I have no idea what's causing this

Meivath

Not sure where to put this.  I'll try here.  I put it up on the Nexus, but it got ignored.  

I recently did a clean install of Skyrim, got my mods back, and started a new game.  After running to the Guardian Stones, I saw this, something I've never seen before.  I'm using a number of texture replacers, Climates of Tamriel, and ENB.  Those are the only things I can personally think of that would be causing something like this, but I haven't the slightest clue what's causing it or what to do about it. Anyone have any ideas?

post-112742-0-25032000-1384821301_thumb.jpg

This is about as bad as it gets.  If I turn away from the town, it starts to get better until it eventually goes away.

So i guess, the screenshot was taken after running Skyrim for a while and if that's the case, your graphic card was just unable to render the game properly anymore.
if the above is true, you better get rid of SFO, as it raised the VRAM and GPU usage.

Slight warning: SFO can not simply be removed from an save game, so it's best to start from a save, that doesn't have SFO in it, to avoid stuttering and graphical glichtes in some places.

I was just thinking that may have been the case.  I had only been running Skyrim for about a half hour at that point, but had been doing other gaming all day.  I'll do some testing and see if that helps.  I expect it will.

Looks like a fan on your videocard stopped working.

Well crap.  I hope that's not the case.  I'll open her up and take a look next time I get the chance.  Thanks for the heads up!

Not sure where to put this.  I'll try here.  I put it up on the Nexus, but it got ignored.  

I recently did a clean install of Skyrim, got my mods back, and started a new game.  After running to the Guardian Stones, I saw this, something I've never seen before.  I'm using a number of texture replacers, Climates of Tamriel, and ENB.  Those are the only things I can personally think of that would be causing something like this, but I haven't the slightest clue what's causing it or what to do about it. Anyone have any ideas?

attachicon.gif2013-11-18_00001.jpg

This is about as bad as it gets.  If I turn away from the town, it starts to get better until it eventually goes away.

When I see this you should check the video card -- make sure the fan is working, cleaned up properly, and try to run VMST to check if VRAM is shot or not.

If this was his graphics card then why is it localised to just that grass?

Its most likely just a cell edit loading up wrong, or less likely the mesh loading bad.

I use skyrim flora overhaul and had the same problem, but for me it was a tree.

And my system is in perfect working condition.

You should still check if you graphics card is working as it should though.

I checked my card, one of the fans did indeed crap out, so it was over heating.  I got it fixed, and I haven't seen this problem anymore.  I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure I would have thought about the heat being a problem.  Thanks, everyone!

Archived