Updating modified shadow follower/species mod from LE to SE

A long time ago, a talented modder named Halofarm made a follower by the name of Nim. Originally, Nim was a utter pitch-black near-void of a person, and I thought it was awesome. I struggled for days to understand how the construction-kit worked, and managed to kludge together a form of this to be a playable race and converted to the CBBE body.. I can barely remember anything about it, but it involved some weird overlay effect or maybe a spell effect over the body. Later on, Nim was updated to just be a dark-grey skinned lady, and I was sad. It seems Halofarm's site is gone now these days, though. I sadly cannot find my screenshots of the character through all my old backups (she looked FANTASTIC with glowing-green makeup and body overlays), but I -think- I have the modified esp file still of the original to make it also a playable race. Making it CBBE was just messing with the folders in the skyrim folders, before I started using MO2. I'll upload the file, it has 2 ESPs in it. I believe the larger one is the modified one. If anyone with a working LE wants to test this that would be awesome, and even more awesome if someone could convert it to SE

Nim.rar

Try this

Nim.jpg.e6ecb20c471d969882fac881ebb62a92.jpg

Nim SE.7z

Extracted the BSA with Cathedral Assets Optimiser (CAO).

Converted all meshes and textures to SE with CAO.

Opened esp in XEdit and made one edit - her head was pointing at her hair nif instead of femalehead.nif for some reason.

Converted the Form 43 esp to Form 44 in the CK.

Didn't bother packing things back into a BSA.

Zipped it up and installed it.

She appears in the Winking Skeever but I brought her to me in Elgrim's with 'Are You There?' mod.

She entered, walked across the room, sat down and got stuck into the food and drink. 😀

Edit: I used the Nim2 esp as it had the later date - 2015.

You can convert her to use your body and skin using XEdit. Far easier than wrestling with the CK.

Edited by Grey Cloud
Posted (edited)

Not quite sure what is going on... I can't seem to download the file. When I try, it -says_ I have downloaded it in the forum by the little DL-checker, but it gives me a cloud-flare error on my end. I am super stoked to try it out though!

Edited by lindazana
Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 4:55 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Try this

Reveal hidden contents

Nim.jpg.e6ecb20c471d969882fac881ebb62a92.jpg

yeah, the download is still broken it seems, and the image you linked isn't displaying right. Not quite sure what's going on.

Edited by lindazana
3 hours ago, lindazana said:

yeah, the download is still broken it seems, and the image you linked isn't displaying right. Not quite sure what's going on.

I have no idea what is happening.

I get the same 'bad gateway if I try to download it.

According to what it says, the follower file has been downloaded 20 times. 🤷‍♂️

Just PMed you. Don't know if it will work as the site is obviously having problems at the mo.

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 4:55 AM, Grey Cloud said:

You can convert her to use your body and skin using XEdit. Far easier than wrestling with the CK.

I... have no idea how one would do this actually. Is there an easy and up-to-date guide for this somewhere? Nim was built for old UNP, and I currently use 3BA CBBE

edit followup: It works in game! Sorta! Eyes, hair, and scars seem to only have a single option, and Obody doesn't seem able to change the body. But still, the texture stuff works and it didn't crash!

Edit: Well, I got it -partway- fixed. it now uses the correct body and skeleton and hands. I attempted to make the head parts work by copying the formID entries other races use, but hasn't seemed to fix it, I still can't select other eyes. hairs, etc, but the body is working well. I'll upload what I got so far:

Nim SE.rar

Edited by lindazana