My mod, my little RP attempt in New Vegas

A.J.

Hello!

I wanted to learn something about modding and I did it working on this quest mod. Now I'm getting to the end of this wonderful trip leasted 4 months, I hope I'll release in a month or so.
I'm testing it very much, but this absolutely doesn't mean that if I don't have problems there are no problems. I'm sure someone else could find tons of problems.

So this is what I'm looking for, someone that could help me in beta testing it. If you think you are interested, please read below this line.

--------------------------------------------------

The only rule I'd like to put on this is:
- Please don't use your beloved savegame, do a new savegame! If something goes wrong you can easily uninstall it and going back, I really wouldn't like you to lose your savegame. Ok, quite obvious but... I wanted to remember that.

The only requisite I ask for is:
- You already manually installed mods, so you can figure that if you can't see a texture take a look if you extracted it in the right way. These kinds of things. Anyway I'm always avaiable for any help request, of course.

The things you'd like to know, to see if you could appreciate it:

- It's not in lore. Now I don't want to open an endless debate about it, everyone has its own point of view about lore. Mine is that I wouldn't do something in lore since I'm afraid to make mistakes or contraddictions on the story or mainly the past stories I don't know (I only know FO3 and NV, and I often forget details...).
So about this quest: it doesn't involve Enclave, BoS or whoever. This is why I say it's not in lore. It's just a side story, there's abstraction in it, it involves npcs that really don't care about what's happening around the Mojave, they have their own life and stories to think about.

- It's a little RP attempt, I introduced some RP components like dynamic dialogues, no arrows will point you where you must go, etc. So the whole mod follows the rules I used. You must like this kind of RP or it will be a pain.

- Another example of RP attempt is that where possible I didn't want to close the mod locations to open them when it was the right time. You are free to roam wherever you want, if you reach a place in a wrong moment the things simply are not as they will be. Also the quests follow the same rules: someone tells you to go in a certain place, you go there, you find what you need, you end the quest and take the reward. If you went there without the quest probably you still would find it, then the way you handle this depends by you, I mean if in the future you go to that npc and he asks for your help you could simply say "oh listen I already been there before, is this what you were looking for?" etc. or another example, you reach a bandit shack without any related quest, the shack is closed (but you can picklock it and take a look), but you won't find them (I suppose they're hanging around doing what bandits usually do).

- It's not "shooting to anything that moves". There are some combats but it wasn't my main goal. Also, I didn't place Essential NPCs because I still want to give the opportunity to fail the quest killing some important NPCs. Anyway not all the NPCs are essential for the main questline and you could try a bad karma approach if you want (I'm still refining this aspect, since I play "good" usually).

I consider the whole quest not really easy because there are riddles to solve to get till the end. Also there are different playthroughs that lead to different consequences. While you can live with the fact you failed a sub-quest, only doing some certain things will leads to a peculiar end.

- It's... "cinematic". It takes inspiration from movies I love and attempts to recreate the same feeling about the story. Also, there are scrap of movies at the start of every chapter, a side story that gives an interpretation of the chapter you are going to play. The whole story is quite abstract, the role of the NPCs, what they say, how the events pass etc. everything is quite blurry and bizzare at start, but they all have a background. Now not everything will be explained and there are reasons to that too. But well, anyway, I stop now.

- It's not voice acted. Unfortunately I don't have the resources (the persons...) to achieve something like that. It's a big pity, I find voice acted quests definetely one step over the other ones.

Difficulty and level:

You can start the quest whenever you want, stop it, continue when you feel in the right mood, etc. Just like another vanilla quest. There are some timed events, but usually you are in some way warned about it.

I'm trying to balance the difficulty right now. Since combats weren't my main goal, I didn't think a lot about stats.

I always use Very Hard settings and this is what happened.
I tried it at level 5, using the legit tricks I know and I had a bad time. For legit tricks I mean knowing the places where I can take equipment and moneys faster, so that I was able to start the quest with some bullets and nice equipment. But well at level 5 I still could do part of the quest, not the last chapter. I'm playing right now at level 14 and I'm doing it quite well, still there are chances to die but I'm going well.

A friend tried it to a very high level and did it very easily, the only issue he had was with some enemies I consider very weak (I should recheck their way to level up probably).

So what I exactly need:

Oh, just do everything you feel you want to do. If you want to simply play it alone and give a comment if it's good, bad, boring, enjoyable, silly, too easy, too hard, etc. do it. If you want to deeply test the whole story in all the playthroughs, just tell me and I'll provide you all the infos to trigger the right events. If you want to test the combats or take a look at the cells, I give you the name of the cells so you can COC them. I just need you to try it and telling me if everything flows or if you had problems of any sorts. I want mainly test the scripts, there are many around and I want to check if they work in different situations.

What I can't provide:

Things don't work for you and you're using 160 .esp. I won't be able to understand if you have an issue that it could be related with another mod, nor I can't install your 160 mods to recreate the same issue, I hope you'll understand. :-O

I post some ingame screenshots, just to make an idea.

Posted Image

8_zps7a9fc5bb.jpg

7_zps42f8d85a.jpg

3_zps80ffeab9.jpg

6_zps8066d7b9.jpg

2_zps8844a1e3.jpg

5_zpsa168904c.jpg

1_zpsd4d5c252.jpg

4_zps1ac1b458.jpg

If you read till here and you still are in the mood to help me with beta test, please send me a PM.

But consider the things you'd like to know, to see if you could appreciate it, I don't want that it will be a pain for you.

Thank you very much

Archived