4 hours of waiting for the freaking long process, i hate gift certificates now. LOL

ended up having 6670HD 2gb dd3 version. Runs skyrim ultra 2x aa 4x antistrophic, 1280x1024 / new vegas ultra ultra high with blackout enb. Happy with it. Plus its supah silent, and kinda tiny too lol

4 hours of waiting for the freaking long process, i hate gift certificates now. LOL

ended up having 6670HD 2gb dd3 version. Runs skyrim ultra 2x aa 4x antistrophic, 1280x1024 / new vegas ultra ultra high with blackout enb. Happy with it. Plus its supah silent, and kinda tiny too lol

Congrats then :D Happy gaming !! 

I kinda hate people who feel like they know everything :P

Guys i run skyrim on ultra with aa x2 on my gfx card which they lost which is only a powercolor hd6670 1gb 128bit dd3.

So 2gb is better right?

:P

Edit : resolution is only 1280x1024 since thats the max of my monitor

Sorry to try and give you advice, I do know everything about graphic cards indeed (in computer hardware i general) as this is my job, a lot better than you obviously as a 6670 is better than a 6570 or a gt630, the extra 1GB won't make a difference especially if its GDDR3 and not GDDR5 as the bandwith will be crippled.

Don't ask for advices if you don't want them tho and maybe the 'know it all' won't try to help.

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

i use a gtx 650 ti boost and its awesome...

i recommend a gtx 690.. im not sure why even tho the titan is supposed to be the best... on most sites its listed that 690 has best performance...

lol if you had read the thread you would of known she has already got her new card.

Lately pcexpress fcked up with our graphics card and lost it when they switched shops. Now they gave me back a 3,000PHP worth gift certificate for their shop.

This is the available list.

ASUS GT630 2GB DDR3 128BIT (GT630-2GD3) - 2,950PHP

MSI GT630 2GB DDR3 128BIT (N630GT-MD2GD3) - 2,850PHP

POWERCOLOR HD6570 2GB DDR3 128BIT (AX6570 2GBK3-H) - 2,700PHP

ASUS GT420 2GB DDR3 128BIT (GT420-2GD3-DI) - 2,050PHP

POWERCOLOR HD5570 2GB DDR3 128BIT (AX5570 2GBK3-HV3) - 2,400PHP

Which should i go for?

Thanks

BTW, congratulations for a good choice. Been running a Powercolor HD7750 1gb DDR3 I bought from PC Options (as a birthday gift for myself) for almost 2 months -- for 3.6k; DDR5 version goes for over 4k.

Also, you could do screencaps with FRAPS configured to save images to PNG and then convert them later to JPEG -- it kills the jaggies.

I would have posted earlier but looks like you've made your choice which is a great outcome.

As an aside, RAM does sweet jack if you don't have the grunt to run it. It's like trying to do a marathon but unless you have the core stamina and the training to boot, you won't get there. Sure, it has 2GB but as I said before, it is quite low in terms of the barrel of graphics. Anything more than the vanilla textures, perhaps the HD texture pack will be starting to push the graphics.

That said, you did note you hated people who know it all. Well, isn't that what you wanted?

I would have posted earlier but looks like you've made your choice which is a great outcome.

As an aside, RAM does sweet jack if you don't have the grunt to run it. It's like trying to do a marathon but unless you have the core stamina and the training to boot, you won't get there. Sure, it has 2GB but as I said before, it is quite low in terms of the barrel of graphics. Anything more than the vanilla textures, perhaps the HD texture pack will be starting to push the graphics.

That said, you did note you hated people who know it all. Well, isn't that what you wanted?

But really get confused to what i tell, when i said know it all, i didnt mean i hate them, what i meant by that is people trying to say different things so far from the thread, like go get another blah and blah and not those 2, i mean really can't people read this days?

The other thing i meant about it is people saying the card will not run on high and aa, maybe average quality, but i have a power rig 16gb ddr3 ram, 1tb hdd, ssd 80gb os installed here, proper power supply, 3.2 ghz processor, the only thing im missing is the graphic card cause my recent 6670 broke down and turned into a giftcheck.

Then what do you know i start loading bleak enb and blackout enb for skyrim and fallout, change settings to ultra 1280x1024 with no AA and antistrophic filtering game went very smooth.

Started installing the poco bueno 4096 texture mod for NV framerate only dropped 3-13 outdoors, unnoticable indoors, and thats running enb as well.

Awesome, good going, I have an asus n630, its possibly the bottleneck on my system, as the on card memory is ddr3, otherwise, its amazing for how little I paid for it, although I am starting to feel like saving my zloty's  to add another "30" to my card. ;)

Guys a little help, I speech check my way to the manager who gave me the GC, he offered me a free return with the exact price which is 2,700.

I found out that POWERCOLOR HD7730 1GB GDDR5 128BIT (AX7730 1GBD5-HE) Costs 3,300 which means i will only add 600 pesos.

Is this DDR5 1gb card more powerful than a DDR3 2gb card?

What does the memory size do in terms of graphics?

I do know that ddr5's mem process speed and mem bandwith are much much faster.

