vegaorc

Hello everyone, it's me again. I'm sorry for always asking for help on modding this game, I hope I do not sound annoying.

With that said, here's what I'd like to know:

I'm using a program called egtpacker to extract the .egt files into .tga files so I can open and edit them on photoshop. The problem is, when I repack the .egt file and I try it in game, my character's face appears with grey/purple streaks like some weird TV static.

If you are familiar with this program, I tried using the m1 and m2 export/import option and in photoshop I tried exporting the .tga files as 24 and 32 bits. This problem always occured...

Can someone please tell me what should I do exactly? I can't find this answer anywhere and I really wanna use the egt file because I don't want my character's face texture to look like everyone else's...

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, it's me again. I'm sorry for always asking for help on modding this game, I hope I do not sound annoying.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but questions on *how* to mod things are by far my favorite sort of questions.

It looks like the above answer is probably correct, I just wanted to stop by and let you know that, as far as I am concerned, questions about creating mods are *always* welcome.

Hey junkacc, I did exactly what you said.

I extracted the files using the m2 setting, opened them in photoshop, blurred some parts of the images which I didn't want to be noticeable, extracted them as 24 bits .tga files, tried it in game and this happened (the same happened with the 16 and 32 bits options):

fx73.jpg

It's probably relevant to say that I am using Photoshop's "layer to files" export script and that I properly rename the files afterwards.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but questions on *how* to mod things are by far my favorite sort of questions.

It looks like the above answer is probably correct, I just wanted to stop by and let you know that, as far as I am concerned, questions about creating mods are *always* welcome.

Thank you, it's just that I made a post a couple weeks ago asking for help and now I'm doing it again :\

what is that....

1. what happens if you open the file again with photoshop? do you see any discoloration that looks like that pattern?

2. are u using tga compression? you shouldn't.

3. are your files in 256x256 resolution and the resultant .egt exactly 9,830,664 bytes in size?

what is that....

1. what happens if you open the file again with photoshop? do you see any discoloration that looks like that pattern?

Ok, never tried that... Yes it appears all messed up! It appears exactly as in game, what the hell? It's not Photoshop's fault because the .tga files that I export from it look correctly. However, when I pack the .egt file with the altered .tga files, unpack it again and open the files in Photoshop, they appear all messed up.

2. are u using tga compression? you shouldn't.

That option doesn't appear in the script that I'm using, so I'm guessing I am not using tga compression.

3. are your files in 256x256 resolution and the resultant .egt exactly 9,830,664 bytes in size?

The files are in the right resolution and the altered .egt has the exact same size you mentioned.

With that said, I'm guessing the program isn't packing the files correctly?...

That's a strange one. I thought it was definately the compression that was doing it. Without looking at the actual files, all I can advise is to do some additional checks.

1. when unpacking, use "egtpacker headorc unpack m2", when packing use "egtpacker headorc pack m2"

2. check you have 50 files headorc00.tga to headorc49.tga

3. each file should be exactly 196,626 bytes or slightly larger (i've noticed GIMP puts some file format information that pads the end)

4. the tga should be saved with the option "Bottom Left". In GIMP there's an option to save "Bottom Left" or "Top Left", there should be something similar in PS.

3. each file should be exactly 196,626 bytes or slightly larger (i've noticed GIMP puts some file format information that pads the end)

4. the tga should be saved with the option "Bottom Left". In GIMP there's an option to save "Bottom Left" or "Top Left", there should be something similar in PS.

Yeah that's the problem... Each .tga file has a different size and it's not 196,626, it's way less!

There is no such option in Photoshop, there is only "24 bits, 16 bits 32 bits" and "compress files". I'm not compressing them! And I've tried those 3 options too, nothing happened... There is also an option called "include ICC profile" which I have no idea what does, but I also tried it.

I guess I'm better off using gimp?

I think I found out the answer. The Photoshop script isn't exporting the files as it should... I gotta find a fix for that..

GIMP is really not for me, I just can't deal with it, I really don't know how to work with that script you linked me to.

Just a quick update:

I managed to fix the problem. I used the batch processing function of photoshop and everything worked out fine.

However the problem I was looking to fix is not the egt's fault so this was kinda pointless.. Oh well!

Thank you :)

EDIT:

Does anyone know how to make the character's forehead less shiny? My orc's forehead is supposed to be green but looks yellow ingame instead...

Archived