How to enable a CB++ mesh for pregnancy mods?

Skyrimfloo

Hey there!

As the title says, I'm curious about the process to do this. Recently I've been looking for some mods to use with my usually-pregnant PC, but while I use the ones that are already in the downloads section, I don't really like much the looks of the vanilla armors. Looking for possible alternatives, I found that nice pack of CB++ enabled Tera armors, but sadly they aren't pregnancy-enabled.

However, twiddling with BodySlide++ I noticed that the PregnancyBelly slider does work, so I got curious. Considering that these armors (and some others) do have a slider that already allows for pregnancy morphs, how difficult would it be to "plug" them for Hentai Pregnancy or any other mods so that it shows properly?

Thanks in advance.

From the bit of poking around I did here and there, the way I understand it to work is that the armor meshes get weight painted. Meaning that parts of the armor are assigned to specific skeleton bones allowing the armor to grow along with the skeleton shape. The same applies to the body mesh. The CB++ sliders are just static shapes that you can set but don't actually change in-game, which is why you can't just make a body in bodyslide and have it work correctly with pregnancy mods.

I don't personally know how to do this, however, very soon Caliente will be releasing Bodyslide 2 which will include a new armor program which lets you modify armors with both shape and weight painting almost automatically.

As long as it doesn't involve using some difficult 3D extra programs, it would be nice. Can't wait to see it.

Nope, you won't need those at all. But on the other hand, Outfit Studio is kinda becoming one of those programs itself in a way.  :blush:

It's still thousands of times easier than using the Blender interface and some plugins that are hardly compatible with Skyrim, though. And you shouldn't need NifSkope to tweak stuff.

Archived