How do I get these horns to show up.

ger4

Save a copy of your installed Skeleton.nif somewhere and use this as the base for every mash-up. This file has all the needed bones/nodes. Open an outfit in a new window, right-click on a part you want to use and select 'Copy Branch'. In the skeleton file right-click on the 'Scene Root' at the top of the block list to the left and select 'Paste Branch'. Repeat this for all the needed parts until you have a complete outfit and save it under a new name. Then you can put it into your custom outfit esp in the CS, according to the item slots it will occupy.

You can also make a .esp and add the horns as a armor/clothing piece in CS and then then add them to a chest that you make and wear them when you need to that way.

I'm not sure if it even can work like that. Never seen a race so far that has horns as an integral part of the head.

Normally all elements of a head are assigned to one of a race's head slots in the CS. Such elements are coupled with an egm file that 'conformulates' them to the head mesh they are intended for, to adapt to transformations of the head shape during character creation. Not having such an egm file in the same folder as the matching Nif makes the CS crash in the character preview window. And the game crashes upon selection of that race in the race menu.

These (very interesting-looking) horns could either be conformulated to this head mesh and that way made a part to assign to a custom race in the CS, or simply taken as they are and put into any mod as an amulet- or tail-slot equipable item, probably the easier approach. For the first method you would need to provide this head's tri file. I've never seen this head before - is it by Nuska? Judging from the shape of the cheeks.

All the above is from my observations when messing around with custom races. I might be way off as I have no 3D model experience at all. Maybe there is a much more simple and logical explanation why the horns don't show up.

Let's hope somebody like Movomo will see this thread to clear things up. Technically the horns appear to be correctly pasted into the Nif.

By making a chest in CS and then adding the horns to armor or clothing and adding the nif then dragging and dropping the armor piece into your chest hitting ok to close the chest screen then hitting ok you can add things like this. I have a mod that has horn and wings nif that is in my oblivion folder I added it to my armor and set it as a accessory and dragged it into my chest in my .esp and now I can wear them. If I hadn't done it this way I wouldn't be able to wear them as they are non playable. 

post-25667-0-63042300-1388436718_thumb.jpg

By making a chest in CS and then adding the horns to armor or clothing and adding the nif then dragging and dropping the armor piece into your chest hitting ok to close the chest screen then hitting ok you can add things like this. I have a mod that has horn and wings nif that is in my oblivion folder I added it to my armor and set it as a accessory and dragged it into my chest in my .esp and now I can wear them. If I hadn't done it this way I wouldn't be able to wear them as they are non playable. 

attachicon.gif2013-12-30_00009.jpg

Thanks, that'll do for now, but is anyone does manage to get the horns to show up in the head mesh can they let me know.

Looks like I can't run away from this.. :P

Yes, one does not simply conformulate a nif with two trishapes. They need to be one. (and the head is not something you can conformulate) Attaching it directly to the head is not an option here. The simplest approach would be to creat an amulet or ring or tail slot item and equip it. I presume you're trying to change only the player using Blockhead? Then I'd recommend this way.

Or, if you want that horn to show up no matter what clothing you wear, try assign it in the race tail slot. Like khajiit.. except it is a horn, not a tail. I think this is the way that many modders got their horned races work.

Keep in mind that the game won't attempt to search the associated egm file other than hair slot item.

So making a conformulated version of the horns alone wouldn't do any good? Because I tried anyway, though the blasted 'Conformulator' gave me a warning about the mesh being rigged. But it nevertheless created an egm file.

Can't hurt to have this file in the same folder as the Nif. Assigning the horns to the tail slot is an elegant workaround.

To have a demonic race with a tail it's possible to simply paste a tail into the horns' mesh. At least with the egm file the horns now can also be assigned to a tooth or tongue slot for example (while using a merged mouth or merged teeth mesh) without the race crashing the game.

HornsConformulationAttempt.rar

This is only in case you want the horns as part of the race. If you have no problem with equipable horns, an accessory item is still the better choice.

It seems for some reasons you have lost the rigging information for the vagina mesh. This version here should work:

attachicon.giffemalelowerbody_Queen.nif

ZKEC Queen... It's a great body. I'm still sitting on an outfit mod that has one variant using this body. Movomo had fixed some issues with a few elements. Soon I will be releasing this.

Ah yes, that works, thank you, although in some positions the vagina still lifts off the body (like when using estrus).

Yes, that's a disadvantage of the mesh. Slightly hovering above the skin - a necessity to avoid the worst clipping. It's because the vagina originally was created only for one specific differently-shaped body. I am mainly using it with THEC 3L.

In the future there will be more lowerbodies with realistic (= open) vaginae. Atomic Pro recently has made two variants for HGEC L lower.

Archived