 64-bit application, and mod organizer does not support 64-bit applications. Can you try to set x86 as supported platform instead of any cpu.

Sure, here is the x86 Version.

Btw: This Project doesn't have a big priority for me. There are still some Little bugs, but working at all should work :)

At now i will make some Papyrus Scripts again.

Maybe when i think "oh! this can be helpful"... for example a Highlighted Skyrim Log File, i will release a new Version :)

Sorry for that.

Btw2: There is also planed to make a Project Manager + FTP Client for working in a Team (or maybe an own Client/Server with messanger, ToDo List, and stuff....)... but this is still far away.

Doesn't have that much time :)

//Edit: attached file deleted

• 1 year later...

Well, a new version is released :-)

Depending on your rights and your skyrim install diretory, it can be that you must give the files Script and the Script\\Source folder free for your User. Otherwise they are locked for writing.

When you set for your .psc files "Open with" -> "PapyrusED" in windows, you can edit the script files way easier directly out of Creation Kit when clicking "open in external editor"

Future Plans for next releas (when it comes):

- Advanded Search (in all selected files, and all files) - already done in my version

- Search and Replace Function for "Current file", "all open files", "selected files"

I've also thought about Presettet enums like the "IniSetting" or "StorageUtil Variables" where a list of all possible values will drop down

I will also include some support for StorageUtil where all stored variables in all files are listed in a seperat window so it's possible to see all variables.

I will also include some support for StorageUtil where all stored variables in all files are listed in a seperat window so it's possible to see all variables.

They wont, because some scripts are in .bsa and some are .pex only. You would have to decompile/unpack on fly (not worth it).

Well, you're right. The heaviest part would be the esp / esm files. They can store string properties that can be used. This isn't impossible but would take some time. Strings got a length of 16 bits and before the length there are 16 bits... maybe for defining the var type.

And I have to concat strings.

Maybe I will just make a fast variant that will just display the the given Key-Name (even when it's >> "Myvariable." + Object.GetName() << , this will help, too.

Another thing I want to create is a Log Reader where you can open the latest log, and get a list of all errors. (the repeated logs won't be displayed, but the number how often this error appeard will be displaed.) This will allow to open large log-files that have 30gig or more and still have a clear overview of all errors

// Edit:

Just a short Info:

A new update will come soon. I've included "Settings" where you can configurate many options like

- Use a specific Script Folder

- Compile to folder...

- basic things like font and font-size

- compiler settings like "Debug Mode" and "Optimize"

- Advanced settings like "Use Flag File" and the flag file that should be used

- I've added a filter to filter out the files you want to display in the file-list (regular expressions can be activated)

- Icons for the files using the default CK Icons (quest icon, package icon, ...)

- A StorageUtil Key Window was added (for those who know and use Storage Util, this can be realy useful)

I think the update will be released this week

For those who hasn't notices the last update:

- Many bugs are fixed

- The config.ini is saved correctly

- no error message is display on startup

- Search in all Files and Search in selected files was added

- Wiki Quick Info - select a function and pres F1 - Skyrim Wiki will open and display informations about the function (when it exists) - this is a bit buggy right now

- Fixed some bugs in Auto-Completion, Insight, Folding

- Displays the Function Description in the Completion-Window as ToolTip Into

Left Bugs:

- When closing a tab it will ask to save, because it "has changed", even when nothing has changed

And now the future plans:

- Backup Function where you can backup and restore scripts (even with different versions - up to 64 Versions per file)

- different Styles

- Log Reader to read the log and seperate the errors + jump to the script that raised the error (when the scriptfile and line number was displayed) (even the realy huge logs with more then 1 gig)

Btw: PapyrusED automaticly reads the functions andstuff out of the script file.

This meens, when a new SKSE Version is released, it will automaticly read the functions and events and gives full support to them. It also recognize all of your own functions and events from your scripts. So yes, it will be compatible with new SKSE versions even without a PapyrusED update smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello , very good job.

Can I ask how to activate:

1) the autocomplete, right now after a dot (.) the only options are "int", "float", "string"

2) the reconnaissance of types (if supported), right now when you hover a variable you always get "Unknow type".

In all cases, congratulations for this great work.

• 9 months later...
Sorry, haven't seen your post, CPU. I was way to active in the BeeingFemale Thread.

The current version will support everything. You should put it into the "\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\" directory. Then everything should work. If not, there is a "config.ini".

Edit it and somewhere there is a variable for the Source Path. Enter your source path there.

But I've droped to come back with some update notes.

A new version of PapyrusED is on it's way!

- I've fixed a few back tracking bugs for variables. The Hover text should be now shown correctly.

- You can change the Papyrus Version, too. This is because Fallout 4 will be supported!

- The new Structs will be fully suported, even when the struct is defined in a different Script.

- Next to the Function and Event Drop-Downs in the top navigation, there will be a field for the game you want to compile for.

- You can change during scripting beween Fallout 4 or Skyrim.

- The install directory won't matter anymore! You can install PapyrusED into your "Program Files x86" Folder, or directly on "C:", or somewhere else, aslong you have read/write permisions for this folder (because of the config.ini)

- It will has a build in decompiler as well. Ok ok, it's not finished. Most of the codes are still in OP Codes. Didn't hade the time to finish the decompiler, but at least it will give you all functions, strings, function-arguments, properties, structs, .... a Script has got.

- It will display some build in debug informations and the script header data as well.

Fallout 4 won't have a compiler right now. I will bring an update when the official compiler is released.

I hope I can finish the new version this week. Right now I can't compile for Skyrim any more.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Sorry, this project is dead for now.

After I made some difficult changes and stuff, to support decompiling, Fallout 4 Papyrus Scripts and way more, it's to hard to finish it well.

I will keep using it, but it's way to difficult to set everything up. I tried to make some Auto-Functions that will set up most automaticly but they take way to long.

Many things like changing the Papyrus Version and stuff are to difficulty to handle right now.

The project would need big support... many questsions would came up.... and many users won't even make the basics work.... That's why I need to stop right here.

Maybe in the future I will find some time to make a better version, but I think it would need a complete new project.

Hello @milzschnitte,

I am collaborating with Orvid for hes F4papyrus and language extensions.

He is going like a lightning.

But the actual tool is just a compiler/decompiler.

Maybe we can collaborate all together.

PM me if interested.