Nights too bright: CoT + ELFX, solution?

hryh23k9823u

Nights sucks with CoT and ELFX. Not as much as vanilla I guess, but still. I tried the night modules from the first (I like something between 6 and 8th night module). Problem with CoT night modules is that they actually reduce all light sources, so I can't even see my torch, while the entire point is actually that... So I only use CoT with its core module. Interiors works perfect with ELFX, though, but nights, omg... I tried Mike Fox Darker Nights but it doesnt change anything for me, tried to put the esp file below cot and elfx but I dont see any change. So, anyone using CoT and ELFX having a good solution? (RealVision improves nights a lot, but I dont wanna use any enb, need 60fps...)

Have you tried to tweak and balance your brightness/contrast/gamma settings on both your video card and monitor?

Yes but no... :P

I mean, everything is fine. Daylight is fine, interior light, is even better, with ELFX ruling here. Nights: Vanilla. If I tweak those setting outside I'll change how I see everything and that's not good ;o In that case is better using night modules from Climates of Tamriel Dx

Try mike foxes darker nights (i myself use the blue version). I'd also suggest using "no eye adaptation" mod or/and "mitigate hdr something-something" (i dont recall full name of the mod, but it also reduces overpowered bloom from snow and other bright objects). There will be an issue with too bright waterfalls, mist, foam and smoke - but i cant help you on that one - didnt find any viable solution as for today. Also, higher contrast ingame will make shadows deeper (i use imaginator for that - if used with MCM menu option and very rarely, it should not create any bloat. Alternatively there is also mod called "CLO" - another lighting customizer which full name i dont recall). With all of the above your nights will be pitch black, so think about lanterns of skyrim, werable lanterns or similar mods. It should all be pretty compatibile with all o your lighting overhauls, since they only change basic weather parameters nad lightsources' power.

I've just spent 3 days on balancing ingame lights (without any ENB, RLO or ELFX or similar).

Hope u somehow understood, since i'm too lazy to work on my english : (

Just use Enb, Enboost is great to have anyway, You can use the base module and do minor tweaks without hitting your fps at all. Also, I assume you are using a capper of some sort anyway, and it comes with that kind of utility built in, similarly full screen windowed mode. There is really no reason not to use an Enb.

@zxcvb999 I tried mike foxes' darker nights, but Im not completely sure if its compatible with elfx, since basically I can't see any difference (I didnt try it without elfx in order to test, so I can't tell). Did you tried it with CoT and/or ELFX? Also tried RCRN with no results. I'm gonna try the no-adaptation thingy and your other recommendations, and let's see what happens.

@jimmydandy28 yeah I use enb series for the enboost, but I dont use graphis for I want to have 60fps almost constantly. However, I've just discovered a nice tweak called HiAmigo or something like that, that lowers the internal resolution in some points like combats helping you to get a more stable framerate in those situations. And now that you mentioned it, I do use OneTweak, for the windowed full screen and double cursor fix when alt-tab, silly me, i should try real full screen ^^

@jimmydandy28 yeah I use enb series for the enboost, but I dont use graphis for I want to have 60fps almost constantly. However, I've just discovered a nice tweak called HiAmigo or something like that, that lowers the internal resolution in some points like combats helping you to get a more stable framerate in those situations. And now that you mentioned it, I do use OneTweak, for the windowed full screen and double cursor fix when alt-tab, silly me, i should try real full screen ^^

You can change night emission levels and not hit your framerate though. It only really starts hitting your fps once you start sharpening/dof/actual light effects. Changing your color pallet and brghtening/darkening doesn't really hit you at all.

Couple of things to try in the ENB:

Under the Environment section:

Colorpow (colorpower) - mine is at 1.5

Ambient Color Filters (top, middle, bottom) - change to darker colors - mine are in the 0 to 50 range

Point Lighting Intensity (to increase brightness of lights) - mine are at 2.5 for night

I have tweaked mine a lot. I reduced ambient lighting using the color filters and adjusted the other items in the Environment section. There is a guide on the Nexus that explains a number of the settings.

Current view of Dragonsreach from below at night:

post-101267-0-28794300-1385141607_thumb.jpg

Outside Whiterun at night:

post-101267-0-71527800-1385141997_thumb.jpg

Edit: Here is the guide: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39742//?

Nights sucks with CoT and ELFX. Not as much as vanilla I guess, but still. I tried the night modules from the first (I like something between 6 and 8th night module). Problem with CoT night modules is that they actually reduce all light sources, so I can't even see my torch, while the entire point is actually that... So I only use CoT with its core module. Interiors works perfect with ELFX, though, but nights, omg... I tried Mike Fox Darker Nights but it doesnt change anything for me, tried to put the esp file below cot and elfx but I dont see any change. So, anyone using CoT and ELFX having a good solution? (RealVision improves nights a lot, but I dont wanna use any enb, need 60fps...)

CoT comes with addons (separated esps) to adjust night, interior and dungeon brightness.

I'm using Nights Level 3 when I'm not using ENB, along with Interiors Warm and Dungeons Hazardous.

Archived