OAR + Nemesis + FNIS trouble.

Hello everyone !

So i've been installing new combat animation packs for the game, the "For Honor in Skyrim" by smooth movesets which required a bunch of extra stuff and utilities to work, mainly Open Animation Replacer, keyword item distributor, Modern stagger lock, and the suspected guilty mod, the Nemesis Creatures Behavious compatibility patch.

It seemed to me as if it wouldn't conflict with anything in my sexytime load order, but alas, creature animations somehow broke and they remain either in idle animation or are trying to straf while human actors are animating just fine.

My load order is kind of a mess right now, and i still have to work out the courage to have a deep good look at it, so i just wanted to know if the stuff that i added was incompatible with creature animations or if something else is broke them.

Cheers !

None of the things you've listed so far are incompatible with each other and I've been using both MCO+bunch of movesets with OAR animation sets on top of piles of "NSFW" mods and animations. My guess is you've either messed up your load order and/or dont properly set up FNIS and nemesis to function together properly (there are several guides lying around how to)

8 hours ago, Hadrahil said:

Nemesis Creatures Behavious compatibility patch

Despite the name, this doesn't actually make creature animations work on Nemesis. You would need to run both FNIS and Nemesis together for all of your mods to work. 

Personally, I suggest you look at Pandora behavior engine. It does everything FNIS/Nemesis does and is much faster as well. Just check the issues page on github to see if there are any specific mods it doesn't work with.

10 hours ago, Hadrahil said:

Hello everyone !

So i've been installing new combat animation packs for the game, the "For Honor in Skyrim" by smooth movesets which required a bunch of extra stuff and utilities to work, mainly Open Animation Replacer, keyword item distributor, Modern stagger lock, and the suspected guilty mod, the Nemesis Creatures Behavious compatibility patch.

It seemed to me as if it wouldn't conflict with anything in my sexytime load order, but alas, creature animations somehow broke and they remain either in idle animation or are trying to straf while human actors are animating just fine.

My load order is kind of a mess right now, and i still have to work out the courage to have a deep good look at it, so i just wanted to know if the stuff that i added was incompatible with creature animations or if something else is broke them.

Cheers !

If you don't want to touch your FNIS/Nemesis setup, I would suggest to remove the Nemesis Creature behaviors patch, and stick to FNIS Creature Behaviors patch.

So what I do when running FNIS + Nemesis is:

Enable all your FNIS Behaviors and Creature Behaviors 

Run Fnis, tick off whatever you need (I just have skeleton arm fix), let it finish and then exit FNIS

Disable FNIS Creature Behavior patch only

Then run Nemesis and update engine and launch.

Once that's finished, turn FNIS Creature Behavior back on. 

That's all I do to get it working while using Vortex, so it most likely isn't going to work right if you're using a different mod manager

Edited by Roarc
16 hours ago, bnub345 said:

Despite the name, this doesn't actually make creature animations work on Nemesis. You would need to run both FNIS and Nemesis together for all of your mods to work. 

Personally, I suggest you look at Pandora behavior engine. It does everything FNIS/Nemesis does and is much faster as well. Just check the issues page on github to see if there are any specific mods it doesn't work with.

Pandora made everything work like a charm !

Plus it's faster to build and intuitive and it removes the slight burden of switching your fnis on and off to make it work alongside nemesis.

Plus, it contains the creature compatibility patch by itself, so no more engine update failures which i had with nemesis which kinda prevented me to just disable it and run with the rest, as it was a requirment for the entire thing to work properly.

Thank you guys !

1 hour ago, Hadrahil said:

Pandora made everything work like a charm !

Plus it's faster to build and intuitive and it removes the slight burden of switching your fnis on and off to make it work alongside nemesis.

Plus, it contains the creature compatibility patch by itself, so no more engine update failures which i had with nemesis which kinda prevented me to just disable it and run with the rest, as it was a requirment for the entire thing to work properly.

Thank you guys !

Before you get too carried away - Zaz doesn't work with PBE in case that matters.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:12 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Before you get too carried away - Zaz doesn't work with PBE in case that matters.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's a small price to pay.