Speed-wise, DDR5 is faster than DDR3. Generally what VRAM size does is to store textures temporarily as they're rendered onscreen -- large VRAM doesn't mean the GPU is fast -- an older 128bit HD4670 with 512mb of VRAM will beat a new 64bit GF210 with 2gb to the ground. (Read this if you need to know more: http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=154906 )

The HD7730 is nearly fast as HD7750.

If you want stronger cooling, Sapphire have their HD7700 series cards with a larger cooling fan (requiring an extra slot), but Powercolor's HD7700 line is slim, can fit into one slot, and is quieter. Both do not need external power sources, but I assure you their power consumption is better than older cards (considering your Meralco electric bill).

Given the huge amount of memory at your disposal, you can tweak ENB to provide further resource management. Try using this to set up your enblocal.ini (works with both regular and ENBoost):

http://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html

For optimal performance, I set up my Skyrim to run at High (not Ultra) texture settings, 512k shadows, most textures at 1k, with some NPCs, including mine, to use 2k skins; I turn on DoF only when I want to do vanity screencaps.

(How I came to use the HD7750 was made after a big deal of research -- I wanted an AMD GPU that will exceed the HD4670, considered the HD5XXX and HD6XXX cards but most offerings were weak, until I saw that the HD7750 had more on the table and so I bought it as soon as I successfully finished a huge project.)

Speed-wise, DDR5 is faster than DDR3. Generally what VRAM size does is to store textures temporarily as they're rendered onscreen -- large VRAM doesn't mean the GPU is fast -- an older 128bit HD4670 with 512mb of VRAM will beat a new 64bit GF210 with 2gb to the ground. (Read this if you need to know more: http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=154906 )

The HD7730 is nearly fast as HD7750.

If you want stronger cooling, Sapphire have their HD7700 series cards with a larger cooling fan (requiring an extra slot), but Powercolor's HD7700 line is slim, can fit into one slot, and is quieter. Both do not need external power sources, but I assure you their power consumption is better than older cards (considering your Meralco electric bill).

Given the huge amount of memory at your disposal, you can tweak ENB to provide further resource management. Try using this to set up your enblocal.ini (works with both regular and ENBoost):

http://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html

For optimal performance, I set up my Skyrim to run at High (not Ultra) texture settings, 512k shadows, most textures at 1k, with some NPCs, including mine, to use 2k skins; I turn on DoF only when I want to do vanity screencaps.

(How I came to use the HD7750 was made after a big deal of research -- I wanted an AMD GPU that will exceed the HD4670, considered the HD5XXX and HD6XXX cards but most offerings were weak, until I saw that the HD7750 had more on the table and so I bought it as soon as I successfully finished a huge project.)

Thanks for the info :)

The 7730 is the better choice, however you hae already installed your new graphics card so you may not be able to switch now.

Not true :P Uninstall Graphics Suite , driver turns into built in video, install new card :P

Guys a little help, I speech check my way to the manager who gave me the GC, he offered me a free return with the exact price which is 2,700.

I found out that POWERCOLOR HD7730 1GB GDDR5 128BIT (AX7730 1GBD5-HE) Costs 3,300 which means i will only add 600 pesos.

Is this DDR5 1gb card more powerful than a DDR3 2gb card?

What does the memory size do in terms of graphics?

I do know that ddr5's mem process speed and mem bandwith are much much faster.

You should definetly take the newer card. BUT......1GB Vram is not really much :/ Especially not if you want a few texture mods + ENB, sometimes it can struggle. 

If you can look for a 77xx card which has 2GB of Vram. Its a bit safer especially for Skyrim :)

GDDR5 is fine. Its what all modern card use now and its faster then GDDR3. 

So if you can get a 2GB version :)

<3

Vanille~

1GB is plenty considering it is DDR5 :)

Well not really. my 1GB card is struggling a little sometimes. I have plenty of high res texture Mods installed, and its struggling a little sometimes. And with 2GB its just safer as with 1GB, so you dont have to worry that your VRAM gets full.

This is really hard to decide on: on one hand, unlike FPS shooters such as CoD: Black Ops 2, Skyrim is a very texture-intensive game that it's worth considering about buying a video card with at least 2gb of texture memory, but then there's memory speed, DDR3 or DDR5. 

If the 2gb DDR5 is way too much for your limited budget, and given the processing power of your PC I think it's safe to use a GPU with 2gb of DDR3 as long as the card also has at least 128-bit  of bandwidth (I'd steer clear of the cheap 64-bit cards with 2gb VRAM).

One answer please. 2gb ddr3 better? or 1gb ddr5?

That simple.

POWERCOLOR HD7730 1GB GDDR5 128BIT (AX7730 1GBD5-HE)

This is because you always go with the latest graphics engine even if there is a difference between the amount of RAM that card has.

Everyone is looking at modding and not looking at the long term benefits of having a higher card even with a lower amount of RAM.

BENEFITS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

• It will allow you to play the newest game without issues.
  • It uses a higher more update to date graphics driver and functionality.
  • More optimized.
  • Higher resolutions supported
  • DDR5 five performs 5 operations in the same time frame while DDR3 only does 3 operation in the same time frame.
  • Increases the amount of time you can go before having to replace it. Before it becomes outdated it terms of technology.

Plus you are all failing to notice the most important difference. GDDR5 RAM

GDDR5 is a dedicated type of RAM made specifically for GRAPHICS CARDS while normal DDR3 isn't

END OF DISCUSSION! :D